Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PI vs Sparta: A Top Funding Story

PI vs Sparta: A Top Funding Story

Dudes and dudettes, Mods arent getting happy with that other thread so lets take it on the road to a new adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Last age Spartans funded TBB into conflict with CR. Technically between two conflicts. Deal was TBB would give Spartans the acres they gained.

CR flipped their ****. Promises were made. Oaths were taken.

This age CR funds Spartans vs. Pi, same deal.

Tbh I can't fault Bart. He's a consistent guy. Cr should be disbanded. No point in it existing without zauper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    I keep hearing about how all top kds are all funding several other yet to be known kds. Can we get a list of all this excessive gc farming for acres that is going on cause I must have missed that this was a new standard in the top.

What kds have Emeriti funded for acres? What kds have wsk funded? What kds have BB funded? We know CR and Sparta do it on a regular basis but how about the rest? I hear FS got funded many times from Matija on these boards. Who funded them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But seriously though I am curious whats the big deal. Is it the timing of it all thats the huge issue? Cause I can see that could look problematic. But otherwise how is this any different from "top kingdoms" "taxing" people. In a perspective this latter part can be more friendly, you pay for your acres instead of just straight out taking them cause you're in a superior postition.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    BB funded several KDs while I played there, FS being one of them while I played in FS all to counter all the **** CR and Emeriti pull. Give me a break, seriously.

Oh I'm not giving names, those are mostly warring KDs etc. **** no.
    Here is a safe space to discuss things like is funding okay, should CR be GB'd simply for not having Zauper, and the war update for Pandas Inc vs Spartans a grudge match 2 ages long.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Post Fiend
    not pandas not mythos either

Quote Originally Posted by situsklaw View Post
    not pandas not mythos either
    If the Cappo is fluffy it a panda. I think Bart actually made a post last age about harboring Pandas after the deal break.

You are correct.

Thank you for this by the way, I needed a good laugh after dealing with the top melodrama.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

War update is there is no war.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    War update is there is no war.
    Leaving room for broad range of topics to not go off topic and upset the Pamshop

Needs to get out more
    1- There could be top sparring partners. Guys that could do better but essentially play a punching bag.

2- Surprise loss by formidable kingdom. With such a grasp on mechanics, tops can make up esoteric reasons for funny farmouts by K-Tel. I've felt underwhelming tactics/strategies in top(ish) war. Stuff I knew wasn't being done. I find the intellects involved too high to buy that these were poor decisions. - edit: reasons? Pick a fight and let them win. Fight Club 101.

3- I've already gone over the Magellanic Cloud of feeder kingdoms. I'm still a fan because imperious dominion is cool in its own way.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 12-01-2017 at 00:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    In my experience I have witnessed BB, Emeriti, CR, Spartans, and FS all fund the warring tier. Sometimes there are more complex deals or exchanges involved and sometimes they simply .donate presumably to curry favor down the road. I even see warring tier kingdoms fund each other on occasion. Most every known kingdom on the server is involved in donating or receiving and it makes both top and warring play worse. The only innocents in my view are the ghettos that lack some combination of skills / friends / knowledge, they have no leverage and I doubt they could broker one of these deals even if they tried to.

My opinion is that this practice became really wide spread after pyro and cr made land dropping so public by messaging the entire server each with their own sales pitch. Pyro blew the cover on the shady dealings but the response from the server was that everyone started to do it more instead of working to abolish it. I think the arms race really ramped up in the warring tier after CR essentially funded a warring crown for spartans while sending acres back to CR.

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    If the Cappo is fluffy it a panda. I think Bart actually made a post last age about harboring Pandas after the deal break.
    Pandas? Tell me more about this, context is good :)
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    In my experience I have witnessed BB, Emeriti, CR, Spartans, and FS all fund the warring tier.
    FS whored grand total of one age, and it didn't fund anyone.

2Utopian seems pretty spot on there.

@Brickwolfman - Pandas aka Pandamonium aka Simians VI (The Half blood prince). Once a noble band of savages roaming the countryside, they got DB'd by Jesters blocking most likely for a very behind Sparta, after the DB and war to get their acres back sparta noticed Pandas to vulture them. Sparta wins and wants more acres, so Pandas farms out to the rest of the top before sparta could hit them. Eventually they make a CF deal, but pandas players defect from kd and hit sparta, and the remaining players in the kd break cf and DB to hit sparta. That is what a panda is.

So on the funding, whether it is a week prior, a month, or an hour it shouldn't matter. But funding into a conflict should definitely be actioned. If you're going to action a kd for funding 1 hour before a notice you should action any kd that makes any deal involving GC. Drawing absolutes is the only way to prevent the grey area imo. And my 2 cents, CR vs TBB, CR had done a tactical withdraw and the reengage was 100% happening, that was an ongoing conflict. This deal with CR sparta, if the GC funding had stopped prior to notice I'd actually be inclined to side with CR/Sparta BUT it doesn't look like that happened.

Forum Addict
    Funding gc for acres is BS, I've never ever done that leading. All these new kids in the past 5+ ages spoiling ****.

Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    Funding gc for acres is BS, I've never ever done that leading. All these new kids in the past 5+ ages spoiling ****.
    Not sure Octo is a new kid. Or anybody in CR.

Regular
    To quote the ToS:

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion.
    &
    Fair & Honorable Play
    The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game.

Who feels that resource (i.e. gc/runes) funding in any fashion from one kd to another for any reason goes against what both of these sentences stand for?
    Since administration likely won't do anything about it, how about we just stop allowing it as a community and we can avoid this issue entirely?

Who's with me? BSA where are you on this?

Unsure of this situation but if Hawk is intent on it, BSA will look into it.

BSA for life
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Thread Information