Thread: Question on sage scientist buff

Post Fiend

Question on sage scientist buff

For sages, does the increased effectiveness of scientists mean less are required to max out a field or that the field has a higher maximum output?

Higher max! Requiring the same number of sci to reach.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Thank you!

Needs to get out more
    Yeah. It's pretty cool. I'm a very passive attacker and only retal through the age (other than wave for war) but I was casting fairly easily against other attackers and rogues.

Anyways, I ran an undead sage and was well able to play as a full blown attacker and cast reliably on soft targets.

The reason I mention being a passive attacker is this: I could've just run abduction all age and hog scientists with impunity. I would've been much more effective at an earlier point in the age and grow to an intimidating level. The reason I don't is because I enjoy the challenge of playing with my own self inflicted struggles. I was even casting amnesia on other sages when appropriate.

With the new science system I was curious to see how it functioned. If it went poorly I would've still been a fairly effective attacker, being undead. Turned out to have tons of upside. Undead don't need food science so my distribution was potent. Undead don't lose much in troops on randoms so I could've run constant abduction. With my sage science defense enemies were reluctant to abduct back.

IMHO this combination can make a halfers life miserable if the halfer doesn't take care of business. I had the offense to break and the wpa to cast. To my way of thinking, the way to use amnesia is to limit the science base which in turn limits the number of scientist a province can move to defend themselves. Additionally, undead can be considered a disposable caster, so they can cast till disabled through propaganda/assassinate wizards but march like a heavy weight.

This was a facilitator build in that it opened the target to military and sabotage through restricting scientists movement. This makes the real t/ms job easier. I found my war capability to be worthwhile but my true strength was in hostile.

The reason I've detailed this is just to qualify octobrevs statement. Sage worked well for me last age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information