Thread: Watch Towers & Clear Sight

Watch Towers & Clear Sight

How does that exactly work?

Example :
    20% chance of preventing enemy thief missions(from WT's) + CS.

Ty

Veteran
    Multiplicative chance to autocatch thievery ops.

Postaholic
    Auto Catch is completely seperate from standard success (offensive modified TPA vs Defensive modified TPA)
    meaning the game (likely) rolls 2 probability dice one for standard success and one for auto fail. If either of those rolls says that the op isn't successful, then it isn't, meaning that the op has to be successful in both the auto catch, and then also in the tpa vs tpa battle (which has a sliding scale success rate based on how much mTPA you have more than the opponent, this success rate changes based on op difficulty too).

Clear Sight is 25% chance to auto catch thieves, and watch towers as you know can fluctuate based on % built as well as Building efficiency.
    For an example, lets assume your Watchtowers give you a 20% auto-catch chance. So you would start with your Clear Sight giving a 75% chance the op gets through, then you multiply the 20% watchtowers to the 75% chance, giving you now a 40% auto-fail (or 60% chance the op goes through). Once the op passes that test it then competes your tpa vs opponent tpa (different ops have different difficulty ratings) and gives a success chance, lets assume 75% success chance based on your tpa vs their tpa (meaning if there was no WT or CS on opponents prov, your tpa battle would yield a 75% success rate). So now, assuming your op met the auto fail 60% success rate, it now multiplies against the 75% success rate in the tpa battle, giving you a 45% success rate overall for that op.

Auto-fail is a cruel mistress, which is why so many kingoms MV off CS from provs that have it and burn down watchtowers to 5% or less on any target they are thinking of opping heavily.
    Last edited by jmiedema; 21-12-2016 at 00:01.

Long story short:

The game rolls for auto catch first. That's why you mv it first then op.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    Long story short:

The game rolls for auto catch first. That's why you mv it first then op.
    "Why don't you explain this to me like I'm five?"

Last edited by Proceed; 21-12-2016 at 10:46. Reason: Link ain't working

Quote Originally Posted by Proceed View Post

In terms of math understanding. Most utopians are at the level of a bright 14 year old.

They can do multiplication and division . They struggle on operational order and logic.

True story.

The concept that BIDMAS exists and that you should mv the clear sight then do an op run as opposed to is beyond them. :P

Just as you could GA:WT then op is also beyond them

Or why.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Proceed View Post
    OP wanted to know "exactly" how it worked. That deserves the assumption that he/she is OK with it being laid out in a longer, more inclusive post.

If you are not the OP, and you don't care to read a more inclusive post, you are welcome to not read the whole thing.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    OP wanted to know "exactly" how it worked. That deserves the assumption that he/she is OK with it being laid out in a longer, more inclusive post.

If you are not the OP, and you don't care to read a more inclusive post, you are welcome to not read the whole thing.

I found it informative and enjoyed the reading. What makeo wrote made me think of a scene from The Office (Failed image were supposed to refer to that...)

Hey,thnx for help...well if i ask for something,it means i am interested in KNOWING about it...so pointer like ''get 20% wt's and get BE up'' dont meant a thing to me tbh...i want to know some of mechanics of how few thing run around here,then i can improve my math...

about statement ''In terms of math understanding. Most utopians are at the level of a bright 14 year old.'' ,is somewhat correct.i understand basic math,and i think i am good at it,but i have no interest of learning deeper logic of it,unless i find something of interest that involves that...
    sry to all math freak( i love u ppl) but math is for most ppl a) incomprehensible b) toooooo boring ;
    so this game can provide some challenges to those ppl(including me) when they try to understand some game rules...

one of guys is stating that only CS is good for thievery def,which i just cant swallow ,so i had to ask and to get GOOD answear...

Thread Information