Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did ABS use KDs to block or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I like to post

Did ABS use KDs to block or not?

Just to keep the other thread on-topic. I have nfi what ur talking about but it must all be recent enough to be relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Just to keep the other thread on-topic. I have nfi what ur talking about but it must all be recent enough to be relevant!
    Of course they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Ofcourse it's not recent enough to be "relevant", abs died a whole bunch of ages ago and what they're talking about is even longer back than that.

But yes they did. Abs would always make sure that cf's expired staggered so that a kd would be forced to fight whichever cf expired first and then they all took turns vulturing. It's why Anri tried the whole "notice everybody" thing, of course that blew up in his face which was to be expected given that it's Abs we're talking about and ****playing was often the norm, just look at the whole AMA v Sanct & Havoc mess, that's where the absolutely retarded 24h of no hits == no active conflict comes from.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Ofcourse it's not recent enough to be "relevant", abs died a whole bunch of ages ago and what they're talking about is even longer back than that.

But yes they did. Abs would always make sure that cf's expired staggered so that a kd would be forced to fight whichever cf expired first and then they all took turns vulturing. It's why Anri tried the whole "notice everybody" thing, of course that blew up in his face which was to be expected given that it's Abs we're talking about and ****playing was often the norm, just look at the whole AMA v Sanct & Havoc mess, that's where the absolutely retarded 24h of no hits == no active conflict comes from.

Burner the Anri thing is not a good example for staggered cfs as he wouldn't have been able to notice 3 kds at once had the cfs been staggered. The whole debacle was 100% Anri's fault and nothing to do with Abs. Anri noticed all 3 kds, retracted notice with Rage, when notice expired Sanc hit Simians cow and was preparing more hits when Anri decided to wave out of that and hit HOH who was not involved in fight and made zero hostile actions towards him. Why would you ever wave outside of a conflict is beyond me....

Regular

Yes, those were the times. : )
    https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/w...b55f1d5aa.html
    This message is hidden because Korp is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because tak3shi is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Lemans is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because Snamel is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because home.alone is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because FS Best KD in the World is on your ignore list.
    This message is hidden because xXxFoBxXx is on your ignore list.

Sir Postalot

This isn't entirely true. Yes abs blocked, as ASF said so did aabs at times. But I've played two ages that I can think of where we finished first, abs finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th (maybe even 5th) and they didn't vulture. Most of the AMA v Sanct v Havoc mess and Anri mess was caused by Elit and Anri not timing their CF deals properly. I've certainly ****ed up CFs as well (its hard to do right every age, or some ages you just don't get the leverage to get what you want), so I'm not saying I'm perfect either, but I'm saying it is possible to avoid getting vultured. This is probably the #1 mistake most people in the top make. Just this age, I think BB's CF's with their 3 main competitors all expired within a week or 10 days of each other.

Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top. Probably 66% of the ages its possible to do this, with the other 1/3rd something happens where you can't get what you want as far as timing. Its much easier these days with less kingdoms to navigate.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-02-2017 at 04:13.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top.
    Will you write a guide for me? :)

Abs was a strategy based alliance. Everything - from it's council foundation, to it's mission statement - was strategic.
    That does not equate to **** play, necessarily. (And I know not, for I left early)
    Last edited by Panthira; 18-02-2017 at 04:17.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Abs was a strategy based alliance. Everything - from it's council foundation, to it's mission statement - was strategic.
    That does not equate to **** play, necessarily. (And I know not, for I left early)
    The first part and the second part don't really have anything to do with each other. An alliance of incredibly skilled players that's brought together for strategy can still do some pretty underhanded and downright dirty ****. I'm not saying Abs was a dirty alliance with dirty kingdoms (at least not dirtier than any other kingdom), but to suggest that abs was clean because they were good is sillier than Simian's triple notice.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    This isn't entirely true. Yes abs blocked, as ASF said so did aabs at times. But I've played two ages that I can think of where we finished first, abs finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th (maybe even 5th) and they didn't vulture. Most of the AMA v Sanct v Havoc mess and Anri mess was caused by Elit and Anri not timing their CF deals properly. I've certainly ****ed up CFs as well (its hard to do right every age, or some ages you just don't get the leverage to get what you want), so I'm not saying I'm perfect either, but I'm saying it is possible to avoid getting vultured. This is probably the #1 mistake most people in the top make. Just this age, I think BB's CF's with their 3 main competitors all expired within a week or 10 days of each other.

Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top. Probably 66% of the ages its possible to do this, with the other 1/3rd something happens where you can't get what you want as far as timing. Its much easier these days with less kingdoms to navigate.
    The first thing i told Binar after Petrified abandoned PewPew in ruins, and he took over with me helping him, was to put up cfs with the top kds with no closer then two weeks apart, having the strongest ones being the longest. That is how we managed to come back from a lost war vs Pyro and zero crown chances (that is why we got the cfs we wanted, we werent a threat to anyone) and would had crowned if not for the PewPew meet in Norway and giving BB the extra time to prep rather then jump them with a big advantage. Setting your cfs up with the right timing is everything in todays Utopia.

But it is all good now since Binar got the crown i always wanted him to have, any many many more <3

Edit;

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I think people hated Abs cause they were good and solid, structured and organised. Everything a Cheese alliance was not.
    Korpovic nailed it
    Last edited by Shai; 18-02-2017 at 05:25.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Post Fiend
    i played in one of those blocking kds for a short time. had the luck to random into flame of abs. was thrown under the bus twice and then i defected.
    so yes blocking happened. on both sides (when there were actually alliances to counter abs. but i have to admit. abs was a league of their own in diplo and stacking cfs to benefit their alliance)

Strategy Moderator
    Yes. So did aabs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What a incredibly weak response. C'mon ASF, you're better than that.

How about "Yea we blocked. Is there something wrong with allies helping allies?"

Yes they did and thats why people hated ABS
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Yes they did and thats why people hated ABS
    Is all in past. Now ppl hate you :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Is all in past. Now ppl hate you :P
    They dont though. Cause we dont use blockers, we dont ****play and we dont hit into wars.
    Emeriti plays/played cleaner then any crowning kd I can think of** :) You should try it sometime Elit
    Last edited by Binar; 17-02-2017 at 20:44. Reason: **After i joined
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Thread Information