Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Podcast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Utopia Podcast

Utopia Podcast

G’day Utopia, my name is Benjamin.

For those who know of me, I salute you for putting up with my bull**** for so long, for those who don’t, too bad. As for Utopia, let’s do a quick, and probably wrong, recap of Utopian news.

Chapter One ~ The Temple
    A long time ago, on a site far away, existed another forum where people discussed Utopia. It is a place we cannot speak of, however it had a huge impact on Utopia as we know today. In that forum I created a thread called “Alliance Leader Interviews” In that thread I interviewed many old school alliance leaders and posted the interviews to the thread.

After a short period of time, and many views on the thread, I got a message from a Utopian who you might have heard of, Piro. We quickly decided we would both interview alliance leaders and post to the thread. Many interviews into the piece I deployed overseas with the Army and Piro took over completely, as I was away.

Upon my return from overseas, Piro had then gone on to create another site that listed alliances by rank, we again will not mention them. That site was pretty fun also and I quickly started to report for them. A while after this I again went overseas and I am not completely sure of the other garbage. What I am sure of is another site then took over the utimes news for a period.

Chapter Two ~ Utopia Podcast

Fast forward to the current Utopia, let’s be honest…. It is struggling. I think a weekly, or a bi-weekly, podcast might breathe some fresh air into our game. I would then create weekly segments, invite players to skype conversations, record it and, with the permissions of the devs/Bishop, upload it to youtube. 100% of ad revenue would then be given back to the game for promotion and growth purposes. We would then possibly click ads more but 100% will go back into the game.

In the podcast we would cover:

1: Current Utopian news (let’s bring this **** back, would welcome reporters for segments)
    2: Interviews with Utopians, recorded on skype
    • All players, from all kingdoms included
    • Leader interviews, Player interviews (maybe one of each a week)
    • Strategy section (featuring a top leader strat major/minor)
    • Gossip Girl (whatever she was called, I invite her/him again anonymously)
    • Quick Recruitment ads (a quick formatted place possibly?)
    • Dev updates?
    • Krozairs Krakups (he is out cartoon guy, weekly jokes)
    • Random Utopian stories/irc quotes
    • Utopian History Chronicle – Old Stories from utopians about random utopia events.
    • KD History

The bottom line is that this a very new idea, and I am interested and committed to doing it at minimum of bi-weekly if we are able. I am open to inviting, non-biased reporters, to conduct interviews. I am willing to create and edit (with help maybe). I want 100% of all add revenue to go back into the game.

I need to make this very obvious from the beginning, I will accept whatever terms The devs deem reasonable. All profits will go back into the game and if they agree, the Devs will take control of the youtube account. I will act as a host and will invite Utopians on to talk. I will encourage debates, I will encourage growth and I will promote the game.

I am 100% committed to an open vote as to who hosts the podcast commencing season two. I am thinking that three regular hosts each week with guests and segments. At the end of season one, people will submit their names if they are willing to host/ co host and we will go from there. I will totally agree to hand over all rights and reserves to the developers and act only to promote the game, free of charge.

I have created a youtube account for everyone to subscribe to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCib...JJm1-nZgGEFzUQ

In the following days I will request fan art to use on the youtube channel. I am unsure how long each episode will go for, it will depends on the line up.

Please let me know of ideas, if this a good idea and what to talk about.

Benjamin
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Sounds great to me. I would say for me, shorter and weekly would be better.

Embracing new media is always important.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    interesting for sure ;)

Great idea Benjamin!

Me and most of my kingdom got back to the game a couple of eras ago and are a little disconnected from what is happening with utopia, top players, other kingdoms, etc.

It would be great to hear from other players stories, strategies, etc.

Sounds fun.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Needs to get out more
    I didn't read it all, but I like what I blobbed/eyeballed*.

Motivation is fleeting, so while you're standing turn on the fan, play some Wagner or Dead Kennedy's and do a Captain Destiny impression.

* eyeballing is the essence of my strategic manifesto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

lol a epic idea!
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Postaholic
    First story should be about me and how i see Utopia and how it came to be, that must be a very interesting story for sure, i got all the dirt !

Post Demon
    love the idea

*subscribes*

Enthusiast
    good idea. +1 !
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

I like the idea.

LL King Ben!
    LL lowriders

You don't need my approval, what you do on YouTube is up to you and any money you make is yours to do with as you please. If I can help in any way let me know. Great idea.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Ok I'll look into it, unfortunately it's near Xmas and I have kids so I'll put some thought into and and make an announcement in the coming days

So a quick update:

The 'show' will be called:

Triggered
    Utopias Community Podcast

-I will call it a show for now (also) as I am not real sure of the direction of the channel yet. It will have a podcast but I am still looking to nail down the specifics.

-I will have some channel art up on the channel in the coming days.

-Episode 1 is still to be confirmed but will involve talking with munk about various things.

-I tell you now, I will send a copy of my questions to munk in advance, as I will all people I talk to. I will do this, not because I am showing favour but, to ensure that people have enough time to think of good answers and to ease the stress of random questions.

- In saying that, I am thinking of introducing a set of 3 random questions to each person at the end of each interview to keep them on their toes. Nothing crazy, but maybe ruffle a few feathers.

-If it gets a few views, I will look to put ads in at a later date and organise somehow with Bishop to perhaps use any money gained for advertising for the game? (I haven't spoken to Bishop about if this is even possible yet).

- I am thinking of organising perhaps a bi-weekly podcast with several Utopians, I think bi-weekly would be ok to begin with.

- Between the podcast, perhaps as BoH suggested, smaller videos. Such as news, BIO's of players, random invites to skype calls with players etc.

- I am happy to work with anyone that is interested in helping me out, shoot me a PM on irc or here if you are keen.

For now, standby as I will work the details out in the coming week. I think this might be a breathe of fresh air into our little community and with a little support we could make it pretty fun.

I will do my best to be unbiased however there will be times when I cannot help it. I am Australian, I love drinking beer and to be honest Im' a bit of a loud mouth clown. In recent years I have tried to chill but I have played on and off since age three so there are bound to be old wounds at times.

I am 100% open to ideas posted on this thread, I will check it regularly between looking after my ghetto.

Lowriders for Life

If anyone is interested in getting in contact with Triggered, send an email to:

UtopiaGamePodcast@gmail.com

We are interested in the following:

1: Possible Bio and interview options, voice for now.
    2: Art design. If you are interested in creating any media design, shoot me an email

I have started an IRC channel if anyone is interested in submitting anything #Triggered on the utonet

Cheers
    Ben
    Last edited by DM_Benjamin; 18-12-2016 at 06:21.

Thread Information