Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I made a Chrome plugin

Scribe
    the train max button does not work when running UE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    the train max button does not work when running UE
    Thank you. Version 2.5.1 contains a fix for that.

It also has updated science caps and race/pers bonuses for the new age.
    Unfortunately I had to remove the max scientist calculations since as far as I know the new maximums have not been released. The final changes just say approximately 50.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by chadde View Post

It also has updated science caps and race/pers bonuses for the new age.
    Unfortunately I had to remove the max scientist calculations since as far as I know the new maximums have not been released. The final changes just say approximately 50.
    Thank you :)

Hello chadde,

It is awesome to see that you are maintaining and improving Utopia Enhancer. In reading the posts in this Thread, I have noticed that you have been quick to fix bugs and receptive to suggestions from users. I don't mean to add to your workload but in thinking about features that would make this tool even more useful, I was wondering if you would be interested in adding an Ambush Calculator to the sidebar.

Ideally it would autofill (unit numbers and target info) from an SoM and base calculations from the same source that the current Age's Race/Personality values are stored. A manual option like Choking's Ambush Calculator (snappshot.nl/ambush/) would work as well / in addition to the ideal (toggle auto/manual). If possible, it could be collapsible to save space when not in use.

*A target who has made multiple attacks may prove an issue unless the user could select which attack they would like to calculate for their Ambush.

For reference: (wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Guide:Ambush)
    Menu structure reference: (dillinger.io/)

Thank you again. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by an|on; 24-03-2017 at 01:05.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by an|on View Post
    Hello chadde,

It is awesome to see that you are maintaining and improving Utopia Enhancer. In reading the posts in this Thread, I have noticed that you have been quick to fix bugs and receptive to suggestions from users. I don't mean to add to your workload but in thinking about features that would make this tool even more useful, I was wondering if you would be interested in adding an Ambush Calculator to the sidebar.

Ideally it would autofill (unit numbers and target info) from an SoM and base calculations from the same source that the current Age's Race/Personality values are stored. A manual option like Choking's Ambush Calculator (snappshot.nl/ambush/) would work as well / in addition to the ideal (toggle auto/manual). If possible, it could be collapsible to save space when not in use.

*A target who has made multiple attacks may prove an issue unless the user could select which attack they would like to calculate for their Ambush.

For reference: (wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Guide:Ambush)
    Menu structure reference: (dillinger.io/)

Thank you again. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.
    I have been considering adding an ambush calculator for a while now. I think it could be a useful feature. The thing stopping me is I'm not quite sure how to integrate it into the SoM. I guess choosing what army to ambush could work. Otherwise the enhancer would have to keep track of what army you have already bushed. It would also need to know which of the returning armies have attacked you and which have attacked someone else. That sounds too complicated, so it would have to be a manual choice probably.

I'll try to get to it soon, a bit swamped at work atm!

In other news, the latest version released today has conquest calculation. That's a start :)

All good, real life always takes precedence. Thanks for getting back with me and glad to hear that an Ambush Calculator is something you've already considered implementing. The work you have put into developing this tool thus far really is appreciated. Also, very cool that you've added conquest calculation.

Autofilling unit numbers and target race/personality values from an SoM would be an amazing feature but the manual approach does get the job done as well lol. Unless you plan at some point to implement local intel data storage / intel sync with uMunk/Stinger/UpoOpu to accomplish what you have in mind, the simpler approach of enabling users to select which attack they'd like to Ambush from an SoM would work for the time being.

Whether auto, manual, or both, not having to leave the site to perform the calculations in a spreadsheet or dedicated site (snappshot.nl/ambush/) would really leverage the utility of the sidebar. If what you have created so far is any indication of what you choose to do in the end, I am fully confident that your Ambush Calculator solution will be elegant and functional.

Post Fiend
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Utopia Seraphim doesn't work when this plugin is installed.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Utopia Seraphim doesn't work when this plugin is installed.
    No that's the first I hear of it. I use it for war reports, that seems to work. What pages are you having problems formatting?

Post Fiend
    Ok, tried installing it again, disabled Seraphim but my building calculator isn't working, I thought it was a conflict but as I said I disabled Seraphim.

I can't upload a screen shot unfortunately but I only have 1 row of boxes under percent, looks nothing like the screen shot in https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...emmdnfdijceabl

No that's the first I hear of it. I use it for war reports, that seems to work. What pages are you having problems formatting?
    I'm not referring to website, I mean the download calculator tool.
    Last edited by Wolfric; 03-04-2017 at 13:22.

Post Fiend
    chadde, here's a screen shot of what my building calc looked like, hope this helps.

Post Fiend
    chadde, here's a screen shot of what my building calc looked like, hope this helps.

Thank you! I think I figured it out. Can you please try version 2.5.7 (should be published shortly) and let me know if it works?
    Last edited by chadde; 04-04-2017 at 00:16.

Post Fiend
    Looks good, thanks, also seraphim works now too, so please don't change that, keep up the good work.

Post Fiend
    chadde, everything's working fine so far, but just wondering if there was anyway we could keep track of stats ie spells/armies via the plugin while logged out of game? Maybe a drop menu via the plugin that still keeps track of spells/armies?

I know I might be asking for too much, no worries if it's to much of a headache.

Post Fiend
    chadde, everything's working fine so far, but just wondering if there was anyway we could keep track of stats ie spells/armies via the plugin while logged out of game? Maybe a drop menu via the plugin that still keeps track of spells/armies?

I know I might be asking for too much, no worries if it's to much of a headache.
    Not a bad idea.. are you thinking like using chrome notifications or a more offline thing for when you're not at a computer at all?

Just remember automated response arent allowed. So any notification you have to click for either way.

Thread Information