Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparta hitting on CD

Postaholic

Sparta hitting on CD

My Kingdom got into an OOP war which lasted 10 days, incl eowcf. We won the war, but yet again ended up in the top 10 with our WW. My Kd's LS scrambled to get CFs in place, and I was grateful to them for handling it, because we'd warred through Christmas without a break and I had (still have) the flu. However, I heard two kingdoms were problems. CR and Sparta. Every other kingdom was fairly decent about it. I approached Bart on IRC and asked him for a CF. He said he doesn't give free CFs, especially not to my kingdom. I told him I need a few days at least, to recover from illness. He replied to get a sitter and he could do what he wanted. I had 3 options - Pay up 10% of our land immediately entering fort. Drop pool and grow 40k (??) to war him. Or no CF. I told him those options all left us in a place we didn't like, and I couldn't make decisions like that while running a high-grade fever, to which he scoffed and said he was glad I understood how things were, so too bad. Then he disappeared.

About 12 hours later, we went from EoWCF into fort, and there was Sparta. They waved my kingdom, and I was woken up early in the morning by the news. I tried to talk reason with Bart, but he said, because of the inconvenience of his kingdom "having to leave fort early to wave" us the price had gone up to 15% of our land. When I expressed my anger (in a rather calm way I might add, for me), he told me the price went up yet again to 20% and he knew I had pool I could drop to pay him the land tax he wanted.

My kingdom has never paid land tax for CF. It's a matter of principle, and many in Utopia would feel this is a lousy attitude, that paying a tax is far less damaging than fighting. That's 100% true, especially when the aggressor is 50% bigger than our kingdom. Sparta began targeting our honor very carefully by hitting our fae. Sparta would not let up, and one of my provinces, who had expressed upset at Bart and Sparta, deleted quite suddenly and has not been heard from since. Now Sparta is 50% bigger AND has 2 more provinces.

We are almost at max meter and Sparta continues to hit us, salivating at what they see as an easy win for them. Disgusting. We will continue to fight. We've tried diplo with Bart. Probably half the kingdom has tried, and yes, some wasn't that great and maybe had the opposite effect, but when nothing else works with a Kingdom in which the king has said he has made this personal vendetta against my kingdom - it becomes obvious that no amount or any sort of diplo will do a thing with this irrational, evil player who calls himself a leader of a supposed great kingdom of bullies - unless we do as he says, as though he is our master.

I am not in the forum to cry or whine, but to make clear why we are fighting Bart. I've been messaged repeatedly, asking what the heck is going on with Sparta beating on us. You can see in the forum the glee Bart has about this. It's sick, truly. I'm dismayed as it is by the culture of the top, but I realize that Bart must have a very crappy RL to feel a need to be a D*ck in a virtual environment to fellow players, and he sees it as some kind of strategic genius on his part.

I'm too tired to write more because it feels like we've been battling since December 18th... wait, I think we have? When did this round start? I am war weary, but extremely proud of my kingdom for not backing down, despite the WW we had stripped from us by Bart, and despite the damage he continues to do to our provinces.
    True warrior class from my kingdom. Thank you! You make this game worth playing.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Lot of whining
    1. Panthira comes to Sparta asking for a free CF.
    2. Sparta declines and asks for 10% if Panthira wants a CF.
    3. Panthira declines hoping the threat of FSU will make sure Sparta doesn't hit her.
    4. Sparta wave Panthira because we dgaf.
    5. Panthira goes full-retal mode refusing anything but a free CF. At the same time a flurry of insults and threats is delivered to us.
    6. Sparta says "sure we're game"
    7. Panthira keeps asking for a free CF stating that "you already took the 10%" --> doesn't understand that 10% in 1 unretalled wave aint the same as 50 hours of hitting back and forth into fort.
    8. Panthira sees the meter is nearly maxed and goes public to get sympathy.

Just to name some of the deals that were refused:

> King Bart the Skeptic of Spartan of Heaven () said: > >

you hold hits and ops now.

1. We bush ut current hits.
    2. Get 5 free hits of our choice after you leave fortified.
    3. Jan Yr6 CF + 72 not into hostile war eowcf.

Another one that was refused was me offering them to give us the land after their next conflict. That was also refused.

On a side-note Pan, how did your conflict with Warcry/Goats start last age?
    Last edited by Bishop; 03-01-2017 at 12:39.

Postaholic
    Drop me a pm if you need help. Though I may be alone, small and not having enough offence perhaps. I can assist like bouncing if you need. I like your spirit of not bowing to bullies.

Just to share, I pm binar if they want free acre from me and I don't need a cf for that in fact. He rejected and say they will get their acres in a legitimate way. See the difference between class and scum

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    Drop me a pm if you need help. Though I may be alone, small and not having enough offence perhaps. I can assist like bouncing if you need. I like your spirit of not bowing to bullies.

Just to share, I pm binar if they want free acre from me and I don't need a cf for that in fact. He rejected and say they will get their acres in a legitimate way. See the difference between class and scum
    Will drop you a PM mr Justice. I'm glad you support us finally punishing this bully :)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Will drop you a PM mr Justice. I'm glad you support us finally punishing this bully :)
    Oh. There you go. So u invite me to hit into hostile. Thanks. I prefer to hit when you war

I like to post
    I've already had several KDs message me to congratulate me on finally giving Panthira a piece of her own medicine, and they offered to hit her as well. I've declined all as I'd like to keep this a 1v1 fight.

boom
    Last edited by the juice man; 03-01-2017 at 12:49. Reason: wrong thread

I like to post

Strategy Moderator
    1. Panthira comes to Sparta asking for a free CF.
    2. Sparta declines and asks for 10% if Panthira wants a CF.
    kds that dont compete for land dont pay land for cf's, unless its EARLY oop...read when ww pushes you to top 4-5 oop.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    My Kingdom got into an OOP war which lasted 10 days, incl eowcf. We won the war, but yet again ended up in the top 10 with our WW. My Kd's LS scrambled to get CFs in place, and I was grateful to them for handling it, because we'd warred through Christmas without a break and I had (still have) the flu. However, I heard two kingdoms were problems. CR and Sparta. Every other kingdom was fairly decent about it. I approached Bart on IRC and asked him for a CF. He said he doesn't give free CFs, especially not to my kingdom. I told him I need a few days at least, to recover from illness. He replied to get a sitter and he could do what he wanted. I had 3 options - Pay up 10% of our land immediately entering fort.
    Next time tell your leadership they have to act within the first 24 hours of the war in to arrange cfs....dont give ANY 100% confirmed cf till all kd agree to a cf. If one kd demands a % of your acres and the other dont talk to the kds that are willing to give a free cf. Tell them either they drop you 6-12 hours before your eowcf would normally end or you are going to pick one of them (who is outa declare range) and leave eowcf early to wave them for land to force them to drop you.

Now semi friendly kd that is now just pissy with you AND you are "hostile" so the kd that demanded acres cant legitly wave you. This is the "process" to take if you dont want to crown/compete. If you want size/land you'll end up having to just stall the kd demanding land and hope you do enough damage. See jesters v warseekers this age, my kd v coss (twice), or snakes v Sanc a a few years ago.

Its not "fun" to get droped, but the alternative is running a real hostile as you guys currently have against an asshole when your stressed out from constant warring.

What's not clear here? Panthira keeps throwing insults and threats in-game; asks her abs buddies to help her out with diplo but the situation she put herself into is irreparable; demands sympathy in the forum.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    kds that dont compete for land dont pay land for cf's, unless its EARLY oop...read when ww pushes you to top 4-5 oop.
    I think you meant "divinity does not pay taxes when not going for land". I'm sorry but we've been taxed regularly over the ages even when out of the top 10. A lack of game mechanics understanding and willingness to grudge/FSU gave us a bad bargaining position back then. Nowadays KDs think twice before taxing us when we're not competing, same goes for FS.

I've given a ton of free CFs already this age, but there was a particular reason this one wasn't going to be free.

They're not forced to pay us land, but honestly Persain would you just CF for free after a KD retals for 48 hours? Mind you, they didn't just "eat" the wave and offered CF, (as you most likely would've done) they actively hostiled from the first hour.

Regular
    Hey Bart, watch out mate, they might intra raze themselves down to 10k acres and war u Jester style! XDDDD

Setting new precedent each age :P

And do our work for us?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    So far from all four named: Panthira,Bart,Binar and you its only you doing it wrong. PM ppl and offering them free land is what harm game most in long turn. Land is supposed to be take with force and risk in all this process. When ppl start ask and get free land sit on low draft and pump its not cool and make harm to game.

What i can say to Panthira is i can feel how tired you are from all this BS for leading KD. Its one from main reasons so many ppl got burned and gave up lead kd at lest on "TOP" level. Still you cant blame Bart for not agree on free CF. Every other kingdom if don't have other plans and can take land from you will done same.
    I remember how after having over 7-9 days war with Pew Pew we got 48h notice OOW. I asked for at least 1 days extra time and got reply we wont get it. But after we wared them and won in 48h min time they asked for CF. We rejected and they told: we want to vulture them after war. So its how are ppl nature. When they are doing something favor them its all cool and legit but when some one done it to them is all bad and lame.
    TBH giving land for Cf after long war can be best solution if your ppl are tired and low active. From other side if they are all active going in another war is more fun.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend

On a side-note Pan, how did your conflict with Warcry/Goats start last age?
    I can answer this question! I also know how it ended. :)

PS. CD wanted 16hrs of free hits, with their attack time last age, amounted to two full waves without any retaliation.

Thread Information