Thread: Feelings ~ TVK 70

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    To continue...

In age 63 I went solo in a kingdom shell as a human war hero. Granted, things have changed but certain fundamentals remain with alternative benefits. Plague immunity is gone but fanaticism and pitfalls are welcome additions to the spell array. War spoils is an excellent spells if largely misunderstood.

Many hold the idea that war hero is a kingdom strat. I think this is as flawed as any other unproven notion. Their logic dictates something along the lines of dragon usage. This is missing the point. What this really does is force a question of efficiency. If it's obvious to the enemy that sending a dragon is useless they'll spend their gold elsewhere.

The question is about where war hero fits best. Avian has redundant spells, humans have redundant resistance and neither can protect their honor. The two races that come to mind are dwarf and undead: both have 14 total combat points per elite. It's how I measure the worthiness of conversions.

Dwarf is good for war hero for several reasons.
    - First, immunity to gold dragons is good for dwarves. Very good.
    - Dwarves have a nicely balanced elite that can be a great benefit to reduced army sizes in war.
    - They can build acres in 6 ticks which is well under most kingdoms wave times.
    - Among the best pure marching races that can cast spells.
    - Racial spells make honor retention highly probable.

Undead benefit as well.
    - War spoils allow the undead to random in normal without being ambushed.
    - This in turn makes elite conversions more efficient.
    - Income protection helps a race that can't steal.
    - Honor bonus/war spoils make for good flypaper.
    - Spell array makes for mismatches in troop losses.

One of the things The Virtual Kingdom offers is different types of problems for enemies to solve. This also offers The Virtual Kingdom more creative ways to engage the enemy.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 28-02-2017 at 00:36.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information