Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I made a Chrome plugin

Veteran
    I would also like to see (a) peasants per acre and (b) total population per acre on the throne page too (I guess you will have to do it without thieves and mages on enemy SoT: that's still useful as we can guess tpa/wpa values - although if there is a way of it including thieves if an Infiltrate is taken that would be cool). I appreciate some people may not want to see this so perhaps an option to choose which values to display (including re spa/opsa/ dpsa/epa etc).

chadde,

An idea for ya, would be nice to see honor under the sidebar province as thats something I think a lot of TMs like to check before and after a wave of ops.

Post Fiend
    ppa, ospa, dspa, epa added to throne page. Province honor added to sidebar.

I'll try to get to the other suggestions in the next few days.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Through it into the useful links sticky thread. Thanks for the content :)
    Cheers mate! Happy to contribute :)

Veteran
    Hi Chaddie,
    I took a SoT today (unless I mis-remembered and it could have been SoM?) and then got a message saying something along the lines of 'their defense is x% of my offence, click here to attack them'. So I clicked and then the militar page was slightly different as their defence was pre-populated and the off I needed to break was pre-populated.

I assume that is your add-on rather than the game having changed? I like it.

But the odd thing is, it only happened that one time and I have taken various other SoTs... any ideas why?

Separately, before I came across that feature I was going to ask if you could do something to make the military attack page more user friendly. Angel made it quite quick to find the optimal troop numbers, as you could press the up/down arrows. In utopia, I have to manually type then click out of the box for the off to update, then type a new figure, click out, etc repeated multiple times to get the offence to the level I was. It might be tricky for you, but if there was a way for the add on to pre-suggest something perhaps next to the boxes similar to the build page. I have in mind something where it calcs based on the number of generals I have typed in the box (default 1 as per the game), then assumes max war horses (capped at either what I have at home or maxed by 1 per troop I will send) and tells me how many off specs to send and then, if I don't have enough off specs, how many off specs + elites. You might think of a better way of doing this. Ideally it would also take account of what I writ in the mercs box - ie default 0 but if i type 200 then recalculate offence based on that (but keeping in mind maxes permitted based on number of troops. So if i type 200,000 mercs i should do something to tell me I can't send 200,000 mercs.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Hi Chaddie,
    I took a SoT today (unless I mis-remembered and it could have been SoM?) and then got a message saying something along the lines of 'their defense is x% of my offence, click here to attack them'. So I clicked and then the militar page was slightly different as their defence was pre-populated and the off I needed to break was pre-populated.

I assume that is your add-on rather than the game having changed? I like it.

But the odd thing is, it only happened that one time and I have taken various other SoTs... any ideas why?

Separately, before I came across that feature I was going to ask if you could do something to make the military attack page more user friendly. Angel made it quite quick to find the optimal troop numbers, as you could press the up/down arrows. In utopia, I have to manually type then click out of the box for the off to update, then type a new figure, click out, etc repeated multiple times to get the offence to the level I was. It might be tricky for you, but if there was a way for the add on to pre-suggest something perhaps next to the boxes similar to the build page. I have in mind something where it calcs based on the number of generals I have typed in the box (default 1 as per the game), then assumes max war horses (capped at either what I have at home or maxed by 1 per troop I will send) and tells me how many off specs to send and then, if I don't have enough off specs, how many off specs + elites. You might think of a better way of doing this. Ideally it would also take account of what I writ in the mercs box - ie default 0 but if i type 200 then recalculate offence based on that (but keeping in mind maxes permitted based on number of troops. So if i type 200,000 mercs i should do something to tell me I can't send 200,000 mercs.
    It must have been a SoM. There's currently no parser for SoTs, but I will get to that shortly. I also agree that the attack page needs work, I'm going to look into doing some modifications to it and suggest what troops to send based on the targets defense. Thank you for all the feedback!

Post Fiend
    Version 2.1.9 just released. Reworked parsing logic, especially the quick bar should load a lot faster now.

The loading bar is a lot faster indeed. Thank you. One small thing I propose to be changed is the color scheme of the little dots on the Kingdom page. Currently it has 80-90% NW as red, 90-110% as yellow, and 111-120% as green. I think it would make more sense to flip the yellow and green ranges so 90-110% is green, then 111-120% is yellow.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiliest View Post
    The loading bar is a lot faster indeed. Thank you. One small thing I propose to be changed is the color scheme of the little dots on the Kingdom page. Currently it has 80-90% NW as red, 90-110% as yellow, and 111-120% as green. I think it would make more sense to flip the yellow and green ranges so 90-110% is green, then 111-120% is yellow.
    ok, I thought 120% was max gains? So shouldn't green then be maybe 115-125?

The thresholds at the moment are:
    126-130 = yellow
    110-125 = green
    90-109 = yellow
    80-89 = red

Would be great with a second opinion on this one.

Hey Chadde, this looks pretty great. Is the code available somewhere? I'd love to port this to Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by chadde View Post
    ok, I thought 120% was max gains? So shouldn't green then be maybe 115-125?

The thresholds at the moment are:
    126-130 = yellow
    110-125 = green
    90-109 = yellow
    80-89 = red

Would be great with a second opinion on this one.
    The range where you receive any type of decent gains out of war is 80-120%. 80-89% is the range in which you receive the worst gains penalties (red), 90-110% is the range you receive no gains penalties (green), and 111-120% is where you receive a lesser gains penalty than the 80-89% range (yellow). The overall range is increased to 70-130% in war.

Here is a link to the gains formula in the wiki if you need further reassurance:

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...g#Attack_Gains

Post Fiend
    Thanks Wiliest! I have updated the ranges now.

Veteran
    Thanks Chaddie. Yes it does seem to be picking it up on every SoM - I think I just hadn't taken a SoM before I posted originally or didn't notice it to begin with.

Thanks

Veteran
    Is there any chance of allowing decimals in the build page? I could live with 1 decimal place ;) Not the end of the world if that is a pain to code.. I'm assuming it's easy though.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Agreed on speed of improvement.

Another useful thing on the side bar would be time remaining for your army to come home (and how many acres they are bringing). Broken down by separate armies.
    This has been implemented. Hover over the army to see captured land, troops sent etc.

Thread Information