Thread: Getting back into things

Getting back into things

Ok so here I am bored again, and I'm gonna try and get back into Utopia. I did fairly well last time I played (for about 3 ages). I think I last left off in age 30? The Age of Unity I think it was? Anyways, there seems to be A LOT of changes made to them. I'm trying to go through and see whats the same and whats not, but are there any players out there who remember the old days and know the biggest significant changes that have been made?

On a side note, I'm running some strats before I sign up here and there, and looking at others. It seems that every attacker strat has guilds and towers. If i remember back to my attacker days, I never really had them in my build strat. What is the need for them? Am i missing something?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Most players are old veterans, at least the ones that hang around here. It's been a long time since you've played with lots of big changes to the game. Intel is gotten through thievery, the science system doesn't work by books per acre anymore, etc. I'd suggest jump jumping in and "relearning" things.

As far as guilds/towers, attackers have always run them. You need wizards to protect you from enemy wizards and you need runes at least for self spells.

You forgot another important point - you can no longer raze acres in war, instead it kills buildings, thus activity/staggering NW for optimal gains is more important (and as a side point people run suicider style strategies as the norm - since people outside of relative NW gains can hit you 4x and barely get any acres instead of 3x, almost no difference)

Thread Information