Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remove honor destroyed in war by anon

Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Still.. the changes to anon weren't supposed to completely change the landscape of honour crown, it was supposed to make it so good warring kingdoms couldn't land drop way down to get wars against "less good" warring kingdoms. Also to help prevent as many intentional farmouts to friendly kingdoms.

It would be like if they changed exploring so that it was not accessible to the top half (in acres) of the kingdom, preventing banks from exploring, and then also made changes so that land gains oow against kingdoms more than 5% smaller than you in land are 0, and kingdoms smaller than you have regular gains against you. It is a change, and kingdoms would have to adjust to the change, but it doesn't mean we can't question that change and ask if it is a desired direction of the game owners to have such a drastic change in the crown landscape.

Many people play this game as a warring game. That is the fun they have when they play. So yes, adapting is of course good, and required but to change honour in such a massive way will frustrate a lot of players (not to mention making War Hero, traditionally NOT a whoring kingdoms personality of choice, which is fairly useless, even more so).
    Why use anon if you don't want to destroy honor? It is 1 spell and it has uses. But you can choose to use alternative strategies. Your opponents might use anon to spite you, but hey, it's a 'war game' to so many people, and all fair in love and war right?

If only there was a war crown.. That way kds could war and crown without caring about honor....

Perhaps honor kds should be a thing again. Put an end to the notion of warring kd = honor kd. Which is itself relatively new. Honor crown was usually won by warring but not all honor kds were not war kds.

Especially now with ww chart? Should warring kds get both? 'whoring' crowns are (essentially) by design almost always won by a single kingdom.. Not true with the 'warring' crowns... Maybe they don't have so much in common, particularly now?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Why use anon if you don't want to destroy honor? It is 1 spell and it has uses. But you can choose to use alternative strategies. Your opponents might use anon to spite you, but hey, it's a 'war game' to so many people, and all fair in love and war right?

If only there was a war crown.. That way kds could war and crown without caring about honor....

Perhaps honor kds should be a thing again. Put an end to the notion of warring kd = honor kd. Which is itself relatively new. Honor crown was usually won by warring but not all honor kds were not war kds.

Especially now with ww chart? Should warring kds get both? 'whoring' crowns are (essentially) by design almost always won by a single kingdom.. Not true with the 'warring' crowns... Maybe they don't have so much in common, particularly now?
    I think your argument is flawed.

Honor should not be destroyed IN WAR by anon. Plain and simple. 99.99999% of people agree. I think you're just disagreeing purely for argumentative sake.
    BLUE your my boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    I think your argument is flawed.

Honor should not be destroyed IN WAR by anon. Plain and simple. 99.99999% of people agree. I think you're just disagreeing purely for argumentative sake.
    I'm disagreeing because there is no reason it shouldn't be destroyed except that it is something you don't like.

You can't adapt to resource changes in a resource based strategy game. What are you playing for?

Enthusiast
    I'm disagreeing because there is no reason it shouldn't be destroyed except that it is something you don't like.

You can't adapt to resource changes in a resource based strategy game. What are you playing for?
    Give one good reason why it should be destroyed "IN WAR".

And why Raze doesn't destroy land IN WAR when it does outside. It's a resource too but it is different in and out.
    BLUE your my boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    Give one good reason why it should be destroyed "IN WAR".

And why Raze doesn't destroy land IN WAR when it does outside. It's a resource too but it is different in and out.
    There is no reason it 'should' or 'should not' be. It just is. It just is. Live with it and adapt your strategies accordingly. Maybe it will stop bring destroyed in war. Maybe it won't.

You're the one demanding a change, whereas I'm simply criticizing your reasoning.

Why dont you explain why it shouldn't be destroyed in war? Why is that 'wrong'?

Strategy Moderator
    There is no reason it 'should' or 'should not' be. It just is. It just is. Live with it and adapt your strategies accordingly. Maybe it will stop bring destroyed in war. Maybe it won't.

You're the one demanding a change, whereas I'm simply criticizing your reasoning.

Why dont you explain why it shouldn't be destroyed in war? Why is that 'wrong'?
    The reasons for a change is "i dont like it the way it is right now" any other "Reason" is used to justifty that position. Im sure emeriti likes how it is now because they are going to triple crown and could make an arguement to justify the way it is right now.

As for "why is it wrong" besides it being less fun the way it currently is that t/ms use honor to help modify their #'s. It seems stupid that when you WIN a war your kd could be drastically punished by losing all its honor w/out any way to recoup it (say b2b war, or leting it go to an attacker thats easy to op next war and then honor whoring off them). It takes away from the strategy of the game when you have no controll over a resource other than....sory your an orc/undead kd i wont war u unless u agree to no annons? Similar in concept to "fog" outside your controll to mess with you that serves no vast balancing mechanic

That is in contrast to all other mechanics in the game the honor is currently the only thing that when lost in a kd it can simply be "gone" w/out a way to recoup period.....that is one could argue science=abduct, land=explore/attack, wpa=repump, honor =grow then your to big? It is unique that way and the old mechanic that when you win war honor typically just gets shifted around in a kd v LOST was more fun...more fun is better
    Last edited by Persain; 23-02-2017 at 00:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    The reasons for a change is "i dont like it the way it is right now" any other "Reason" is used to justifty that position. Im sure emeriti likes how it is now because they are going to triple crown and could make an arguement to justify the way it is right now.

As for "why is it wrong" besides it being less fun the way it currently is that t/ms use honor to help modify their #'s. It seems stupid that when you WIN a war your kd could be drastically punished by losing all its honor w/out any way to recoup it (say b2b war, or leting it go to an attacker thats easy to op next war and then honor whoring off them). That is in contrast to all other mechanics in the game the honor is currently the only thing that when lost in a kd it can simply be "gone" w/out a way to recoup period.....that is one could argue science=abduct, land=explore/attack, wpa=repump, honor =grow then your to big? It is unique that way and the old mechanic that when you win war honor typically just gets shifted around in a kd v LOST was more fun...more fun is better
    There is no 'too big', though. Growth should be a goal for every kingdom. The only reason it isn't is because they don't want to compete with people better than they are in what is essentially and open world mmorpg. They want the game to be easy for them, and have no interest in challenging themselves.

This entire thread is ironic as **** since it was abuse of the honor system via land drop that caused these changes that destroy honor in and out of war.

I'll agree with you with regards to T/M's though. There should be a more effective way for them to recoup honor when it's lost. Unfortunately things like ops rewarding honor oow have all been greatly abused and thus nerfed.

As for the 'fun' of it. I can't really say either way. I still miss raze destroying land in war sooo

Scribe
    Not crying, I won everything I wanted to win in this game bar that stupid 7 day auto win.. that’s still eluding me :(
    I went along with the current possibilities for the large kds to honor whore safely, hitting smaller kds should just give less honor imo, as there should be an upperlimit as well. Forces the big kds currently using spread sheet mechanics not available to smaller kds due to lack of resources or possibility to stash those resources.

Your warring kds refuse to improve argument made me LOL :) The main difference being that the couple of kds going for size every age get NAPs with another asap and only very defined wars amongst another, so as long as you cannot/do not enter that inner circle they will prey on you with several kds at once. And then tell you its bad play or lack of quality. I mean for heavens sake you guys come begging us for a NAP age after age, because you want to sit on billions on gc at 1 TPA and no WTs and noone stealing it, because it is war prep time.. aka 2 weeks growth and pumping before you finally do a modest 7 hits. wait for the other to give the button and then spank one and another :) But once you feedwave a kd at 60-80% your size, right into their war prep (24h from declaring often) you play innocent, say sure we will stop hits but conveniently miss the last answer, stalling 12-16h for another round of free hits. Dont get me wrong I respect your skills in growing and I know what it takes to optimally use the math skills.. just the rest is a bit meh :) and I can see the frustration of folks with trying to get honor the way it used to be (warring) and now facing big bullies NW dropping single provs to whore their hard fought honor, which is even harder to get with the anon and razes destroying honor.

Also in respect to just 1 crown: I am game but lets make a proper crown ranking then ffs, combined overall in land, ww, nw and honor, lowest total ranking score is the crowning kd of an age.

Scribe
    why turn a triple crown into something easy or at least easier? That devalues the achievement. I guarantee if Emeriti wins triple crown this age, in later discussions everyone will note that it wasn't a real triple crown.
    But besides that, the reason it was changed was to prevent land dropping. In a war there is no land dropping. If there is, it's a fake war and needs to be actioned.
    Anon already has a penalty built in so there is no reason to penalize it twice, or 3 times if you take into account that the hitter doesn't get honor and the defender loses honor.

Post Fiend
    There is no way anyone can justify an anon attack should take honor away from the defender. It should be taken from the attacker. Remove the land nerf. This way you choose to destroy your own honor, and if you want to do that in war, it's your choice.

As far as land dropping, I don't see what the problem is. Let people land drop up to 20% during eowcf into separate explore pool that's cheaper to explore from. This keeps the warring KDs where they want to be in a lot less time and hassle giving them more time to do what they really want to do.

Thread Information