Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 70 potential changes

Post Fiend
    Sci changes are good

Winners: Fae, Dorf, Humans
    Losers: Elf, Halfer
    Middle Road: Orc, UD, Avain (all good tweaks)

Halfer is garbage as per usual, can't compete with any of the other "tm /hybrid" races. Just massacre all day on that weak weak defence.

Elf... I understand the nerf, still a decent race, just hard to pass up on the fae boner I have right now (still a good heretic option with NM and +50% WPA).

Humans were the second least played race so I get the getting biggest increase.

Dorf as pretty solid, not OP, but definitely not ****ty. I could see more growth dorfs.

Fae is pretty OP... how to balance, nerf tog, increase leet cost, increase wages. Make them not so economically strong if you want them to have DEVASTATING DAMAGE. This will pave way for more econimic races such as humans and dorfs.

The rest of the races were fair tweaks. I really like the switch of spells for cleric and Warhero, nicely done. Until I know the cap changes to sci, I still see sage as useless since it will be very easy to accumulate sci. I think almost all the attacking races are the most balanced they have been for some time. Just as usual I just can't see a reason to pick halfer, not sure how you can make them unique and appealing enough without double dens as their personality (which then takes away from rouge which then gives more power to heretics). Just give halfers 8/7 leets at a ludicrous price and call it a day.
    Last edited by Slayerviper; 05-12-2016 at 23:19.

Post Fiend
    Smart changes that I really like.
    Thank you.

Post Fiend
    Caps on some science categories modified along with impact of professors etc.

What categories and what are the caps ?

Veteran
    Faery changes almost make you wonder if a well connected player is going to run an all Faery kingdom again or something ;)

Why the nerf to Undead? Undead was solid last age but by no means overpowered.

Heretic needs just a widdle bit more nerfing.

Dwarf - with the gluttony in the game +75% food penalty is too much. +50% is much better and even +35% is ok.

Und should lose the -losses. The bonus should be moved to avian as -50 offensive losses. Also und should get -50% food consumption instead of full protection.

Mystic lost double guilds and got +50% towers and guilds. I don't think 50% guilds is worth 50% towers especially when rogue is getting back double tds. After each war mystics will need more than 2 weeks to recover.
    EDIT: There is a new change about magic sci but without any numbers I can't say if this is good or bad.

Rogue - double tds is too much. +50% is better.

Can we get a specific numbers about the changes in sci? How much the spawn rate increases each tick? What are the caps? Did the number of required scientists change?

"Messaging on science age when you are in fortified and so not gaining scientists" - you mean science page?
    Last edited by Bo To; 05-12-2016 at 23:52.

Honestly, Utopia is really not as fun outside of war. there needs to be more incentive for warring and winning. Like in the past when you'd get a huge science bonus. Now that science is different, the only real bonuses are land and honor. Keeping some kingdoms away from warring as there really isnt a great incentive to do so.

I just feel there should be a different or additional bonus to warring and or winning said war.

My 2 cents.
    -I go by Iceman now. Don't forget it... or forget it. Completely your choice!

Veteran
    I agree that Mystics should not lose double guilds. Give them towers bonus too.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerviper View Post
    Sci changes are good

Winners: Fae, Dorf, Humans
    Losers: Elf, Halfer
    Middle Road: Orc, UD, Avain (all good tweaks)

Humans were the second least played race so I get the getting biggest increase.

Dorf as pretty solid, not OP, but definitely not ****ty. I could see more growth dorfs.
    Dorfs were solid attackers this age, highly undervalued. I played Dwarf War hero this age and did wonderfully (we're in the top 10 warring kd's, danced around 2-4 for a while but took a bad loss late).

And I agree with the Human. I am excited to see some good Human War Heroes.

Dwarf needs 10/4 rather than 9/5 to be viable in the warring tier. They would retain some turtability since that's what seems to be your intention for them currently, but they wouldn't be a sure pick. This I feel is a necessary change to see them in action again.

As much as I love Rogue, current changes is ridiculous. Please, that's not nearly balanced.
    Last edited by Minty; 05-12-2016 at 23:33.

I totally forgot to mention magic sci will buff wizard production. I've edited the post to reflect this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I totally forgot to mention magic sci will buff wizard production. I've edited the post to reflect this.
    Huge. Huge, huge. Awesome change man.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

WW should include a number of scientists for each RL day of active war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Ok that's new. Is there a way to buff MS to kill thieves?

Post Demon
    a lot of science tweaks, really would like something happening in war like progress accelerating or something similair but a lot of other concerns have been meet. 6 hour cooldown does not make for short term flexibility, and I wonder if they will count as 0 professors on attacks if put there temporarily or would have another count, if they count as 0 you could effectively protect them all by swapping right before you got attacked. Hoping to see the increased cap be significantly highter, sitting on 142 scientists now and no one tried to abduct me for weeks.

For the rest I'm interested in the finalised changes before deciding on Avian or Orc or something else for that matter, but find it funny how Faery/Warrior could be a decent attacker with changes as they are, most other stuff seems to be swapping arround numbers for a bit, I'll have to go with gut feeling and what the kingdom tells me when it is time to decide.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    Caps on some science categories modified along with impact of professors etc.

What categories and what are the caps ?
    This....it should to be posted because of the introduction of
    Additional scientist rank Acolyte - no effects, takes 6 hours to move up to Novice
    you wont even have science till 6 hours into the age. At least last age the caps were posted in one of the threads and we could "guess" at the max based on pre age science.

Other than that my view of the overall changes is meh....nothing major/gamebreaking
    my main points are

halfer-still to weak, need a 7/6 leet (without a gain nw bump) to compete
    Elf-tweaks were fine didnt destroy them made runes more rare.
    feary-will 100% be dependent on science changes. if wpa max science got buffed they are viable a/m heretics v elfs otherwise are on rogue+FB duty and just strong as hell.

Rogue-strong if coupled with feary, weak otherwise as no race can run enough def(halfer) AND enough tpa(elf) to really make the combo super viable as a pure t/m and A/T just doesnt work because ET is so strong and easy to land.

Thread Information