Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Podcast

Postaholic
    It'll be fine, and this is your project. Maybe switch to editing for awhile till you have an interview that inspires you?

It's amazing how people will complain and ***** about free content put together with great care and effort by volunteers and community minded people.

Now let me take this opportunity to hypocritically complain about the moderating on this free internet forum. Quite frankly it's atrocious. You tolerate threads that are dozens of pages long full of people insulting each other and fighting, it's not a surprise when that behavior escalates and now we have a toxic community where nobody can stick their head above ground without getting a barrage of criticism. If there is a way back it starts with getting the trash out of the forums that you control and creating an environment which is inclusive and supporting of new members.

One of the goals of this podcast was to improve the community and get people excited about the game again, and now we see that it's tough to do externally.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    We play a stressful game against other people. People get angry. People hold grudges. People don't like certain people. I can't just wave a magic wand and have everyone get along and support one another.

I try my best to let people express themselves while maintaining some civility. I try my best to warn people when I feel things are getting out of hand. Only when people have continued to disregard my warnings or someone posts something that obviously warrants no warnings will I resort to bans. We tried having Nazi mods who ruled with an iron fist and the forums basically died. I know it was too long that most people don't remember, but I do, and I'm very happy with the continued activity that the forums have had despite the decline in player base.

If my efforts aren't appreciated, you're more than welcomed to voice your complaints or ideas to improve upon the forum rules, report posts that you think need actioned, or in absolute desperation you can try to convince either Bishop, Jeff, or Dave to tell me to hit the road.

On a final note, have a swirvey day!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    I'm not real sure if I plan on continuing Triggered. If anyone is interested in taking it over let me know.

The negativity in this community is astounding. Shoot me a PM if anyone is keen, otherwise I will edit the shows I have recorded and push them out over the next week.
    Don't let a little negativity get to you. Just use it to make yourself better. At the end of the day, when you become better, you're the only one that benefits from it.
    Pulse (Leadership) -> BiO (Leader) -> BeastBlood -> FREEAKSTYLE -> BeastBlood

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    Don't let a little negativity get to you. Just use it to make yourself better. At the end of the day, when you become better, you're the only one that benefits from it.
    Your episode is coming out soon! In the next week it should be live, it was heaps of fun chatting with you Baka. You definitely changed my point of view on you mate, within the first few minutes. Stay tuned.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Postaholic
    Your episode is coming out soon! In the next week it should be live, it was heaps of fun chatting with you Baka. You definitely changed my point of view on you mate, within the first few minutes. Stay tuned.
    Haha cheers mate... it was definitely fun chatting with you.
    Pulse (Leadership) -> BiO (Leader) -> BeastBlood -> FREEAKSTYLE -> BeastBlood

What about adding a birthday announcement section? Like today I would like to wish Elit a very happy birthday.

Keep up the great work Ben.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    What about adding a birthday announcement section? Like today I would like to wish Elit a very happy birthday.

Keep up the great work Ben.
    Thanks for remember it :)
    So far i disabled notifications in my FB. I dont like fake greetings but you are sincery one ;)
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    So far i disabled notifications in my FB. I dont like fake greetings but you are sincery one ;)
    Happy birthday Elit!

Also BoH we will talk soon sweetie
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I'll never forget your birthday so long as I live lol. I turned off showing my birthday on social media a decade ago, I was never a fan of fake greetings. I'll only have one friend remember and that's fine by me! I really do hope yours is wonderful. <3

Happy birthday Elit!

Also BoH we will talk soon sweetie
    Sounds ominous

I'm not real sure if I plan on continuing Triggered. If anyone is interested in taking it over let me know.

The negativity in this community is astounding. Shoot me a PM if anyone is keen, otherwise I will edit the shows I have recorded and push them out over the next week.
    If I were you, I wouldn't care about the few trolls spewing their negative crap.
    I for one enjoyed reading those interviews and the podcasts I've listened were fun to listen to (haven't listened the latest ones yet), keep it up.

Negative criticism will always be around you should be aware of this Ben and shouldn't come as a surprise either. Just focus on. The majority of positivity

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I'll never forget your birthday so long as I live lol. I turned off showing my birthday on social media a decade ago, I was never a fan of fake greetings. I'll only have one friend remember and that's fine by me! I really do hope yours is wonderful. <3
    I guess we both have Birthday today...So i wish you good healt and be happy!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

I guess we both have Birthday today...So i wish you good healt and be happy!
    Thanks twin!

Thread Information