Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plague from bounces

Plague from bounces

can undead give plague from a bounce ? want to KNOW so if just guessing don't reply pls lol

Yes, any attack has a risk.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Yes, any attack has a risk.
    I'm almost certain that ambushes and bounces can not give plague.

Post Demon
    Bounce cant plague, dont waste your generals.

Post Fiend
    Full penetration hit from undead can only give plague :)
    Marmite, you either crave it or loath it

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    I'm almost certain that ambushes and bounces can not give plague.
    ambushes can give plague...stupid mechanic that I don't think makes sense but it happens(happened to us that's why I know)

bounced cannot plague you

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuncher View Post
    Full penetration hit from undead can only give plague :)
    not true. you can get plagued when you hit them, when they hit you..as long as it isn't a bounce...on all attack forms

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    not true. you can get plagued when you hit them, when they hit you..as long as it isn't a bounce...on all attack forms
    Full penetration meaning an undead successfully breaks you, or you successfully fully penetrate an undead :)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuncher View Post
    Full penetration meaning an undead successfully breaks you, or you successfully fully penetrate an undead :)
    Which would also mean that Conquest can't plague? I thought Bounces and Conquest couldn't plague.

Veteran
    Bounces and conquests don't plague. I dunno about ambushes.

Edit: I assume the reason bounces and conq don't plague is cos it's too easy a mechanic to just be silly with, and plague is super powerful. UB enemy t/m prov in war? Easy, just have your uds 1 sol bounce to try plague him. 1 sol and 1 gen causing -15% DME on any province, any time is a mechanical ****show.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Fiend
    Ambushes can plague if you ambush an undead or a non undead who has contracted the plague :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I was avoiding answering because I wasn't 100%, but since this thread turned into a giant mess of speculation, I guess I'll chime in.

I'm fairly certain I remember the plague being adjusted so that contraction rates were modded by how much you bounced with. So a bounce with 50% needed to break would have 50% less likelihood of spreading the plague. I don't remember that mechanic ever being changed.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I was avoiding answering because I wasn't 100%, but since this thread turned into a giant mess of speculation, I guess I'll chime in.

I'm fairly certain I remember the plague being adjusted so that contraction rates were modded by how much you bounced with. So a bounce with 50% needed to break would have 50% less likelihood of spreading the plague. I don't remember that mechanic ever being changed.
    That is definitely how it works for adding points on the meter when bouncing. I don't recall ever seeing one of our undead that bounced giving plague to the defender, or any conquests giving plague to the defender. Could be wrong, just never seen it.

Scribe
    from guide: Any time your army meets an infected army from another kingdom, you risk contracting it.

If that hasn't been changed then it does mean you can catch it on every attack from and into an undead and with a lower chance from and into a carrier. So bounces would be included. What we don't know is how high the probability of contraction is. I have not seen plague on bounce I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    from guide: Any time your army meets an infected army from another kingdom, you risk contracting it.

If that hasn't been changed then it does mean you can catch it on every attack from and into an undead and with a lower chance from and into a carrier. So bounces would be included. What we don't know is how high the probability of contraction is. I have not seen plague on bounce I don't think.
    It's still a possibility. I don't see any reason why it would exclude bounces, since even a bounce means you met an army.

Thread Information