Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I made a Chrome plugin

Quote Originally Posted by chadde View Post
    Hi Heater,

I think I found a way of implementing what you needed. UE now has a sidebar that carries around information on your province, your kingdom and, in times of war, the enemy kingdom. So no matter what page you're on, you can always see that basic information. The sidebar can also be hidden if you find it too obtrusive.

This is great! Just saw it pop up and came here to thank you. Collapsing is good for those that dont care to use it. I noticed you added an options to the extension page, which is also great for those wanting to toggle optoins on/off etc.

I havent yet played with some of these options yet, but I like this so much I disabled my uTools I was using since yours provides most of those features and more now.

One thing Id like to request though, is I like how you added the Council links in the sidebar, but it might be more efficient to use a small icon next to the existing sidebar links. For example. Growth would have an icon next to it that linked to buildings/internal, throne would link to state, etc etc. This is what uTools did and it didnt clutter the sidebar as much.

Thanks and great job so far! Looking forward to more features.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    This is great! Just saw it pop up and came here to thank you. Collapsing is good for those that dont care to use it. I noticed you added an options to the extension page, which is also great for those wanting to toggle optoins on/off etc.

I havent yet played with some of these options yet, but I like this so much I disabled my uTools I was using since yours provides most of those features and more now.

One thing Id like to request though, is I like how you added the Council links in the sidebar, but it might be more efficient to use a small icon next to the existing sidebar links. For example. Growth would have an icon next to it that linked to buildings/internal, throne would link to state, etc etc. This is what uTools did and it didnt clutter the sidebar as much.

Thanks and great job so far! Looking forward to more features.
    That's a great idea. I didn't like how the sidebar turned out but I couldn't figure out a better way to do it. I'll play around with it tomorrow and try using icons instead. Thanks!

Veteran
    Hi Chaddie,

Re science, nothing seems to have changed since yesterday (but I do have the new KD side bar so I guess i have the latest version).

Below is what your extension is showing.

I dont know how to explain in code terms, but as far as I see all that is wrong is where you say the sci maxes, eg 30% for income. If my understanding of what sage does is right, then for sage, it will be higher. I imagine that the code for this is or could be independent of the rest of the science page as it doesn't need to know anything else on the page to calculate the maxes. So i would think you just change your max formula to cover if sage then max = normal max *1.4. And then replicate this on orc / other personalities that have different science.

Re Heater's idea - I second that. It would be great if the normal menu buttons could stay in the same place as normal utopia. eg for spells could self/enemy next to each other in the same row? for those addicted to utopia, clicking the menu pages is automatic and i kept pressing the wrong one because they had moved around (so i turned it off). If they stay in the same place but with additional buttons next to related buttons, i think that would be more intuitive.

Current Effects of Science
    Science Type Scientists Max Effect
    Alchemy 15 15 +21.0% Income (30% max)
    Tools 6 20 +4.2% Building Effectiveness (20% max)
    Housing 19 25 +6.7% Population Limits (15% max)
    Food 2 20 +14.0% Food Production (200% max)
    Military 3 25 +1.3% Military Efficiency (15% max)
    Crime 2 20 +7.0% Thievery Effectiveness (100% max)
    Channeling 2 21 +8.4% Magic Effectiveness & Wizard Production (125% max)
    Total 49 146

Veteran
    fyi my understanding of sage bonus is now confirmed - see bishop here (re orc, but it's the same point): http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...cientist/page3

Veteran
    Is it possible to include army that is away in the "total" on the military training page? If so I think that would be useful.
    Last edited by Chris121; 22-12-2016 at 16:25. Reason: clarification

chadde,

another useful feature uTools had, was that it displayed active spells on the bottom of throne page, and also on the side menu under preferences.

I think since you have that nice sidebar with province and kingdom details, that would be the perfect spot to show which spells you have active, and the duration remaining, it helps when trying to figure out what spells you need to recast without going to mystic council first, and as a TM, its easy to forget what you need to recast.

Veteran
    ^ that would be great. You could build on that by having an option for you to select the self spells you want to keep cast 24/7, so that it can more easily show when one you want on is not on.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    fyi my understanding of sage bonus is now confirmed - see bishop here (re orc, but it's the same point): http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...cientist/page3
    There was a bug! The calculations were triggered before race and personality had been read. It should be fixed now.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by heater View Post
    chadde,

another useful feature uTools had, was that it displayed active spells on the bottom of throne page, and also on the side menu under preferences.

I think since you have that nice sidebar with province and kingdom details, that would be the perfect spot to show which spells you have active, and the duration remaining, it helps when trying to figure out what spells you need to recast without going to mystic council first, and as a TM, its easy to forget what you need to recast.
    Great idea. It's been added to the sidebar. I also split the sidebar into two tabs (province and kingdom) to make sure it fits if you have a lot of active spells.

Quote Originally Posted by chadde View Post
    Great idea. It's been added to the sidebar. I also split the sidebar into two tabs (province and kingdom) to make sure it fits if you have a lot of active spells.
    damn, you are the man! If I think of any more ideas I will be sure to let you know

Veteran
    Yes - it looks right now. Thanks.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Yes - it looks right now. Thanks.
    Awesome. And the total army count and desired spells are on my list.

I just want to say I am very impressed with the speed of improvement of this app over the course of this age. Chadde, you are amazing! One little thing I would love to be added would be the addition of ppa,spa,ospa,dspa,epa to the throne page the same way you have incorporated tpa/wpa and opa and dpa. Keep up the great work, I love this extension!
    Last edited by Wiliest; 23-12-2016 at 19:40. Reason: forgot to add ppa to the list

Veteran
    Agreed on speed of improvement.

Another useful thing on the side bar would be time remaining for your army to come home (and how many acres they are bringing). Broken down by separate armies.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Through it into the useful links sticky thread. Thanks for the content :)

Thread Information