Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 70 potential changes

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Faery changes almost make you wonder if a well connected player is going to run an all Faery kingdom again or something ;)
    I'd be in. In fact, if these held up, I'm gonna try to sell my current kingdom on it. 8/9 is a fairly solid army, and all spells is super flexible for an attacker.

I'll run power rankings for these soonish, see if faery is actually an ok attacker.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Postaholic
    OK.. my thoughts:

Races:
    Avian: Good Tweaks
    Dwarf: Great Tweaks!
    Elf: Not bad.. definitely sub par to Faery, so if Faery stays the same I think only the most hard core of mages will be elf.

Faery: TOO STRONG. Don't get me wrong.. I love being a faery but this is a bit much. It will force all T/M's worth their salt to be fae. I will look at this in several ways:
    +20% --> +50% op damage in itself is ridiculously good. I would tone this down to +30% - +40%
    Losing the +1 stealth is OK, and replacing it with some offense options.. I kinda like that. Mixed with losing their 6 attack leet.. I think 5/9 leet and 8/0 off spec is great.. maybe a bit more than good. could see them go to +1 off spec and still feel good.
    gc cost of leet I feel is too low. With ToG, 1000 gc leets weren't a problem.. but if you want to reduce I would go to 900, not 700. NW/Leet I would lower to 10.25 from 11.

Halfling: TOO WEAK. No matter how many op related bonusses you give to halfer, they will never be run by serious kingdoms if they arent able to at least get a x/8 spec or leet. They need 8 defense per unit to compete with elves and fae's in the T/M world.
    I think Halflings Elite should go to either 6/8 or 7/7, You could even remove the +10% population to do that, as even if all that 10% population went into pure military they would still get absolutely destroyed.. 5 defense leet and 6 defense spec.. yea no thanks.

Human: Love the changes, still a niche pick like always, but can actually hold its own well now.
    Orc: Fine
    Undead: Fine, but I would lower the cost per leet to 950gc, 1050 is just too expensive (especially compared to costs of other races)

Personalities:

Cleric: Looks fine.. maybe a bit underwhelming compared to other attacker options. Could possibly see increasing to -35% military losses

Heretic: Looks OK, I say that because I think Rogue is back to it's usual self, so I think naturally Heretics will have a harder time this age than previously, and so I think the bonusses are fine for what they are.

Mystic: I think this needs to be slightly increased or else it hurts a bit in comparison to heretic/rogue, my personal thoughts are that it needs to have Clear Sight added to it.

Rogue: This is GREAT. This is precisely where I feel Rogue needs to be at ASSUMING that fae loses its OP +50% damage, or else props/ga/aw will be way too powerful. I could accept having "Double Dens" reduced to +75% dens effect.

Sage: Hard to say what this will look like since we don't know specifics on tweaks to the sci system, so I will refrain from talking about it.

Tactician: Good.

Warrior: I personally feel that any race/personality that gets 5 gens (as long as there is some other side benefit as well) is going to basically the only real choice for most kingdoms. For that reason I suggest removing the +1 general and instead increase the +10% OME to be +15% ME (offensive and defensive).

War Hero: I dunno.. seems I mention every age that it looks terrible, and it never seems to get changed much. I do like the increased spell book, as fanatacism (+5% OME, -3% DME for those who don't know) is a nice little added perk for them. I still think the personality needs a substantial overhaul though, but I doubt that will happen for this age.

Other Stuff:

Science: Looks good at first pass, really depends on what the caps and bonus per scientist ends up being. Revelation being increased from +30% to +100% spawn rate seems a bit overpowered.. but will wait to see more comprehensive sci changes? Also depends on what Labs are being increased to be. Hopefully at least double their current effect.

Scientists: Not sure I full grasp the "stops gaining experience after 72h" Does this mean that once a scientists BECOMES a professor, they stop gaining exp? The one thing I REALLY REALLY want back is the ability to calculate raw wizards via NW calculation. Population based calculation is just too unpredictable throughout prep time/war. Please make it so Spy on Science can accurately show how much NW each scientist is currently valued at.

Wizard Production: Amazing change, can't praise this change enough. Linking it to Magic sci is a great move.

All other little changes: Look good, quality of life changes are good things :)

Please add eowcf bonus to remove plague and give large +scientist spawn bonus for x hrs to winner.
    Ud leet too expensive, fae leet too cheap.
    Keep orc gains at 25% minimum.
    Human leet 9/5
    Add dragon fund/slay log
    Add self espionage page for your kd
    Last edited by Baggin5; 06-12-2016 at 00:57.

Halfler still needs some love. Either 7/7 elite, more pop bonus, or +2 dspec.

Also, is the new level of scientist effective right when it spawns or only if you reassign it?
    Last edited by CannaWhoopazz; 06-12-2016 at 00:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

No changes demonstrate that game lost all population so they op the most useless race

Here is what you should do remove faery from the game

Also those science garbage modification look like EA games Mmorpg gold digging craps

Anyway since there are no changes goodbye

PS. Call the age: Era of the fags

Veteran
    Considering the amount of changes and new mechanics that need to be implemented, I'm really confused why all of this, the age and the announcing, had to take so incredibly long.

For the changes, I can only add this:

Attacker races all look good. Special thank you to putting the extra food consumption back on dwarf. Really improves the feel of playing a dwarf province.

Faery and elf both look good. To all those screaming faery is OP, yes it got buffed but this age elf was just better. Now elf and faery can go toe to toe again. Faery can end up with a bit more defense, but elf specs are just really cheap and builds up faster. Faery gets more defense per acre, elf gets more defense per networth (important for war/ghetto tier!). Maybe faery war hero will be a bit ridiculous with the specs, it was already nice this age so possibly remove that, but for the rest, it's good.

Is halfling supposed to be incredibly overwhelming by design or is it suppost to be able to go toe to toe with elves and faeries? Let's first stop the stupidity with trying to make it become an a/t. If you can massacre/raze it and still get incoming acres by hitting in nw range, it is simply set up for failure. And when (I say when, not if) the halfing gets massacred, you're left with the attacker part and it just has very low offense that cannot compete with other attacker races. Ever since massacre and raze got buffed, you cannot possibly go with mediocre defense on a thief. If this race needs to thieve by design, make it possible to turtle with it. Give it +100% land effect on forts or something and switch the offense and defense on the elite. Otherwise, it'll be just as widely played as last age.

On the persona's, good job overall.
    Only point of criticism for rogue; consider halving the science bonus, since double td efficiency, GA, AW and prop, already makes rogue a very strong t/m choice. Halving it still puts it higher than heretic, but just a little bit nerfed.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Postaholic
    Uhm Hoi - Regarding your thoughts on Elf vs Fae this age, I feel the ONLY reason that elf was better is because Rogue was crap.. The same reason why heretic was so good this age. Having a healthy Rogue personality is key to balancing elf (no access to clear sight) and heretic (forces them to find a race with clear sight and/or have WT's instead of TD's. All of these things make elf and heretic naturally more balanced this age even without changing them at all. All this because we made rogue viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi
    Yay, utopian faeries are gay!
    That is correct!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggin5 View Post
    Add dragon fund/slay log
    Speaking as the poor soul who after every war has to tot up the dragon slay/fund achievements for each province by hand; This would be hugely appreciated.

I don't mind the changes at face value, but Halfing's still seem rather weak. Likely will go Undead/Tactician or Human/Warrior based on what's out so far.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Uhm Hoi - Regarding your thoughts on Elf vs Fae this age, I feel the ONLY reason that elf was better is because Rogue was crap.. The same reason why heretic was so good this age. Having a healthy Rogue personality is key to balancing elf (no access to clear sight) and heretic (forces them to find a race with clear sight and/or have WT's instead of TD's. All of these things make elf and heretic naturally more balanced this age even without changing them at all. All this because we made rogue viable again.
    I was going to type a whole piece about MV'ing a faery with clear sight, but then I remembered, the real way to deal with rogues is with ET. MV'ing the CS would force a rogue to save some stealth to make it worthwhile, which makes ET that much more destructive. So I guess there's some thruth in this. Thank you for encouraging me to use my brain.

That said, I still don't think faeries are overpowered since I'm also comparing them to attackers. If not balanced with elf, I'd sooner give the elf a small buff than give faery a nerf.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurilas View Post
    Faery changes almost make you wonder if a well connected player is going to run an all Faery kingdom again or something ;)
    There are 2 paths to Bishop's heart. Beer and money.

Quote Originally Posted by tehawk View Post
    No changes demonstrate that game lost all population so they op the most useless race

Here is what you should do remove faery from the game

Also those science garbage modification look like EA games Mmorpg gold digging craps

Anyway since there are no changes goodbye

PS. Call the age: Era of the fags
    Banned. Goodbye.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Dwarf needs 10/4 rather than 9/5 to be viable in the warring tier. They would retain some turtability since that's what seems to be your intention for them currently, but they wouldn't be a sure pick. This I feel is a necessary change to see them in action again.

As much as I love Rogue, current changes is ridiculous. Please, that's not nearly balanced.
    The 5 dwarves in this kingdom would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggin5 View Post
    Ud leet too expensive,
    Add dragon fund/slay log
    Add self espionage page for your kd
    Agree with this post, especially with the self espionage page for your kd, easier to see enemy spells on your kd during war time and strategize

Humans are still underpowered. Give them clear sight and reflect magic (Or at least one of those)

They're not as tanky as dwarves and clearly less powerful than all other pure attackers.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiatus View Post
    Humans are still underpowered. Give them clear sight and reflect magic (Or at least one of those)

They're not as tanky as dwarves and clearly less powerful than all other pure attackers.
    Reflect would be nice :)

Thread Information