Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Effects per scientist

Postaholic

Effects per scientist

So what do we think the benefits per scientist will be? With double the spawn rate, do we think that the number of professors required to cap each category will be the same or double, or something totally different? Trying to figure out how many scientists to switch to a category. Starting with 30. hard to know how many you can switch over.. if it is still 17 scientists per category to max I dont want to say put all 30 in a category.. But if it is double and takes say 34 professors to cap say housing, maybe I would put all 30 in it right away.

Anyone have any guesses, or @bishop you interested in enlightening us on # of professors required to cap each category?

I mean.. I could put 1 in every category and figure it out 6 hours after game starts.. but that seems like an unoptimal way to do it..

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:57.

Postaholic
    Hmm i highly doubt food sci would go from 17 to 34 scientists though. I think the benefit per scientist changed, and not necessarily proportional to the new cap.

My thoughts are maybe double scientist requirements compared to last age.

30 alch
    30 tools
    34 housing
    34 food
    34 military
    34 crime
    34 channeling

But stuff like food gets more benefit per scientist because % wise it got the biggest increase.

Post Demon
    well 6% on food or 6% on Magic or Thievery was no hard decission to make.

No one have a clue about effects until 6 hours after the age start, it is easy when you get novices the professor are dubble effect of them.

Looking forward to getting +5% BE +5% Pop and +5% ME once sci is maxed. Channeling would be decent too, but food is a little Meh because I'm UD this age.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

still wondering what is this statement means in the change log:

"Professors will not accumulate experience past 72 hour"

Regular
    last age your professors could 'store up' trained hours beyond the 72 hours. If someone amnesia'd you, it would remove hours from that huge amount and possibly not lower your ranks at all. Now amnesia is more effective because you wont have a cushion beyond 72.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Conclave View Post
    last age your professors could 'store up' trained hours beyond the 72 hours. If someone amnesia'd you, it would remove hours from that huge amount and possibly not lower your ranks at all. Now amnesia is more effective because you wont have a cushion beyond 72.
    Part of the reason I put 4 sages in my Virtual Kingdom. Strength of rogues was also a consideration. Plus 40% coolness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    althougth you did not see it the professor that got there year 1 and never was moved accumulated 16 weeks of experience and thus could not be amnesiaed to novice no matter how hard someone tried.

Atleast that is how I understand it, now that professor will only have 72 days of experience as opposite to over 2400 days, we may or may not be able to see this accumulated experience in the science page, last age this was not possible so only those using amnesia was really aware of this fact.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    My thoughts are maybe double scientist requirements compared to last age.

30 alch
    30 tools
    34 housing
    34 food
    34 military
    34 crime
    34 channeling
    What makes you think that?

From the changes: 'Caps on some science categories modified along with impact of professors etc.'. I understand it as the prof required isn't changed.

Postaholic
    if spawn rate doubled with revelation being +100% and labs being increased substantially.. It seems like everything double.. my thoughts are that the scientist requirements would double too

everyone will have capped sci by mid age this way i think, unless it is all doubled, with the chance increasing when you dont get scientists to moderate the bell curve of sci generation server wide.

Guess we will find out 6h after age starts.

if spawn rate doubled with revelation being +100%
    This is available to only 2 races...

Postaholic
    spawn rate being doubled is the major part here. Last age I maxxed out sci by end of age, and that was without the "increased rate for every tick i dont get one", so the doubling of the rate and increased starting scientists (by a lot) would naturally get me to max sci by mid age with the same scientist requirement.. I dont think that would be intended. That would be assuming no use of labs, revelation being 30% not 100%, and no abducts..

Yea i doubt the # of scientists remained the same. My guess would be all of them are doubled, but I'm 99% sure they are not going to be even close to what they were last age.

I think they chose to double everything, # required, spawn rate, etc in order to further lessen the curve, by introducing more scientists into the mix. As well as open up abducts to be available sooner (since everyone cried for first 2 weeks last age)

Last age I maxxed out sci by end of age
    And I finished with 75(1 novice) without losing any from abducts. And again reve is available to only 2 races which should be their advantage. Labs is unusable during war.

Veteran
    I expect the number of scientists needed to hit the cap will have risen as well. Increasing the cap, spawn rate and abduct gains but keeping the same number of scientists needed to reach this cap seems silly. I imagine it has been increased to better reward players who actively hunt out scientists.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

You'll need more scientists to cap.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information