Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munkbot help

Postaholic

Munkbot help

Hey, there are lots of munk botters out there, and just looking for some assistance. I've been running munkscript fine for last couple years at least on my Desktop. Lately it changed to where when I load the script, if i navigate away from the page I'm on (like clicking on throne page again) it unloads the script. This happens for every new page I go to.

When this happened a few weeks ago, I was told to Click on the "Ajax Navigation" in munk preferences. So I did that and it worked fine. But now It happened again, and when I went to munk preferences it says "Ajax Navigation DISABLED FOR DESKTOPS"

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue lately and what have they done to fix it?

Does it have something to do with ads? because If so, I dont mind having ads, but If I have to reload the script every new page i go to, or op i do... then that is not fun when leading a war and/or op wave.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Hey, there are lots of munk botters out there, and just looking for some assistance. I've been running munkscript fine for last couple years at least on my Desktop. Lately it changed to where when I load the script, if i navigate away from the page I'm on (like clicking on throne page again) it unloads the script. This happens for every new page I go to.

When this happened a few weeks ago, I was told to Click on the "Ajax Navigation" in munk preferences. So I did that and it worked fine. But now It happened again, and when I went to munk preferences it says "Ajax Navigation DISABLED FOR DESKTOPS"

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue lately and what have they done to fix it?

Does it have something to do with ads? because If so, I dont mind having ads, but If I have to reload the script every new page i go to, or op i do... then that is not fun when leading a war and/or op wave.
    Munk was asked to disable ajax navigation so he complied. Thanks Obama... i mean... El Jeffe

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    Munk was asked to disable ajax navigation so he complied. Thanks Obama... i mean... El Jeffe
    and apparently block ads, cuz damn its fun looking at that ad blocking all the ops on espionage pg
    -Gurch

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    and apparently block ads, cuz damn its fun looking at that ad blocking all the ops on espionage pg
    Im more partial to the ad that blocks the submit button when you try to send a mail or post in the kd forum.

Needs to get out more
    CR is about to wave you. Button up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    So yeah -- I've been in contact with Jeff&Dave and they've explained to me how the current implementation of munkbot and ads do not work together. Using munkbot effectively blocks ads being refreshed (so while you will have one on the first load - the ads will never get refreshed while script is on, and so the revenue is very minimal).

The game can only have a chance of seeing resources allocated to improving it with the revenue ads bring -- so I am happy to try to comply with their request while trying to have the munkbot users interest at heart.

I've just pushed a new change which basically allows for ajax navigation but it will 'force' a refresh every 2 minutes on desktop and 7 minutes on mobile. I believe that will make it almost unnoticeable for users with greasemonkey/tampermonkey and keep it bearable for those manually using the bookmark method. While this still leaves a lot to be desired, I am in contact with the new owners and if they change the way their ads work, then I can maybe bring back 100% ajax navigation while allowing for ad revenue. So there is hope :)
    Last edited by munk; 21-02-2017 at 22:13.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:10.

Administrator
    I would like to confirm that the alterations that have been seen in MunkBot have been at our request. We hope that all MunkBot users will understand from our point of view the reduction (or near elimination) of ads by the script poses significant detriment to the business of Utopia. We also want you to know that the user experience is very important to us and in no way desire to hinder a users ability to play the game from any device. The previous developers had spent some time and effort with their ad service to produce ads that followed the theme and also were not intrusive or obstructive to natural gameplay. Our ad service has not yet been implemented although we expect this very soon. As with any major changes, like this, there will be some growing pains. We want to continue in kind as Sean and Brian had tried to keep the gameplay element at the forefront of all our endeavors. In this respect we will have to test certain options that are available. During these times all feedback is welcome so that we may adequately judge what works and what does not work.

As Munk previously alluded, we are working on a strategy that will allow us to conduct the business of Utopia much more efficiently and provide a better game experience for all users, not just MunkBot users. We hope to roll this out in the first few days after our ad service begins.

Again I'd just like to reiterate that we hope you all understand that from our perspective the MunkBot script was essentially an ad-blocking mechanism, which we could not allow to continue as it was. Munk has been very receptive to our request and implemented his revisions promptly. In order for us to continue to offer Utopia as a free to play game (which we intend to forever) we do need the support of advertisements or the purchase of Ad Blocking via credits in the Shop. Without these tools to provide the necessary revenue to run the game, Utopia will surely perish. We encourage everyone to support the game they love by tolerating the experimental struggles we may endure in the coming weeks while we work on ideas we feel will generate that necessary revenue and create a better user experience within the game environment through some unique strategies we feel will be most beneficial for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support of Utopia, and some of the great minds that have offered so many tools to enhance the gameplay experience as Munk, among others, have done.

Postaholic
    good post david and munk, i think you should trone room this msg ingame so that none forum players also read it.

Munk should probably inform his own customers somehow. It's not really the admins's duty, they can of course if they want to. Just saiyan.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Munk should probably inform his own customers somehow. It's not really the admins's duty, they can of course if they want to. Just saiyan.
    I've been pushing out IRC messages from bot, but I guess many people might have missed them.

I'll look into some kind of message.

Postaholic
    ye i saw the msg from the bot, thx munk.

So how do you get ahold of someone to get into munk? Like set up a kd in munk

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria View Post
    So how do you get ahold of someone to get into munk? Like set up a kd in munk
    Contact munk?

Must just take a bit to get ahold of them than

Thread Information