Thread: Undead Attacker

Undead Attacker

What is the best strategy for an Undead War Hero attacker? So far I've been going with 6 dpa (6 def soldiers per acre, rest atk). Haven't really figured out how to build buildings, but I'm going with 25% homes, 25% training grounds, 15% armouries, 8% barracks, 5% forts, 2% guilds and towers, and 2% stables roughly.

I'm a new player, I played this game last maybe 10+ years ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    What is the best strategy for an Undead War Hero attacker? So far I've been going with 6 dpa (6 def soldiers per acre, rest atk). Haven't really figured out how to build buildings, but I'm going with 25% homes, 25% training grounds, 15% armouries, 8% barracks, 5% forts, 2% guilds and towers, and 2% stables roughly.

I'm a new player, I played this game last maybe 10+ years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
    First i hope you mean 6dspec/acre...thats about the minimum you need to run to not just instantly die in any war or even if you are simply randoming out for land.
    Second your build, 2% guilds isnt enough to cast even self spells, that should probably be more like 8-12%. I'd also run 1-2% dungeons, and up my stables to 10%. Drop arms if you are fully trained.

Other than that, play around with your prov to get a feel for how you like to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    First i hope you mean 6dspec/acre...thats about the minimum you need to run to not just instantly die in any war or even if you are simply randoming out for land.
    Second your build, 2% guilds isnt enough to cast even self spells, that should probably be more like 8-12%. I'd also run 1-2% dungeons, and up my stables to 10%. Drop arms if you are fully trained.

Other than that, play around with your prov to get a feel for how you like to play it.
    Yea, like the trained soldiers that give me 0 atk, 6 def. I run 6 of those def soldiers per acre.
    And why is it worth running that many guilds? The only spell I've been using is Love and Peace for quick peasant regen so I can get 80% of my pop as military (80% of max pop is better than 80% of 10k peasants).
    Will adjust for stables and dungeons, thank you :)

Getting 80% of your pop as military is overkill. You need to run good wpa and tpa(min 2 each) to protect yourself from enemies. Also consider some WTs. As you are WH you can play with some off specs(off specs: elites - 1:1) and during war retrain them into elites via trad marches. This way you will be increasing your off during the war. The drawbacks are that you won't have high initial off to break enemy t/m and that off specs are vulnerable to NS.

Post Fiend
    A general undead attacker build looks something like this:

10-20% homes
    15-20% TG
    10% rax
    10% banks
    10-12% guilds
    5% towers
    8-10% stables
    2% dungeons
    15-20% watch towers

Sometimes its a good idea to incorporate guard stations (10-15%) depending on what the situation is. Once you get your army fully trained, get rid of your armories, no need for them after you finish getting your elites in. I'll be going heavy WTs this whole age due to the amount of heretics and rogues on the server. No point in running tpa higher than 1.5-2 raw tpa since all you use it for is basic intel. WTs are only way to hedge the pain.

Aren't armouries needed because I'll lose soldiers during wars all the time anyways?

And wow, thank you, that looks like an awesome guide, I'll try to match that. I had just thought that I wouldn't need wizards or thieves because my kingdom could do recon for me.

Post Fiend
    Aren't armouries needed because I'll lose soldiers during wars all the time anyways?

And wow, thank you, that looks like an awesome guide, I'll try to match that. I had just thought that I wouldn't need wizards or thieves because my kingdom could do recon for me.
    Well, each province plays unique roles in each kingdom. A well-functioning kingdom has specialized roles (like thief, mage, attacker), but you should still be able to function and defend yourself. You will never 'stop' a rogue from opping you as an undead, the best you can do is build WTs (or pick tactician...cs is op). But if you run 1.5 tpa, then you will probably be able to gather intel for your kingdom or for yourself. I am aiming for about a 2.5-3 wpa this age as UD/warrior. I figure I can go a little higher than normal attacker wpa so i can have some mage fun during wars when i get chained. I enjoy fb runs on halflings and avians after i get chained :D

As for armories -- generally the only training you should be doing in war is via spec creds really. My kingdom typically saves up spec creds till you have several k spec creds, then aid them several k solds to boost their defense/nw up quickly. Armories should be used really only when you are pumping a lot of elites (like early age pump and eowcf basically)

except for the fact that undeads don't train elites...

Scribe
    Yeah I prob wouldn't run armouries on UD given they're only training specs, doesn't seem like it would be worth it most of the time.

You definitely need guilds. You want some WPA/TPA even as an attacker to not get completely wrecked and you need to be able to contribute to intel for your KD, don't assume your kingdom will do it all for you, most KDs will expect attackers to chip in for intel especially in war when TM stealth is needed for damage ops.

You may find you even need more than 10% stables, depending how you pump. You should aim to mount all your offensive units and calc stables accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Indi View Post
    except for the fact that undeads don't train elites...
    You are replaying to a thread that is 6 months old. When the questions were asked und still could train elites...

Anyone having much luck with undead/mystic this age?

Thread Information