Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing: Runes Supply. Last Seen: Age 69.

Post Fiend

Missing: Runes Supply. Last Seen: Age 69.

i'm writing from a warring kd perspective. I knew runes would be hard to sustain in long wars the moment I read the changes to science. It probably feels worse compared to last age because I played elf heretic last age, (elf had the tower bonus instead of fae last age, and heretic had the refunds).

ANyway, this isn't just complaining... I promise... I like that the game changes and presents new challenges. So I have some strategy questions to discuss:

How do you guys compensate for the higher tower cost: Where do you take the land room for more towers? Or do you just not bother with certain blanket spells? Do you have a rogue bank them? A mystic cow produce them? (thats a cool image haha).

Would like to hear good ideas or just a range of approaches...

Regular
    During the last war my runes were supplied by the opposition. They all seemed to have high % towers even on attackers!

The issue with one province being a rune farm is *lightening strike*. Cut off the supply from that one cow and you're toast.

In my KD everyone runs 10% towers min. Rogues are expected to run 15+. My build for h/r is:
    30 homes
    6 farms
    16 tds/guilds/forts/towers

My BE at the start is ~95%. Usually I aim for -90% losses on the TDs so if my BE is bad I would put some more there. Also I start with 100k stockpile - enough to make full FB run or full paradise run - depends what I will need in the hostile.

Post Fiend
    Well we did get a 5% increase in be science which should help. Also having 200% food means saving 5% land pretty easily so that can be the extra land for towers. I'm mystic bad yes 20% towers is annoying, but it's ok, sure I'd like them more readily available but part of strategy I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by feast View Post
    Also having 200% food means saving 5% land pretty easily so that can be the extra land for towers.
    I'm planning to put that extra space in homes :).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzilla View Post
    i'm writing from a warring kd perspective. I knew runes would be hard to sustain in long wars the moment I read the changes to science. It probably feels worse compared to last age because I played elf heretic last age, (elf had the tower bonus instead of fae last age, and heretic had the refunds).

ANyway, this isn't just complaining... I promise... I like that the game changes and presents new challenges. So I have some strategy questions to discuss:

How do you guys compensate for the higher tower cost: Where do you take the land room for more towers? Or do you just not bother with certain blanket spells? Do you have a rogue bank them? A mystic cow produce them? (thats a cool image haha).

Would like to hear good ideas or just a range of approaches...
    Made a deal with Spartans. They have big stockpiles of runes on 3 zero thief provinces.

I'm running 20% towers, 8 raw wpa, faery mystic with maxed science.

Having difficulties keeping MS on on more than 5 provs with:

* The number of failed attempts which is ridiculous - I have to say I dont understand what im doing wrong if my 8 raw wpa fails 2 out of 3 attempts on bloody 2-3 raw wpa attackers!!!
    * With the shortage of runes (constantly running out) i would say im utterly useless province sitting there getting MS on a couple of opponents and thats about it. Then waiting for next tick only to fail another attempt at MS and to have to wait for the next tick...
    * The fact that MS duration varies greatly i've had runs where i get it on on those 5 opponents only for 4-5 hrs each, although sometimes with ideal nw conditions it randoms to 8-9, its rare though i would say, average would be around 6-7 hrs
    * To bring in the thief aspect as well then with 40% homes i am also on 4 tpa raw with maxed science. So obviously everyone runs 10-15% WT these days so my thieves are useless failing probably 7 out of 10 times on Riots for example killing around 50 thieves per fail... so i have stopped using the thieves altogether as it just doesn't work.

Never again playing mage, this is just utterly pointless, not even sure what elf mystic would be like with rune problem plus also a mana problem to tackle.

8 raw wpa fails 2 out of 3 attempts on bloody 2-3 raw wpa attackers!!!

Don't assume someones wpa.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    I think Elf/my has impressed me 10* over fae this age. You really seem to need at overwhelming WPA. When everyone in the server has max sci at year 5, getting more than double wizard production, every attacker and their dog has 6mwpa.

I think the lack of runes and the constant struggle with low mana during wars is enough of a hurdle to avoid mages running amok, now having to deal with the high wpa of attackers and hence failed spell attempts it just renders the t/m role utterly trivial

Bo To, thank god for saying something and having the same problem....I have 8 wpa and 5 tpa raw, max channeling sci, and the amount of failures are insane this age. I am currently in war trying to rob gcs and runes from attackers that have grown 50% in war i was 2/17 this morning. It's like we have an invisible sapphire drag or oping someone in fortified. Casting against orc/feary, I am getting 50% spells reflected. Against attacker, I am lucky with 1/3 ms attempts landing. That is 3 hrs worth of rune production trying to land 1 spell that varies from 6 hours to maybe 10 if I am lucky. Good luck keeping blanket ops on anymore while casting self spells. Barely keep greed on everyone let alone MS. Don't get me wrong, even with 8 raw wpa vs fat attackers, I don't expect to always get 100% or even 50% with MS attempts, but with the huge hit to runes this age, how are you supposed to keep up with fails like that. After 48 hours, each kd is so strapped for runes you can't even find them to rob.
    I am at the point that I need to turn off wizard training, the boost to training was nice, but by mid age you don't need it, so you are sitting on science that is only half useful.

reflects are independent of WPA, just FYI. Same deal with CS
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Sorry man, but in my eyes 'lower rune production' just = 'figure out a new strat'. I like the constant shake ups - they change how I play every age and keep it interesting.

PS - A faery mystic with maxed sci, MF, and baron honour = 30mwpa. So you should be able to cast easily and consistently on anyone <8mwpa. You can cast on much higher wpa provs, but you will start failing progressively more.

For maths: if these attackers you are casting on legitimately are at 3rwpa (max), and maxed (sage) sci for the sake of the argument, then they are on approximately 9mwpa. You should be successful the majority of the time. So something doesn't quite add up. Either their mwpa is far higher (did you check?) or your numbers are far lower (how's your sci? Are you using Mages Fury?)
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

If you are failing that many spells then you should convert to attacker. All Fae should be attackers this age. Help your attacker mates.

Thread Information