Utopia Podcast

G’day Utopia, my name is Benjamin.

For those who know of me, I salute you for putting up with my bull**** for so long, for those who don’t, too bad. As for Utopia, let’s do a quick, and probably wrong, recap of Utopian news.

Chapter One ~ The Temple
A long time ago, on a site far away, existed another forum where people discussed Utopia. It is a place we cannot speak of, however it had a huge impact on Utopia as we know today. In that forum I created a thread called “Alliance Leader Interviews” In that thread I interviewed many old school alliance leaders and posted the interviews to the thread.

After a short period of time, and many views on the thread, I got a message from a Utopian who you might have heard of, Piro. We quickly decided we would both interview alliance leaders and post to the thread. Many interviews into the piece I deployed overseas with the Army and Piro took over completely, as I was away.

Upon my return from overseas, Piro had then gone on to create another site that listed alliances by rank, we again will not mention them. That site was pretty fun also and I quickly started to report for them. A while after this I again went overseas and I am not completely sure of the other garbage. What I am sure of is another site then took over the utimes news for a period.

Chapter Two ~ Utopia Podcast

Fast forward to the current Utopia, let’s be honest…. It is struggling. I think a weekly, or a bi-weekly, podcast might breathe some fresh air into our game. I would then create weekly segments, invite players to skype conversations, record it and, with the permissions of the devs/Bishop, upload it to youtube. 100% of ad revenue would then be given back to the game for promotion and growth purposes. We would then possibly click ads more but 100% will go back into the game.

In the podcast we would cover:

1: Current Utopian news (let’s bring this **** back, would welcome reporters for segments)
2: Interviews with Utopians, recorded on skype
• All players, from all kingdoms included
• Leader interviews, Player interviews (maybe one of each a week)
• Strategy section (featuring a top leader strat major/minor)
• Gossip Girl (whatever she was called, I invite her/him again anonymously)
• Quick Recruitment ads (a quick formatted place possibly?)
• Dev updates?
• Krozairs Krakups (he is out cartoon guy, weekly jokes)
• Random Utopian stories/irc quotes
• Utopian History Chronicle – Old Stories from utopians about random utopia events.
• KD History

The bottom line is that this a very new idea, and I am interested and committed to doing it at minimum of bi-weekly if we are able. I am open to inviting, non-biased reporters, to conduct interviews. I am willing to create and edit (with help maybe). I want 100% of all add revenue to go back into the game.

I need to make this very obvious from the beginning, I will accept whatever terms The devs deem reasonable. All profits will go back into the game and if they agree, the Devs will take control of the youtube account. I will act as a host and will invite Utopians on to talk. I will encourage debates, I will encourage growth and I will promote the game.

I am 100% committed to an open vote as to who hosts the podcast commencing season two. I am thinking that three regular hosts each week with guests and segments. At the end of season one, people will submit their names if they are willing to host/ co host and we will go from there. I will totally agree to hand over all rights and reserves to the developers and act only to promote the game, free of charge.

I have created a youtube account for everyone to subscribe to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCib...JJm1-nZgGEFzUQ

In the following days I will request fan art to use on the youtube channel. I am unsure how long each episode will go for, it will depends on the line up.

Please let me know of ideas, if this a good idea and what to talk about.

Benjamin