Something that hasn't been mentioned but should occur to players is, enthusiasm fuels effect.

In my example, facing a clamp style kingdom, these are simply guidelines. I can tell you, when you face really good kingdoms they might be dictating the pace whereas all you're doing is reacting. You have to give yourself a chance and think aggressively at times, defensively and globally.

Let's take my example of the division above, in post #14. It may be your plan but your enemy might be inclined to stop it. You can't let this be where they dictate the pace. You can turn to alternate aggression to exploit another weakness. If you have to defend yourself, do so, but don't forget that it's the drive to win that bonds the kingdom.

You don't win by crying about not wanting to fight these guys or that you're over/outmatched. These are learning experiences and you must take advantage of these opportunities. The reasons are simply that the harder a kingdom has to work to defeat you the more mechanical knowledge is bestowed upon you. If you can envision winning in the extremes you are more likely to force your opposition to show their best.

So we aren't saying the faery must open with Nightmares; this is an example. Your faery might be more useful sideswiping an attacker that is in another divisions sector. When you see your opponent sagging it's no time to think about victory. This is when you turn the crank. Perhaps the attackers don't wish to render acres from the opponent but crush him at his current acreage, opening him up to ops from all provinces and not just t/ms.

You know how it works. I've been around some brilliant t/ms who synergized their work against the opponent while helping their kingdom. If one of these great players walks among us it's wise to allow them to operate freely. You might argue that they should focus on some particulars but that's another reason to have backups and flexible planning. Let the champions be the heroes when the notion is there, and the rest of us workaday brutes can keep the fundamentals inline.