Thread: Help with a war strategy

Help with a war strategy

Hi,

My first post and hoping I can get some help on a situation.

I am playing as a Human cleric in a small KD where I happen to be the largest attacker (~1.4k acres). I also have the highest honor points in the KD.

We might war a KD that has a couple of attackers in the same range as me and a few T/Ms as well.

I believe i will be the main target for the opposing KD due to my size and honor. I would appreciate suggestions on the best way I can make it difficult for them to avoid cutting me down to size

Look forward to suggestions!

Veteran
    Pretend to be inactive. Haha

You might consider running Guard Stations to limit the losses when you do get attacked, as you would indeed be a likely first target for the enemy.

For the most part the best advice in War is to mind your attack times, note when your army will return so that you can send it back out ASAP. This serves dual-purpose of protecting your Elites from being targeted while they are sitting at home defending, and if you are being targeted with attacks you want to keep a steady stream of acres incoming.

If you think you'll be chained ASAP, try and stack soldiers/gc (you can get your kd to help you with this) to explore just before war starts, in order to limit desertions. Keep your army out 24/7.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Post Fiend
    I would build 20% rax/GS/hosps and explore just before war starts. If they don't target you and you start growing too big, you can switch to start massacres on their big t/ms or send razes into the mid tier to help out your kd - whatever is best.

Putting a lot of GS and hosps slows the chain and rax are important to help you keep lots of land coming in if you do get hit.

edit: ideally you can produce gc for your kd, though, being a human cleric you might not need quite as many hospitals, and have some extra banks

Postaholic
    I would suggest you do exactly what your monarch asks you to do. If they told you to come up with your own build strategy, then all good, but if they want you to do something, best to follow them.

As mentioned Guard Stations are probably your best friend. The biggest thing that will bring down a Human Cleric (zomg so much defensive losses) will be them taking your land, and you overpopping from it. So try to keep good incoming land, and have enough defense that they can't hit you twice with one province.

I don't think hospitals are necessary, Human and cleric mean very little defensive losses, and cleric is immune to plague. Maybe run 10% for less offensive losses.

Next to Guard Stations your best bet is to limit the enemies ability to op you too hard. MS is going to happen, but try to have some decent wpa to prevent major Nightmare runs, like 4 raw wpa and Magic Shield up, and 3+ rTPA +20% Watch Towers. Without Clear Sight any OK Kingdom with rogues will tear you a new one with rogues.. but at least you can slow them down a bit with Watch Towers.

If you know you are going to be chained - WTs/GS/Rax are mandatory. With human/cleric combo there is no need of hosp. Explore in the hostile and with the new acres build homes for extra pop space - by the time your land and homes are ready you will lose all peasants.

Enthusiast
    With better intel, could probably tailor a build really well. How many can hit you, expected attack times? What are the TMs? How are your T/M stats, sci?

If you can beat their attack times and keep a high enough defense to not get hit outright, you could just wait for their largest offenses to send out, then hit out yourself. As a Hu you don't have to worry about losses from being hit at home, but you have to worry about getting overpopped. Badly.

If they have TMs that can break you 100%, heretics that can NM, rogues that could burn your WT, GS, or even something that could tornado you badly, you're not going to be able to escape being chained. If they can lower your defense into a chainable state, you will just have to rely on armies in/out+high incoming land. Keep starting peasants low if possible, grow into an economy if you survive the start.

Enthusiast
    Super activity and keen and kind kingdommates will help you!
    Live long and prosper

Thank you for your suggestions...this really helps! And yes nothing better than helpful KD mates. Will let you good people know how i end up post war

Thread Information