Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparta hitting on CD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    It clearly was a failure of diplo. If you didnt want to be in this situation now you should have met Barts terms, simple.

Perhaps in the future if you dont want to roll over in a similar position at least have a few kd's willing to gb instead of maxing meter at 50%, getting farmed and ruining your players morale causing them to quit :)

PS, this thread is great.
    @bart, your welcome for the heads up on Panthiras loc this age.
    @panthira, ill give bart your loc next age too in the hopes of another fine thread :)
    Tony?!?!?! Is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    You tied your cf's on the understanding that other kds be reasonable. Bart isn't thats the mistake. You end up with 2 options as a leader 1. try to deal with bart on his terms, 2. let the other kds wave u all at the same time to avoid him. In the future i suggest #2.
    Yes I did. We simply didnt want to give any of the top kds racing for the crown free acres after our war win and an unfair advantage over the others as we are on good terms with several of the leaders in the different kds. So I went out and tried to cf them all. Have in mind its not easy to get 6 cfs without giving land when you have no leverage at all. They were all in a position to take them by force if they wanted. 6 kds were resonable in the end even if it took 2 hits into our hostile on our 1 UB from CR to tie up that last knot and Im yet to talk more to a 6th. It was only natural to give them all assurances we wouldnt farm out to one of their competators after we had CFed them (and that was our goal, to make sure noone got free acres as an advantage over the others, there is enough of that sh*t going on already) so that part of the CF deal was in terms with the spirit of the CFs.

Other top kd leaders said they gave Sparta free cfs because they said they werent competing this age so I actually didnt think CFing Sparta would be a problem. If they werent competing they were better or staying at 40k land and wait for x:x to be done with their war and war them. Not try to squeeze out free land from us.

This was a misscalculation but I guess with the bad blood between Panthira and Bart it should had been expected even thou Bart posted in these very forums saying he was ready to start fresh over with anyone except for a few ex Panda players? In the end this left us with only one option, fighting back. With the max meter thing it sucks being the little fish but thats just the nature of the game. If Bart wanna build a really bad grudge with 23 players that is his choice. My experince is these things always come back to haunt you later on. Thats why I try to be resonable :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Our KD needs a Shai :(

You want a wash up old timer with a strange love-hate relationship to this game and too little time to play it at full capacity? Awww <3
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    It was only natural to give them all assurances we wouldnt farm out to one of their competators after we had CFed them (and that was our goal, to make sure noone got free acres as an advantage over the others, there is enough of that sh*t going on already) so that part of the CF deal was in terms with the spirit of the CFs.

Other top kd leaders said they gave Sparta free cfs because they said they werent competing this age so I actually didnt think CFing Sparta would be a problem. If they werent competing they were better or staying at 40k land and wait for x:x to be done with their war and war them. Not try to squeeze out free land from us.

This was a misscalculation but I guess with the bad blood between Panthira and Bart it should had been expected even thou Bart posted in these very forums saying he was ready to start fresh over with anyone except for a few ex Panda players? In the end this left us with only one option, fighting back. With the max meter thing it sucks being the little fish but thats just the nature of the game. If Bart wanna build a really bad grudge with 23 players that is his choice. My experince is these things always come back to haunt you later on. Thats why I try to be resonable :)

You want a wash up old timer with a strange love-hate relationship to this game and too little time to play it at full capacity? Awww <3
    Shai is free to go where he pleases, but he will always have a special place in my heart for being there when I needed him. I'm extremely grateful to Shai.

Bart and I have no reason to be tangled in some bad blood, actually. I am confounded by his attitude. Personal issues? What might those be? I have no idea wtf he is talking about. I even told Shai that Bart shouldn't be a CF issue, because Bart has repeatedly stated Sparta is a war kingdom and doesn't do land tax.

This really reminds me of when I was a kid. There were boys who liked me, but instead of doing the right things, they would pick on me - bully me - to show me how much they liked me. This is exactly like that, with Bart. What a weirdo! Trying to ruin ppl's round because of his OWN personal mental issues.

Why would I leave someone that let me slack as much as I want? <3
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    Why would I leave someone that let me slack as much as I want? <3
    OFC, you are worth every slacker moment, and more. ;)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Panthira is on par with Bart in friend making skills it seems.
    I like Pan and Bart

*insert some sort of shrug*

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I like Pan and Bart

*insert some sort of shrug*
    Shrug! Now use that hammer u have before things go cray cray out of control!

That woman done gone crazy!

Not 100% true Panthira, your KD did 3 full waves into a war with Sparta and Un1t, when we stole Sparta's war target Ascension, but you were the ONLY 1 with an actual 100% safe EoA CF deal, and no you hit more then just zulu. I also got the logs but i don't post things like that in public, end of the day it doesn't matter now, but it was 1 of the reasons i took time off, because i did believe we were friendlies and to have someone backstab as bad as that mid merger talks was just meh... (If you want to clear the air you got my WA and its not difficult to give a sincere apology for crap like that, but until that comes a long, i believe CD deserves what Bart is giving you, whether it was him or someone else doesn't matter at this point).

As for you Bart, i hold no grudge at present, to you or Sparta, my KD dealt a small blow to you end of last age, which i felt settled old score, but i got no issues sacrificing ranks etc. just to make a point, as ranking means little to me.

If you want to talk things out, contact me as I'm back playing/Leading this age, I got no intentions of **** playing anyone, i rather have fun warring and relaxing, see if i can get some motivation back with a small friends core.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    We waved goats for war. They were 92% our size and our only option for war at the time, eoa last age. They claimed they didn;t want war, but refused to CF us without conditions (like being able to hit us so many times, to which I said, halt all hits on BOTH sides while we discuss CF, and they refused!) So hits continued, which led to war. Being 92% of a kd's size, and 150%+ is a HUGE difference and to compare the 2 is one of those logical fallacies.
    You wanted sixteen hours of free hits for the CF, which was in addition to your opening wave on us for the initial ceasefire. At declare, you were 137% of our size and we had to hit a few times in order to get button. We tanked your Gold Dragon for seven days. We took you down one by one. Tell us the end result of the war again? And your War Forum post titled "The Trivialities of Size" where you gave all sorts of excuses why you lost was quite amusing to read.
    Last edited by stealth4785; 04-01-2017 at 01:30.

Postaholic
    I believe I said what we wanted, which was for all hits to stop while we talked CF terms, on BOTH sides. You stopped for 5 hours while I slept, and then whined that was enough and came back attacking again, while I still slept. If I must I can show the logs of what your king said to me but I really don't think you want me doing that. The size was irrelevant, at 15% bigger than you at declare, because I had a 7kac, 1.2 million nw prov go land defense in the last moments of hostile. The size gap was closed quickly, along with avian BR and having 15 of them on your side. (Goats/warcry, you guys played well and you had amazing activity. There isn't a need to prove yourself, as you did that in our war. Bravo! But keep this up and I can't attest to my ragistical reaction. Logs.)
    Oh and I can't remember this 7 day tanking of said dragon. I should stop there.

Same for you, Angels. You've forgotten crucial details. Like the Zulu DB and hitting me for 1700 acres. How convenient to forget that.

I'm not going anywhere. Those who leave my kingdom don't need to be there. It sucks for them, and that's my main concern - my kingdom. Not me. This is not fun for them, what Bart is doing. You make your choices too, Bart. Diplo doesn't mean Pan bends over for Bart, though I know that's what you are going for here. ;)
    Last edited by Panthira; 04-01-2017 at 04:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Same for you, Angels. You've forgotten crucial details. Like the Zulu DB and hitting me for 1700 acres. How convenient to forget that.
    Here we go again with the cray cray talk...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post

If you want to talk things out, contact me as I'm back playing/Leading this age, I got no intentions of **** playing anyone, i rather have fun warring and relaxing, see if i can get some motivation back with a small friends core.
    I am looking for war!

Postaholic
    Nice sneaky hit

January 3 of YR3 DriveMonkeyDrive ($:$) invaded Spartan of Redeeming Qualities (@:@) and captured 598 acres of land.

Looks like Spartans gonna raze kill Carebear.
    Care bear so cute...you bear?

Post Demon
    And the stories of bigger kd's forcing war on smaller opponents continue. But why not play it smart OOW you could have decided to retal some of their provinces while letting others grow, say you decide on keeping 8 or so from growing and ignore the other 14-17 provinces, now those 14-17 provinces will get OOR quite fast with them growing and you getting hitted, OOW they can only farm so far before it does not pay off and you stall everyone else from farming.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Here we go again with the cray cray talk...

Just gotta share this one from another KD who had the same experience with dear Mrs Pantihose:

"One of my chest hairs is rebellious and that clearly proves that <CD> has aggressive intentions towards us because aliens wear Boss suits while driving ford mustangs on the bottom of the rhine rives in search for strawberries."

Thread Information