Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did ABS use KDs to block or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    They dont though. Cause we dont use blockers, we dont ****play and we dont hit into wars.
    Emeriti plays/played cleaner then any crowning kd I can think of** :) You should try it sometime Elit
    This is good edit of after you joined. #FeyrPlay

Elit play is most clean play all other dirty spear lies
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Ofcourse it's not recent enough to be "relevant", abs died a whole bunch of ages ago and what they're talking about is even longer back than that.

But yes they did. Abs would always make sure that cf's expired staggered so that a kd would be forced to fight whichever cf expired first and then they all took turns vulturing. It's why Anri tried the whole "notice everybody" thing, of course that blew up in his face which was to be expected given that it's Abs we're talking about and ****playing was often the norm, just look at the whole AMA v Sanct & Havoc mess, that's where the absolutely retarded 24h of no hits == no active conflict comes from.
    This isn't entirely true. Yes abs blocked, as ASF said so did aabs at times. But I've played two ages that I can think of where we finished first, abs finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th (maybe even 5th) and they didn't vulture. Most of the AMA v Sanct v Havoc mess and Anri mess was caused by Elit and Anri not timing their CF deals properly. I've certainly ****ed up CFs as well (its hard to do right every age, or some ages you just don't get the leverage to get what you want), so I'm not saying I'm perfect either, but I'm saying it is possible to avoid getting vultured. This is probably the #1 mistake most people in the top make. Just this age, I think BB's CF's with their 3 main competitors all expired within a week or 10 days of each other.

Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top. Probably 66% of the ages its possible to do this, with the other 1/3rd something happens where you can't get what you want as far as timing. Its much easier these days with less kingdoms to navigate.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-02-2017 at 04:13.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top.
    Will you write a guide for me? :)

Abs was a strategy based alliance. Everything - from it's council foundation, to it's mission statement - was strategic.
    That does not equate to **** play, necessarily. (And I know not, for I left early)
    Last edited by Panthira; 18-02-2017 at 04:17.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Is all in past. Now ppl hate you :P

the smartest thing those abs guys did in a long time was to make binar their leader. would say difficult for anyone to hate him. he has put a new spin on things.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Abs was a strategy based alliance. Everything - from it's council foundation, to it's mission statement - was strategic.
    That does not equate to **** play, necessarily. (And I know not, for I left early)
    The first part and the second part don't really have anything to do with each other. An alliance of incredibly skilled players that's brought together for strategy can still do some pretty underhanded and downright dirty ****. I'm not saying Abs was a dirty alliance with dirty kingdoms (at least not dirtier than any other kingdom), but to suggest that abs was clean because they were good is sillier than Simian's triple notice.

Forum Fanatic
    I think Bart is really happy, this post he started just took off. Nostalgia is alive and well.

This isn't entirely true. Yes abs blocked, as ASF said so did aabs at times. But I've played two ages that I can think of where we finished first, abs finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th (maybe even 5th) and they didn't vulture. Most of the AMA v Sanct v Havoc mess and Anri mess was caused by Elit and Anri not timing their CF deals properly. I've certainly ****ed up CFs as well (its hard to do right every age, or some ages you just don't get the leverage to get what you want), so I'm not saying I'm perfect either, but I'm saying it is possible to avoid getting vultured. This is probably the #1 mistake most people in the top make. Just this age, I think BB's CF's with their 3 main competitors all expired within a week or 10 days of each other.

Identify your competition, stagger them no less than 2 weeks (preferably 3 weeks) apart is probably the best advice I can give anyone who wants to play in the top. Probably 66% of the ages its possible to do this, with the other 1/3rd something happens where you can't get what you want as far as timing. Its much easier these days with less kingdoms to navigate.
    The first thing i told Binar after Petrified abandoned PewPew in ruins, and he took over with me helping him, was to put up cfs with the top kds with no closer then two weeks apart, having the strongest ones being the longest. That is how we managed to come back from a lost war vs Pyro and zero crown chances (that is why we got the cfs we wanted, we werent a threat to anyone) and would had crowned if not for the PewPew meet in Norway and giving BB the extra time to prep rather then jump them with a big advantage. Setting your cfs up with the right timing is everything in todays Utopia.

But it is all good now since Binar got the crown i always wanted him to have, any many many more <3

Edit;

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I think people hated Abs cause they were good and solid, structured and organised. Everything a Cheese alliance was not.
    Korpovic nailed it
    Last edited by Shai; 18-02-2017 at 05:25.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    the smartest thing those abs guys did in a long time was to make binar their leader. would say difficult for anyone to hate him. he has put a new spin on things.
    Agreed. Most of the brilliant players in Emeriti have a less than stellar rapport with their top counterparts.

I'd say Binar adds polish to an otherwise flawless machine, like Vger in the first Star Trek movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3yVzfns77Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post

Its pass a lot time and its not like we ever discuses our CFs so you got it wrong. AMA had set all his CFs during this age very good with 2-3 weeks difference every CF expire. Same was for CF with Sanctuary and Havoc. We had 3 weeks difference Cf with Havoc and Sanctuary so its was all well. Problem is how you know TOP wars often start very slow and during this age ABS+HoH was all KDs in top so Sanctuary choice to play his hostile very slow. Its take over 7 days and its was one from main reason they loss his war. We had 8-10 rogues and going 7 days hostile is not best plan. After it Jdorje got mad for "us" using some bug about steal his money when he run 0 WTs in his setup and used Havoc Cows for intra alliance gold feed during hostile. When war start its take few days. After it Sanctuary WD and we had 4 days post war. Our CF with havoc expired around 0-1 days after we are out from post war. So you cant say our Cfs was bad. Just all hostile/war take so long and still if ABS/Sanctuary didn't choice to team play vs us we had easy win war vs Havoc. 4 days post war+48h notice is ENOUGH time to prepare when we had bigger cows and bigger core and Havoc was not close good to Sanctuary. So all mess was result from ABS power play us because they can and no one can stop them.

Its why i never had so much respect ABS kds alone. Only Sanctuary was decent KD. They had strong alliance team, but if alliance fail in charts all Kds fail too. You cant see one age when 1 ABS are high in chart and rest are low. This show clear they cant go solo when here is strong competition.

BTW when all mess start here was 2 ppl offered me help. Anri/Simians and Elurin/Cats. I don't remember ever you or Prot to PM me and ask if we need help for all ages we was ally...
    Last edited by Elit; 18-02-2017 at 07:25.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I think Bart is really happy, this post he started just took off. Nostalgia is alive and well.
    I am always happy! I think you people need a proper platform to talk about days past, I just think that it has no place in topics about current affairs! >:D

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I am always happy! I think you people need a proper platform to talk about days past, I just think that it has no place in topics about current affairs! >:D
    Who defines what is current and past affairs? You?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post

BTW when all mess start here was 2 ppl offered me help. Anri/Simians and Elurin/Cats. I don't remember ever you or Prot to PM me and ask if we need help for all ages we was ally...
    Regarding the unquoted part - If you know your CF expires at a certain time, you can't allow the hostile to drag for 7 days, even if it helps you win that war better, because it will cost you the age if you can't prep for the next fight. Max meter should be 3 days max unless you play it super slow yourself, although there may have been stupid fortified rules which drug that out longer. But once fort drops, if you know someone is coming up, you gotta just make your strategy to get into war and blast blast blast to give you the most time to prep for the next fight.

On the quoted part:

I remember having the guy who now owns the game yell at me for weeks for dealbreaking him solely to help you one age. He was rather pissed at me for it. Good memory you have.

Most likely if we didn't help the age Havoc hit you it was because abs was 1/2/3/4 and we had no chance of winning. If you haven't noticed, when I decide to start drama, I like to win, unlike the rest of aabs that spent 10 years losing when they fought back from some ****play.

However I do remember the age after that spending the next basically year of my life specifically hunting CR and basically being the best blocker any kingdom has ever had as I spent like 3 ages basically blocking all your threats trying to get you a crown. I recall taking on fratzia/sleepy as pumped avian sages when your setup couldn't deal with them one age, and I recall b2b'ing CR another age in a similar situation where your setup couldn't have handled them.

If you somehow can't remember that, I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me the bad ally between the two of us, because there is no other kingdom in utopian history who has done more to help another kingdom try to crown than BB trying to help AMA. Well except for the weaker abs kds that'd let Rage/Sanc talk them into blocking for them age after age.
    Last edited by flogger; 18-02-2017 at 08:41.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicus Lex Non Scripta View Post
    Who defines what is current and past affairs? You?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Just an fyi I have images blocked so whatever your response was I have no response to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicus Lex Non Scripta View Post
    Just an fyi I have images blocked so whatever your response was I have no response to this.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information