Thread: You have got to be kidding

You have got to be kidding

I haven't played in a while...there has been A LOT of changes...glad to see Angel is still around tho...

anyway, So I just finished a war and we are in that Still in war but on a ceasefire thing...I found a target, landfat, ripe for the picking, I hit him and only get 15 acres....is this b/c we are still at war? My monarch told me that we can attack anyone we want...but yet I only get 15 acres....

Next I find someone with 1.5 mil GC....I want some...I go for it and angel tells me I should get 100k...I get 16k...wtf? Does this have something to do with the ceasefire, war status we are in?

We are also fortified right now...

The guy I tried to steal from had a few banks....I remember banks used to keep thieves from taking to much gc, but it doesn't say that in the guide anymore...so I don't know

ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! THanks!

Veteran
    Hitting out or into eowcf is frowned upon greatly. It's a safe place to recover from war. But yes there is a major penalty for hitting out or into war. I believe it's 75%.

Enthusiast
    Alright, let's start at the top.

1. Angel is "around," but hasnt been updated since July, and he pretty much said that he wont go through the trouble to update it again because of the new science changes. We begged him, even if it was just for the building calculator, and he never responded. So I think it's pretty much dead. Also, the attacker calculator for Angel has been kind of crap for a long time, and should never be used to calculate gains.

2. Attacking outside of war (and EWOCF is still considered war) gives a 75% reduction in gains (as per the guide). If your monarch is telling you to attack out of EOWCF, you might want to re-evaluate your vote for monarch.

3. Again, angel is no longer functioning in coordination with the game, so you'll have to use something else. Stinger and Munk are pretty mainstream nowadays. I know people may still use PIMP (which crashes every 20 minutes) and UpoOpu (which lacks analytics). My kingdom uses munk, and the script calculates your approximated gains right on the kingdom page.

4. Being in Fort while in EOWCF doesnt really make a difference as the "war" status overrides any other status - including stances. Usually, putting a kingdom in fort prior to ending the EOWCF is a tactic to automatically be in fort when the CF ends, thus getting the full protection of fort right away (instead of leaving the CF, enabling fort, and waiting 24 hours for it to fully kick in). However, if this is done more than 24 hours in advance of leaving fort, the time is simply wasted. If your monarch did this thinking it would give the fort discounts right away, without leaving the CF, then, again, you might want to re-evaluate your vote. If you arent in CF anymore and are sitting in fort, remember that all attacks, thievery, and magic, will suffer a 50% reduction in gains.

5. Banks do no provide any protection from thief ops. They only generate income. Watchtowers are the only building that reduces thievery gains (and also increases catch chances).

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Postaholic
    If you are in eowcf still, monarch chose to change stance to fort 24h in advance before eowcf is up, will there be scientist spawning?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    If you are in eowcf still, monarch chose to change stance to fort 24h in advance before eowcf is up, will there be scientist spawning?
    I believe so. Since war stance overrides the effects of all other stances, you SHOULD still be getting scientists. However, once the CF ends, fort will kick in and you'll stop generating them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcats View Post
    I haven't played in a while...there has been A LOT of changes...glad to see Angel is still around tho...

anyway, So I just finished a war and we are in that Still in war but on a ceasefire thing...I found a target, landfat, ripe for the picking, I hit him and only get 15 acres....is this b/c we are still at war? My monarch told me that we can attack anyone we want...but yet I only get 15 acres....

Next I find someone with 1.5 mil GC....I want some...I go for it and angel tells me I should get 100k...I get 16k...wtf? Does this have something to do with the ceasefire, war status we are in?

We are also fortified right now...

The guy I tried to steal from had a few banks....I remember banks used to keep thieves from taking to much gc, but it doesn't say that in the guide anymore...so I don't know

ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! THanks!
    Definitely need to read through the guide pretty thorough if you haven't played in a while.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Problem is, the guide isnt always updated. Anytime this is ever brought up to the admins, their response is always: "Make a wiki account and make the changes."

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    Problem is, the guide isnt always updated. Anytime this is ever brought up to the admins, their response is always: "Make a wiki account and make the changes."
    Pretty standard now a days for game guides isn't it? If I want to know how to play Genji I don't ask blizzard.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximII View Post
    I believe so. Since war stance overrides the effects of all other stances, you SHOULD still be getting scientists. However, once the CF ends, fort will kick in and you'll stop generating them.
    This is correct.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information