Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Virtual Kingdom 1st Draft

Needs to get out more

The Virtual Kingdom 1st Draft

Hello.

Each age I build a Virtual Kingdom. The excercise is to build a 25 player kingdom with the following constraints: distribute each race x 3, each personality x 3, and 1 more that can't share the same race/personality combination already represented in the 24 other provinces. For example, you can have 3 faery warriors but a 4th faery would have to be a different personality.

This is both pageantry and strategy. I invite you to submit your version of The Virtual Kingdom. You're welcome to add commentary, explaining your choices.

Thank you for your time and I wish you a fun age 70.

Avian - cleric
    Dwarf - sage
    Elf - mystic
    Faery - heretic
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - tactician
    Orc - warrior
    Undead - war hero

Avian - tactician
    Dwarf - war hero
    Elf - rogue
    Faery - mystic
    Halfling - heretic
    Human - cleric
    Orc - warrior
    Undead - sage

Avian - warrior
    Dwarf - sage
    Elf - heretic
    Faery - rogue
    Halfling - mystic
    Human - cleric
    Orc - tactician
    Undead - war hero

Faery - sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    interesting exercise :) I personally wouldn't even run a lot of the persos, but in accordance with the rules set, i would run this probably:

3 of each of these:
    Avian - cleric
    Dwarf - war hero
    Elf - mystic
    Faery - heretic
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - sage
    Orc - warrior
    Undead - tact

and 1 fae/rog

kinda boring i know :) just has the most race/perso synergies within the rules imo.

Needs to get out more
    @ Conclave.

It's fine. Some of my choices are based in player enthusiasm or race/persona that've kicked my a**. I've encountered avian players who love playing warrior and I've twice been bested by undead war heroes in single combat. Your choices are sound in my humble opinion.

Thank you.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Yea i like more original combos as well. Ones that allow built in abilities/mechanics that cant be achieved through normal pumping/activity/build strat means (ambush immune and attack speed regardless of BE/built rax acres on avian, dwarf's build speed/conversion and BE boost, UD to an extent fits as well but i dont like ud/orc and having to anon constantly) loved playing Av/sage last age. Would probably play av/dw sage this age if rogue hadnt been repaired :)
    Last edited by Conclave; 10-12-2016 at 01:29.

Veteran
    I'd go with

3 avian war hero's. Able to hit oow for honour a lot to abuse that +100%, leet conversion + extra speed is nice, makes it more durable.
    3 dwarf heretics. A nice hybrid where dwarf fast free rebuild can turn it from aggressive to turtling whenever needed.
    3 Elf tactician. Attacker/mage; with rogue this strong any mage would need clear sight.
    3 faery mystics. Again, cs on casters
    3 Halfling rogues. Obvious choice
    3 human sages. Revelation + sage bonus should be nice
    3 orc clerics. -losses and extra kills on the opponent. great combination
    3 undead warriors. I love bloodlust + the -losses
    +1 faery rogue. Rogue is just that good this age.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Demon
    3 Avian cleric Only choice there I think for durability fast attackers
    3 Dwarf sage gotta add possibility to max sci at a higher level on them attacker/bank
    3 Elf heretics seems best pure t/m
    3 Faery War Hero Unconventional but strong use of their +2 specs and high def elites, you only really need to pay for specs and it does not make much sense for elite conversion on provinces that would run a 100% offensive elite army a/m
    3 Halfing Rogues, most naturally, and while I'd like to utilize mages fury better the oppotunity to propaganda with a very strong thief should not be underestimated t/m role
    3 Human tacticians faster with quick feet, possible to sync with avians and maxed science gives 82% higher income so can do without sage as fast attacker part bank
    3 Orc warriors for smashing everything to pieces heavy attacker
    3 Undead Mystics Just got left with mystics, but it might work out if dedicating a big % on guilds towers and wt's for protecting them as A/M.
    + 1 Human Sage since it looks badass to get the ecconomy with even better sci, faery heretic also looks good and would do justice to the sabotage dammage which would be hard with war hero.

Probably not the strongest setup, but I'd like speed and durability/income, and I really feel tempted to go for faery war hero because of conversion of powerfull off specs into powerfull defensive elites, the conversion rate would hardly matter to most other races, as you are better of with elites as offenses.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Surprised to see someone else offering up elf tactician. I think they will make a strong attacker mage. Will be able to pitfall everyone and fireball the chastity target. Fools gold on the rogues and heretics trying fund the dragon. Wise attacks will stop massacres and being chained. Only will need 1 tpa and can take care of sot for entire kingdom. Real good role this age.

Max channeling ASAP.

Needs to get out more
    I've run elf tac but when they had low losses and NM. The age 70 version with invisibity can make tac intel easier. I'll look at this and see if I can make it fit.

My reservations about putting all my rogue eggs in one basket were that the undead sage I was running showered 14 amnesia spells on a rogue in one sitting. From 5k to 2.3k days per cast. I'd imagine he was still effective, but my aim was to cripple his versatility. As undead I was well aware of the threat level I was facing. No denying halfer effectiveness plus extra stealth though. New animal this age.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    3 Avian War Hero A/t (cant be ambushed = more wartime heros that make it home.... figures)
    3 Dwarf Sages A/T/M (build farms you cupcake)
    3 Elf Warrior A/t/M (build towers you dunce, No your not drizzit)
    3 Faerie Heretics T/M (Ops + Iphone = #1 leading cause of Arthritis)
    3 Halfings Mystics T/M (Ops + Ipad = #2 leading cause of Arthritis)
    3 Human Cleric A/t/m (Stick smash undead, heal party, no your not a paladin)
    3 Orc Tactician A/t (No you are not allowed to wear wings on your back)
    3 Undead Rogues A/T (use your stealth damn it!!!)
    1 Elf Heretic A/T/M (Closest thing to a Dark Elf though Dark Elves won vs High Elves...... no your not allowed to name yourself Drizzit)
    Last edited by RedPanda; 10-12-2016 at 08:04.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Post Fiend
    Avian Cleric: Fast attacks no good if you lose all your army unless you can afford to double speed build. You really can't rely on hosps.
    Dwarf Sage: +47% BE with 6 hr free build is crazy. Doubling food science huge here.
    Elf Heretic: Always stack multiplying bonuses > 1. ^
    Faery Mystic: +1 mana
    Hafling Rogue: duh
    Human Warrior: Orc wannabe
    Orc War Hero: Sustainability
    Undead Tactician: intel

Orc Warrior too powerful, hence will be gone immediately. Besides, Orcs need offensive replacements more than UD for sustain. Since UDs can only do intel, tactician is the obvious choice there. The -20% attack time really means no rax to keep with rest of attackers giving them another land bonus. Warrior gives Humans the offense of a UD with the kills of an Orc (almost). Kind of an Orc wannabe. That's a good thing. Balance.

Strategy Moderator
    i would try to link up/sync up my kd the best i could. to that end

Avain Cleric
    Human sage
    orc tact
    All 3 of these have similar attack times and mesh well with the given race

dwarf warrior
    undead mystic
    these 2 races have the build space to pull of these personalities (and have rax to match above). dwarf needs the extra rax and farms....undead just say @!#$ to hospitals and size up with lots of towers and "pray" they do enough MS before crushed

elf heretic
    halfer rogue
    my t/m's elf heretic for nm waves "if possible" otherwise they can endlessly spam NS for 0 losses for rogues that open people up via prop/GA

feary war hero
    has the same attack times as the attacker core and converts offense into defensive leets for quick unbrekables...can run slighterly high tpa to start for extra damage after nm wave/pop hits hard.

EXTRA
    Feary Rogue--another t/m...its focus is on easier "rogue" targets that are to hard for normal feaiers/heretics to spam succesuflly.

Post Fiend
    For all attacker/hybrid.

Avian Cleric: Same
    Dwarf Rogue: Max TDs always.
    Elf Mystic: only one with tpa for MS.
    Faery Sage: Could be OP attacker. I might just do this instead of Dwarf Sage
    Halfling War Hero: Attacking in greater numbers for more conversions. Finally, decent elites.
    Human Warrior: Same
    Orc Heretic: hehe
    Undead Tactician: Same

Needs to get out more
    Thank you all very much.

I truly appreciate your input and love seeing the different ideas.

Oftentimes I'll blend strats so that the final version may not seem to reflect a specific one listed here. Persains Swiss watch assembly reflects his mastery; something I could never match, only copy.

Again, thank you all and feel free to drop any other ideas here that may pop into your head.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    Avian/cleric -speed requires sustainability
    Dwarf/war hero - super for growth
    Elf/heretic - landing nm chains
    Faery/mystic - ms coverage
    Halfing/rogue - aw/prop
    Human/sage - amnesia
    Orc/warrior - big bad breaker boys
    Undead/tact - another avian/cleric type guy

Dwarf/cleric monarch - needs protection as monarch and I believe this combo will be extremely diffulcut to take down effectively

Needs to get out more
    ~ Virtual Kingdom Divisions ~

Western

Faery - heretic
    Faery - rogue
    Orc - cleric
    Undead - warrior
    Undead - war hero

Northern

Avian - warrior
    Elf - sage
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - sage
    Orc - tactician

Central HQ

Avian - tactician
    Dwarf - heretic
    Dwarf - sage
    Faery - mystic
    Faery - sage

Southern

Dwarf - war hero
    Elf - mystic
    Halfling - rogue
    Human - tactician
    Orc - warrior

Eastern

Avian - cleric
    Elf - heretic
    Halfling - mystic
    Human - cleric
    Undead - war hero
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information