Thread: Absurpt fail rate Thieve/Rogue

Absurpt fail rate Thieve/Rogue

Is there something I dont know which makes my fail rate as it is?

HA/Rogue
    I have 8.3 raw tpa
    144% Sci
    44% Higher Thieve eff from TD's
    50% From Race bonus

Leaving the honour bonus aside, this results in more than 43 tpa modded.

This could as well been 20 or 30 mod tpa. Doesnt really matter. What bothers me is that this war and previous war my fail rates on simple targets with 2 raw tpa(No WT's) is incredible. I just failed a SoT 4 times in a row. Same happens with stealing gold runes and food. The simple ops. We do have a Ruby draggie on us but that shouldn't affect us.

I have posted this in the bug tread, as for me those fail rates are high.

Maybe there is an autofail rate I am not aware of? Or is there a fail rate for provinces who are out of a specific NW/Land range?

I am around 950 land and 225k NW
    Target 750 and 160 NW personality Tactician.

Some feedback would be nice.

This is not for the bug forum but for strategy :). Try to avoid doing ops on targets outside of your NW range and not to oversend thieves(you didn't mention how many thieves were you sending).

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tomassio View Post
    Maybe there is an autofail rate I am not aware of? Or is there a fail rate for provinces who are out of a specific NW/Land range?

NW difference is a factor, but tacticians also have access to the Clear Sight spell, which causes 25% of incoming thief ops to fail. Your mTpa should be high enough to overcome NW diff but CS doesn't care about your TPA.

Quote Originally Posted by tomassio View Post

Some feedback would be nice.
    CS has an autofail. Opping out of range incurs fails, as does oversending thieves. Moving thread so people can give you advice.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thanks for moving the tread and the advice.

For intel I have send 10% of total thieves. Thats for 100% accuracy right?
    What is oping out of range? Can anyone be more specific. is it based on NW or land and is it gradually from being 100% down by each 1% or does it start passing 70-80%?

Postaholic
    The Clear Sight that Tactician gets is what is causing the auto fail more than likely. Clear Sight gives that province a 25% chance to fail your mission, regardless of # of thieves you have or how many you send.

Watch towers also add to the auto fail chance, but you mentioned he doesnt have any (unless the survey is old?).

Opping out of range has auto fail attached to it, you want to stick to opping people with 20% of your NW (If you are 100k nw op people between ~80k - 120k NW. The further away they are in NW to you the more auto fail chance there is.

Oversending thieves. The wiki guide has a thievery guide which (If you are good mathematically) can tell you almost precisely how many thieves you should send on most ops. For instance Riots require more thieves to be sent than robbing the granaries, so if you send like 4 raw tpa on a mission to rob granaries, you are vastly oversending, and there is auto-fail attached to how much more you are oversending. In your case though, with an SoT, and you sent 10% thieves, that is fine, and should have no auto-fail attached to it.

My guess is just the Tactician had Clear Sight on, and you got unlucky.

Appreciate the feedback! Thanks:)

Thread Information