Thread: Human / Cleric explain?

Human / Cleric explain?

1. Can I ask how the losses is calculated? (Human - 66% def losses, Cleric - 30% def losses)
    - In my understanding, it is a stacked of % losses, which means a 96% def losses.

2. What causes income penalty? Is Greed, Storm, Incite Riot considers as an income penalty?
    - In my understanding, whatever that causes income changes is income penalty.

Hope to have some insights from the board.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by yeng View Post
    1. Can I ask how the losses is calculated? (Human - 66% def losses, Cleric - 30% def losses)
    - In my understanding, it is a stacked of % losses, which means a 96% def losses.

2. What causes income penalty? Is Greed, Storm, Incite Riot considers as an income penalty?
    - In my understanding, whatever that causes income changes is income penalty.

Hope to have some insights from the board.
    1. It's stacked by multiplication, so you get -76.2% def losses 1 - ( (1-0.66) * (1-0.3) ) = 0.762
    2. Greed is not an income penalty, riots is

Post Fiend
    1) No, you don't have a 96% reduction in losses as the benefits are multiplicative not additive.

What this mean is that the math works out as a 76.2% reduction in loses. See Persains post with the math here: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15409406

2) Net income is made up of two components, income which modified by the likes of banks, riots, science etc, and expenses which is just wages these.

Income immunity means that you are immune to things that affect the income portion, e.g riots.

As Greed affects wages, it does not get included in the income immunity.

Storms kills peasants only.
    Last edited by Runefire; 04-01-2017 at 06:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    1. It's stacked by multiplication, so you get -76.2% def losses 1 - ( (1-0.66) * (1-0.3) ) = 0.762
    2. Greed is not an income penalty, riots is
    If that is the case of multiplication, it means if I build some hospital, it would also be a multiplication mod??

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yeng View Post
    If that is the case of multiplication, it means if I build some hospital, it would also be a multiplication mod??
    yes

Needs to get out more
    Running high survival provinces can be tricky. I'm running human cleric myself. Elf cleric was easier because the relative defense was higher, thus less enemy taps/ops. Additionally the elf cleric became more dangerous when losing land, and I could run pure elites.

Human cleric at it's best is run with slag/slack. I'm accustomed to running sloppy strats but human cleric actually brings a tactical romance to the whole thing. It's like running your strat with built in pressure valves and shapelier fat.

Should I divulge? Yeah, why not. I'm running ahead on acres and drafting deeper on a population held lower by design. Normally I'd run more Love & Peace, but in the human case I'm using the financial bonus as a compensator for lower peasant counts. Running higher acres is based in my aquaintance with raze, in and out of war, but primarily in war. You can't count on high GS as a means to retain defense. Right now I'm running a simple soldier purge, which probably has nw advantages. As my professors accumulate though, I will introduce higher levels of training. I noticed I was still making gold after a decent FB run by my enemy. I chose not to cast Love & Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information