The 4 Faeries of TVK

I chose faery based in personal experience. While many players can speak to faery capability as a t/m I can endorse faery as an attacker. Now I didn't role them in TVK as attackers, but I've run faery enough to be a comfortable mid core attacker, exchanging attacks as any other attacker race.

Faery is a capable race in raw state but the addition of the defensive spells alone make them a rock. The addition of the offensive spells and bonus damage seals it. This doesn't mean I think faery is better, but that their versatility allows them to cover a lot of ground.

The array of faeries in TVK includes Heretic, Mystic, Rogue and Sage. The idea was to put them in roles that could put enemies in a crossfire. The true aim is to have the faery backing the elf and halfer who do the high penetration work. Once the heaviest obstacles are removed the faery can unleash their high damage specialty. This is why you won't see the faery grouped with the elf and halfer who are more fragile and require judicious care.