Thread: Remember when tradmarch took barren first?

Post Fiend

Remember when tradmarch took barren first?

Well how the heck does it work now?

Seems to me (but I'm not sure hence this question) that attacks take barren+built first, and in-progress only when there's no barren or built to take. Is this the case or am I delusional?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolzly View Post
    Well how the heck does it work now?

Seems to me (but I'm not sure hence this question) that attacks take barren+built first, and in-progress only when there's no barren or built to take. Is this the case or am I delusional?
    You are correct afaik. Attacks take barren + Built (on a somewhat equal % afaik), then in-progress. So if you are 1k acres, and have 200 barren, 300 built, and 500 in progress, If you get hit for 100a it would take 40 barren land, and 60 built acres. I haven't tested, but this is my experience.

For quite a while it's been a decent strategy for attackers during the ebbs and flows of acre exchange to not build 100% of their barren land (unless needed for overpop). This way you actually retain the bonusses of your built buildings longer.

The other little known fact is that when you get razed in war, or use tornadoes, you can actually "re-demolish" the same barren land. So if you have 1k acres and get razed for 250 buildings, now you are 250 barren, 750 built. So they raze you again. Again it tells them they razed 200 buildings.. but instead of you now being 450 barren and 550 built, it takes 50 of those 200 buildings from the "barren land" stack, and removes its buildings.. effectively telling you it is removing buildings from an empty acre. I wish it told you actually how many acres of buildings were turned into barren on in-war razes, tornadoes and arson. Greater Arson is fine because you target a specific building, but anything that targets generally "all buildings" tends to include barren land within that all buildings.. Which has got to be an oversight.. right?

Post Fiend
    Thank-you for the speedy response jmeidema :)

I was aware of the raze/tornado targetting.

I don't think the way they work is an oversight, tho I agree they could make the 'gains' messages indicate the actual amount of buildings destroyed and not the amount it would have been if you had 100% built.

Post Fiend
    Follow-up here, since I am actually logged in when getting hit... I am in fact losing in-progress buildings :P Turns out I am delusional (and you too I guess, jmeidema).

Enthusiast
    On raze you won't lose the in-progress building. But on trad march, it makes sense to lose those buildings, right?

Post Fiend
    Makes sense, ya... I just thought I had observed something different (for some reason it seemed like the in-progress buildings were being left untouched).

Having it confirmed I walked away thinking "alright, I learned something", but then...

So I just figured I'd come back and post my findings, if you can call them that :P

I remember

Yes

Thread Information