Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Explore cost deduced

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    They trust him with their Intel and has it been abused? No so the trust is intact.
    And I say it has. That's how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    And I say it has. That's how opinions work.
    I didnt know deciding how other people will feel and react on is a opinion. If you are expressing your own opinion on the matter you should state so now you just decided how other people feel ont he matter without knowing what they actually feel.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Suggesting that people are being abused doesn't depend on if those people agree with that opinion.

I.e. women can certainly disagree with the opinion that every women deserves the right to have an abortion

Needs to get out more
    You ever see Bishop in the browser and consider your actions more carefully?

Anyways I might need this. I've figured out a strat shuffle for human cleric that involves draining the pool like bacteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Suggesting that people are being abused doesn't depend on if those people agree with that opinion.

I.e. women can certainly disagree with the opinion that every women deserves the right to have an abortion
    You arent suggesting though you are claiming that those peoples trust has been violated.

Needs to get out more
    You arent suggesting though you are claiming that those peoples trust has been violated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wk-jT9rn-8 the real munk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    If you want to pretend the Mona Lisa is a black and white painting, sure. I'm sure there are tons of people that actually don't give a **** that yahoo has been hacked multiple times, that doesn't mean they haven't failed each and every one of their users.

If you give a man $20 to go buy some groceries and he promises that he won't go buy weed with it, but then instead buys a bag of chips and beer with it, that person has let you down.

Munk didn't do what he said he wouldn't do, but he also said he wouldn't use uMunk as his own intel repository, which he just did.

Munk didn't do what he said he wouldn't do, but he also said he wouldn't use uMunk as his own intel repository, which he just did.
    That's a contradiction. Just saying.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Demon

There's a very big difference. The game data is created and primarily exists in the game. As the game admin Bishop has every right to use it. There's absolutely no realistic expectations from the players that the admins don't look at and analyze player data.

Munk has stated that the data you have on uMunk is private. There's only 3 realistic reasons I could think of that Munk would have permission to access it and that's being

1. There was some situation in which he needed to access it for dev purposes.
    2. He asked I gave permission
    3. I asked him to

Being curious about the explore formula doesn't fall into any of those categories
    As the munkbot admin, there is a realistic expectation from munkbot users that munk analyzes his user data to make the munkbot tools more accurate.

Your data on umunk being private and munk having access to it are not mutually exclusive.

Explore is a game situation, he accessed explore data for dev purposes (improving the .plore command).

I've seen the raw accessed data that was dumped into the chart system, it's raw #s with no attachment to individuals.

tf.umunk is updated and published for everyone to see any time you view a KD or province page.

The explore chart is updated and published to his chart any time someone views their explore data.

Why is this a problem to you

If you want to pretend the Mona Lisa is a black and white painting, sure. I'm sure there are tons of people that actually don't give a **** that yahoo has been hacked multiple times, that doesn't mean they haven't failed each and every one of their users.

If you give a man $20 to go buy some groceries and he promises that he won't go buy weed with it, but then instead buys a bag of chips and beer with it, that person has let you down.

I am not sure what Yahoo being hacked has to do with you trying to decided what other people feels about munk and his tools?

Why would anyone be dissapointed when you get beer and chips? :/

Explore costs arent Intel its data besides his giving back to the community.

Palem is, as far as I can tell, 100% correct about Munk (in this thread).
    #magi

nice

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Palem is, as far as I can tell, 100% correct about Munk (in this thread).
    Except for the part where no individuals data was specifically accessed, the data was simply bulk raw data plotted in a chart, where he accuses munk of using his bot for his own personal gain when in reality he used his database to add a helpful new command to munkbot, and where munk never said he wouldn't use bulk raw data to further develop munkbot.

Post Demon

Suggesting that people are being abused because raw data was plotted on a chart to reverse engineer a formula and then comparing it to abortion rights is quite possibly one of the single stupidest things you have ever said on these forums.

And I say this having not forgotten that time when you guaranteed victory against FREE, then lost, then got butthurt over them making fun of you and decided to raze into their wars.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Munk also didn't say he wouldn't grab our login information to xlog whenever he wants. Does that make it acceptable?

I never accused munk of stealing people's Intel for his own gain. In fact, I made sure to explicitly point out that that wasn't something I was saying...on multiple occasions.

And for what feels like the millionth time, the narrative between my squabble with free that you've built in your mind continues to grow further from the reality of the situation.

@ Korp
    Your counterpoint to my saying that munk has done wrong is saying that not everyone cares that munk used their data. My point is that I'm sure there are millions of people with yahoo accounts that couldn't care in the slightest that their information was at risk due to hackings. Whether they care or not, yahoo failed them. They had an obligation to protect the information of its users and they didn't do that. The fact that Barry from Omaha who hasn't used his account for 4 years doesn't care doesn't mean yahoo did nothing wrong.

Thread Information