Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Effects per scientist

25 for pop and military.

Veteran
    Confirmed? You've tested it?
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Postaholic
    I'll repost what I posted in the other thread first tick of age.. Should be all the info you need to know:

Caps are assuming non sage/mystic/rogue etc modifiers. though # of scientists will remain the same regardless of your race/pers.

Alchemy: Cap 30%, 1 prof=2% = 15 Profs to cap
    Tools: Cap 20%, 1 prof=1% = 20 Profs to cap
    Housing: Cap 15%, 1 prof=0.6% = 25 Profs to cap
    Food: Cap 200%, 1 prof=10% = 20 Profs to cap
    Military: Cap 15%, 1 prof=0.6%= 25 Profs to cap
    Crime: Cap 100%, 1 prof=5% = 20 Profs to cap
    Channeling: Cap 125%, 1 prof=6% = 21 Profs to cap

Total profs required to hit caps = 146

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    I'll repost what I posted in the other thread first tick of age.. Should be all the info you need to know:

Caps are assuming non sage/mystic/rogue etc modifiers. though # of scientists will remain the same regardless of your race/pers.

Alchemy: Cap 30%, 1 prof=2% = 15 Profs to cap
    Tools: Cap 20%, 1 prof=1% = 20 Profs to cap
    Housing: Cap 15%, 1 prof=0.6% = 25 Profs to cap
    Food: Cap 200%, 1 prof=10% = 20 Profs to cap
    Military: Cap 15%, 1 prof=0.6%= 25 Profs to cap
    Crime: Cap 100%, 1 prof=5% = 20 Profs to cap
    Channeling: Cap 125%, 1 prof=6% = 21 Profs to cap

Total profs required to hit caps = 146
    Awesome! Thanks man

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Which honestly makes it too easy to cap
    As someone else said...most will hit the cap mid age....and someone focusing hard on it can probably do so in a week or 2 from now (with some intensive abduct work ).

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Warkrazz View Post
    Which honestly makes it too easy to cap
    As someone else said...most will hit the cap mid age....and someone focusing hard on it can probably do so in a week or 2 from now (with some intensive abduct work ).
    i know people already in the 80-90 range theyll cap it next week easy.............

Regular
    Science is a joke anymore. Takes no skill to amass, and if everyone caps mid age, its essentially a level field.

Sci used to be the main distinction between good players and elite players. These stupid changes take away an entire element of strategy that was a big part of the game for me.

I remember books,but not to well to discuss it ...but about new sci,i like it up to a point where there is just too many scientists in all provs,which means all that had some labs or did some abductions will be maxed fast...
    it needs some buffer to balance it,like chance of scientist to die (either on abduction,or by plague ,or by hit from enemy,or by thievery op ''assasinate scientist'') any way to leave game space to reduce that numbers...
    It is a fun idea to make provs attack more for sci ,and to make all age about that (among some other things) but then sci's needs to be luxury goods(not like last age when i had almost no spawn of them,but some balance)...

So with Orcs having -10% sci effectiveness, does they mean they have reduced science caps or that they need more scientists to reach the cap?

Sorry if I missed this on a previous page or another thread.

reduced caps, less effective scientists.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    reduced caps, less effective scientists.
    I was just about to respond lol, I just remembered Sages get OVER the cap so of course the opposite would be true for Orcs. Thanks for the response :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna06 View Post
    Science is a joke anymore. Takes no skill to amass, and if everyone caps mid age, its essentially a level field.

Sci used to be the main distinction between good players and elite players. These stupid changes take away an entire element of strategy that was a big part of the game for me.
    I think the idea is that it is hard to find good players (that are good at pumping sci), so it is leveling the playing field for the majority to keep the game alive.
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Enthusiast
    I reckon its just a fun thing that the devs thought up ... i miss books but surely after a few Ages i would miss Scientists as they would have become sentimental...
    Live long and prosper

Veteran
    I think the idea is to discourage pumping. That has been a broad trend for a very long time - I don't think it's just keeping the game alive.

I think the concept works. The rates can be adjusted. There is still scope for better players to have better science.

Veteran
    The concept works great. The rates probably need to be adjusted, sure. It makes sense that it would take some time and tinkering to get it right. Last age it was far too slow, this age it seems to have swung in the other direction. I'm not complaining much cos I'm sage this age, but I am sure next age it will be somewhere in the middle, with #scientists needed to cap sci probably raised a bit as well.

Books were removed because they rewarded the top guys too much. The top KDs would CF everyone at the top, grow out of range of smaller guys, and sit on tiny draft with massive income on whatever the top sci rate was. They would get up to thousands of bpa by virtue of being able to learn in peace with little risk. Lower KDs, or warring KDs, could never match that, so it was never a contest. This idea is supposed to reward everyone equally, whether warring, growing or just static. I agree that there needs to be a readjustment to better reward better, more active players though.

My Raging Clue

Thread Information