Thread: Explore cost deduced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The problem isn't that he used people's Intel to map out the explore formula. The problem is Munk has defended his tool by saying that while he does have access to everyone's information, he would never actually access it. The only thing he has to stand on is his word. But here he is, accessing people's information (presumably without most of their permissions) on a whim of wanting to do something.

Tldr: Munk has given you no reason to believe he's not accessing your information for a strategic advantage.

Important note: I am not claiming that Munk is definitely cheating and spying on everyone using Munk.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The problem isn't that he used people's Intel to map out the explore formula. The problem is Munk has defended his tool by saying that while he does have access to everyone's information, he would never actually access it. The only thing he has to stand on is his word. But here he is, accessing people's information (presumably without most of their permissions) on a whim of wanting to do something.

Tldr: Munk has given you no reason to believe he's not accessing your information for a strategic advantage.

Important note: I am not claiming that Munk is definitely cheating and spying on everyone using Munk.

There's a reason he posted the formulas here instead of using the entire game's exploration cost data for CRs benefit only, and it's not because he was just using everyone's data for personal gain.

Now, I've got know idea how he manages his data or extracted this information from his database, but it seems like it should have been pretty simple to blindly pull the bulk explore cost data for this purpose

Thread Information