Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plague from bounces

Post Demon
    Its been confirmed many times over, only successful attacks can spread plague. Wording in guide is incorrect.

When I played undead last age the only time I inflicted someone with plague was during a Trad March. I used conquest alot as it was part of a strategy I was playing around with. I also believe the undead losses were set to normal during conquest hits vs normal hits. I have gotten plague by attacking a province that had been infected. I haven't seen a bounce inflict someone before but it could be similar to hostility meter in the way the probability works.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

By the way..remember when Orcs used to carry the plague? Those were the good ol days
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Enthusiast
    They still do.... when they are first infected by a UD and then attacking to spread it to others :P

Regular
    The guide used to read:

The Plague
    The Undead are a unique race of creatures who carry a rare disease known in Utopia simply as The Plague. Each time an Undead province -- or any province infected with the Plague -- successfully attacks or is attacked by another province, there is a small chance they will transmit The Plague to that province. While infected with The Plague, the province will have no population growth. Due to illness, your military will have trouble defending your land and tax collection will be hampered (-15% Military Defense; -15% Tax Collection). The Plague will naturally be cured, on average in 10 to 12 Utopian Days -- at most, no more than 1 Utopian Month. The Nature's Blessing spell also has a chance of curing the plague from all your lands.

Now it reads:

The Undead carry a rare disease known simply as The Plague. Any time your army meets an infected army from another kingdom, you risk contracting it. The Undead are highly contagious, and spread the plague easily, whereas the chances of contracting it from any other race are greatly diminished.

Makes me think that it is possible now.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I was avoiding answering because I wasn't 100%, but since this thread turned into a giant mess of speculation, I guess I'll chime in.

I'm fairly certain I remember the plague being adjusted so that contraction rates were modded by how much you bounced with. So a bounce with 50% needed to break would have 50% less likelihood of spreading the plague. I don't remember that mechanic ever being changed.
    This^^ This is the first age I have not played Undead in ages. Raze bounces, Conqs, bushes, trads, abducts, plunders, you name it. The chance to flu your opponent increases ratio of offense:defense sent; your chances of dropping the flu on a 1 soldier bounce is close to nil, same attack with 51% is greater, 75% even better, send 104% for best chance. Next question.

_DM <3

Just to muddy the waters a bit, I have seen logs of DavidC saying bounce doesn't give plague. Then again, he also told me human's wpa penalty didn't used to affect self-spells (spoiler alert, it did).
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

Enthusiast
    bounces used to be able to give plague, whether they still can, who knows
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Thread Information