Thread: Age70: Professors will not accumulate experience past 72 h?

Age70: Professors will not accumulate experience past 72 h?

Hello, anyone knows, what's the meaning of this sentence, written in the Age 70 changes:

"Professors will not accumulate experience past 72 hours"

I don't understand it. :)

Regular
    Last age, once you reach professor, their "xp" or learning hours kept going. so you would need to cast a lot of amnesia to unlearn those hours. (to go back to graduate/novice)

This age, it's capped.

Post Fiend
    So to follow up on that Kitzz, do you have any clue as to how low a sage could take your sciences? Would a sage be able to take sciences from prof all the way down to Recruit? I tried searching the forums for this, but couldnt find an answer on that. How dangerous is Amnesia next age? I take it a sage cant target a certain science (like Greater Arson). If you got 100 profs though, are we talking about 10 hours lost per cast, or 1000 hours ?
    Much appreciated.
    NighT

Needs to get out more
    It's hard to say, as most victims aren't willing to share in their wreckage assessment. I'll offer this example for you to ponder(from another post in strategy):

For example, to put this in some context, I just cast 14 amnesia spells on a province for 51,934 days of forgotten science. It was a soft target that could've been an abduction target prior to my spell run.

^ This was my post referring to an amnesia run vs a human rogue. I was an undead sage at about 3.43 wpa with 17 professors in channelling. My friendly neighborhood avian tac did 2 massacres on this province prior to the ops damage. In the new system this run would have stronger legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Yeah but you're saying that 51943 / 14 = 3.7K hours per cast... That's like 10 casts and you've completely dropped 100 profs down to zero ?!
    And is it zero, or is to novice (50%)?

Regular
    so has anyoe tried to spam amnesia or know how many casts we are looking at to drop professors to novices?

one cast sets someone back average of 300 hours , those hours are spread randomly among the number of scientists someone has?

Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post
    so has anyoe tried to spam amnesia or know how many casts we are looking at to drop professors to novices?
    All I can tell you is that amnesia is OP...

Quote Originally Posted by ahtoad View Post
    one cast sets someone back average of 300 hours , those hours are spread randomly among the number of scientists someone has?
    Yes, those hours are randomly distributed, and also the total number of hours seems to be dependent on the number of hours available to amnesia. I'm not sure if you can actually amnesia them down to 0 hours of experience because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

There is an obvious solution to this. Roll sage, run 3+ wpa with maxed channel, never worry about amnesia being casted on you.

Unless they're an elf. But then you could probably double massacre them if they're a/M'ing that hard.

It's also possible they nerfed the damage on amnesia this age to balance it out - I'll experiment next war and post results, currently running 3 raw and nearly maxed channeling science.

Thread Information