Thread: Suggestion: Keep Suggestions threads longer/indefinitely

Postaholic

Suggestion: Keep Suggestions threads longer/indefinitely

It's annoying when I post a suggestion with lots of input/discussion early-mid age and the suggestion is gone from the forums by end of age when the suggestions are actually looked at more in-depthly (for age changes).

My suggestion is that suggestion threads do not "dissapear" from the forums after X amount of time, like they do currently. Keep them indefinitely or at least the length of 1-2 ages. That way we can use a search function or look back, so people don't make the same suggestions over and over and over.

Cheers

We don't remove threads, I am not sure what you mean?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Lol @ this thread.

Pretty sure you need to be logged in to view pages 2 - Infinity of Bug & Suggestions

You cant go further back than 3 pages. (At least thats how it is on my side)

I can see back to the beginning of the forum. Maybe you have threads displayed to only show threads X days old?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Go back out to the suggestion forum. Down the bottom, thread display options.

Post Fiend
    There's a setting for Default Thread Age Cut Off in your user settings.

Postaholic
    Ah, gotcha. OK well I set it to beginning.. but I didnt even know about that functionality and it didn't happen to any other Forum Group... Is it some sort of default setting? I know I wouldn't have changed it manually, unless somehow fat fingered some random buttons that did it back in the day. I wonder if it is set that way by default for new accounts?

Post Fiend
    I think the suggestion forum has a different 'default' setting than the others.

Postaholic
    Update: It looks like all the "Sub-Forum's" are fine, and set to show posts from the beginning of time, but the ones in the "technical" section are automatically set to be "Last Month" of posts. This should be changed for new accounts to automatically be set to beginning.

Also, can the "technical" sub-forum be removed and just have suggestions, bug reports, etc all showing with the main list of Sub Forums. Basically have all the forums showing on the main page (without having to click the "Utopia" button to expand to show them all. Would be easier for newer players to find the suggestion forum, and could also fix this issue where it is automatically set to be last month of posts.

Thread Information