Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote Recount (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan)

Regular
    BTW, said this on page 1

I live in PA, 2/3 of PA used PAPER ballots because they did not trust the system. The ballots were hand counted AND machine counted on an independent system for each Borough or District. A PA recount request needed to be filed by 11/28 which was not done. Because of the late filing, she was required to pay a late filing fee, which she has not done.

To push an automatic recount, the difference needed to be .5 and the difference was .8. There is no way that a recount is going to happen in PA, no matter how hard she tries to push. This is just another way for her to grab some money for the flailing Green Party and their egomaniac ways.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:14.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon2000 View Post
    https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2.../cps-2013.html

Also, farmers are not the only ones that hire illegal immigrants...the Turkey plant right across the street from us recently had an ICE raid and had about 50 employees carted away. There was a plant in Illinois that got in trouble for the same thing...
    Turkey farmers.

Veteran
    So let me ask a question of the Democrats in the room. If illegal immigrants are not A. Working B. On welfare C. Going to school for free. What are the 12 million illegal immigrants doing here? I can tell you, they are stealing jobs. Yes, they are eating up welfare and yes they get schooling plus medical for free. Also yes they are voting in some states like California that have extremely slack rules when it comes to voting. But hey the rich get cheap labor, while us working whites and blacks get our jobs stolen from us. Hey its cool we have welfare right, oh wait they keep running out of money. But it's ok at least illegal immigrants are taken care of right. ;)

Enthusiast
    @handofthrawn

Illegal immagrants get free schooling and medical? What the?
    Live long and prosper

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:13.

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    So let me ask a question of the Democrats in the room. If illegal immigrants are not A. Working B. On welfare C. Going to school for free. What are the 12 million illegal immigrants doing here? I can tell you, they are stealing jobs. Yes, they are eating up welfare and yes they get schooling plus medical for free. Also yes they are voting in some states like California that have extremely slack rules when it comes to voting. But hey the rich get cheap labor, while us working whites and blacks get our jobs stolen from us. Hey its cool we have welfare right, oh wait they keep running out of money. But it's ok at least illegal immigrants are taken care of right. ;)
    Exactly what jobs are they "stealing"?
    Because if the jobs they are "stealing" are jobs that pay so horribly and require such long working hours that barely any legal US citizen would take them then that's not a job that's stolen from anybody because nobody would take that job.

And is there any actual evidence that there has been any sort of statistically relevant vote-rigging anywhere? Credible sources please, ie independent peer reviewed papers or respected media outlets! ie not the sort of bull**** you can find off of breitbart or RT!
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moon View Post
    @handofthrawn

Illegal immagrants get free schooling and medical? What the?
    Yes illegal immigrants get free public school up to college. They are also not banned from scholarships or state/federal aid. Medical is free because in America no one is turned away that need medical care. Yes illegals are sent a bill but 95% of the time they give fake names and such. So hospitals end up billing the government and adding extra charges to all paying patients to make up for the free care.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Because if the jobs they are "stealing" are jobs that pay so horribly and require such long working hours that barely any legal US citizen would take them then that's not a job that's stolen from anybody because nobody would take that job.

And is there any actual evidence that there has been any sort of statistically relevant vote-rigging anywhere? Credible sources please, ie independent peer reviewed papers or respected media outlets! ie not the sort of bull**** you can find off of breitbart or RT!
    Yes if you listen to elites and city people no one wants farming jobs. Farming communities have been hit hard by the influx of illegal immigrants. I am sure though msnbc or CNN will say differently. Also don't forget construction, plumbing and yard work. Yes your right they are low paying professions thanks to illegals driving down the wages. It's like if they let any doctors practice in America. It would drive medical costs into the ground. You would have a doctor on every corner.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post

Starting salary at the turkey plant across the street (not farm, actual plant where they prepare them for sale) is 15.00 hr

Regular
    Yes if you listen to elites and city people no one wants farming jobs. Farming communities have been hit hard by the influx of illegal immigrants. I am sure though msnbc or CNN will say differently. Also don't forget construction, plumbing and yard work. Yes your right they are low paying professions thanks to illegals driving down the wages. It's like if they let any doctors practice in America. It would drive medical costs into the ground. You would have a doctor on every corner.
    Totally agree with you on that. But you need to go after the guys doing the hiring of illegals. I mean REALLY crack down on these guys. In landscape and construction many employers even pay legals under the table. Make the punnishment harsh enough to make it not worth the risk.The jobs they get through these guys is what keeps them coming back. Your fighting a losing battle going after the illegals themselves as they will just keep coming.
    Of course the downside is the increased costs of labor will be passed on to us in the price tag.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Totally agree with you on that. But you need to go after the guys doing the hiring of illegals. I mean REALLY crack down on these guys. In landscape and construction many employers even pay legals under the table. Make the punnishment harsh enough to make it not worth the risk.The jobs they get through these guys is what keeps them coming back. Your fighting a losing battle going after the illegals themselves as they will just keep coming.
    Of course the downside is the increased costs of labor will be passed on to us in the price tag.

Increase in cost of labor being passed down is a moot point. If more legal persons are hired (permit carrying immigrants or citizens both) then pay will increase across the board. Wage stagnation will end. We can then afford an increase in items. I would much rather pay 15.00 extra for a phone knowing is was made here in the USA...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon2000 View Post
    Increase in cost of labor being passed down is a moot point. If more legal persons are hired (permit carrying immigrants or citizens both) then pay will increase across the board. Wage stagnation will end. We can then afford an increase in items. I would much rather pay 15.00 extra for a phone knowing is was made here in the USA...
    My guess is $15 would be a huge under estimate. Wage stagnation isn't just in jobs sectors illegals work in... I agree it's a part, but a small part. Large monolithic corporations who do not hire illegals are the mass purveyor. You know, the guys getting the huge Trump tax break.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 05:57.

Post Fiend
    Yes your right they are low paying professions thanks to illegals driving down the wages.
    So what you're saying is that you don't like having such a competitive labour market? Can't compete? Most American capitalists would suggest that the availability of cheap labour stimulates business and economic growth - basically, I can afford to produce more goods, more affordably for the consumer, because unskilled labour is cheap. This is the same logic underlying the resistance to increases in the minimum wage.

If you're going to tell me that you support a higher minimum wage, and have an issue with immigration because of the labour glut that would generate, that might put us into the position of being able to have a meaningful conversation about the economic impact of illegal immigration. But I have a feeling that you would oppose a $15/hour minimum wage, too.

It's like if they let any doctors practice in America. It would drive medical costs into the ground. You would have a doctor on every corner.
    Not the same thing at all, really.

The ones I'd trust to cut me open would still be expensive. Yeah, there might be a guy on the corner, with a medical degree from the Kandahar Campus of the P.T. Barnum School of Leeches and Miracle Cures, willing to cut out my gallbladder for $20, but I'm going to be asking questions like "What med school did you go to?" and "Are you insured?" - and satisfactory answers to those questions would mean I'd have to pay the 'expensive' doctors.

ETA: Swirvin, you're right about $15 being a huge underestimate. I looked at the numbers on this a while back when Trump first started talking about forcing Apple to make their phones here. While there are some figures hard to anticipate, a conservative estimate of the cost difference would still be in the hundreds of dollars. So you're getting $500 of your $600 phone subsidized by your carrier on contract right now; suddenly the retail cost shoots up to $800, and you're paying $300 out of your pocket instead of $100. (Some analyses suggest that the cost of an iPhone would shoot up to about $2000 dollars.)
    Last edited by Chanain; 07-12-2016 at 17:36.

Veteran
    Simply put employees are the number one cost of any business. Wages are just a part of it honestly. Taxes, insurance, workers comp, paid sick leave, unemployment, safety equipment, safe work environment, retirement plans and many other cost that go into having legal employees. Nice thing about illegal employees you don't have any of those things and can pay them next to nothing.

Thread Information