Thread: New Server Type Suggestion

Post Fiend

New Server Type Suggestion

I could be wrong, but it seems that the war tier is the largest contingent in the game. I suggest a new server that caters to the war mongers out there. It is drastic.

It could run like this:

Instead of running through an entire age, there would be speed rounds. Individuals are randomly assigned to a KD AND a race/personality type. Two Kingdoms will be formed at the same time and their "age" will start at the same time. The first few days will be in protection but the tick time will work 2x as fast. At the end of those few days, the two KDs can begin hostilities toward each other. The age will end either after one KD is defeated(NW%?) or at a set time.

Races and personalities would be similar to WoL. Mechanics would be basically the same as well.

The major difference would be in time and KD make up.

All of this was hastily thought out and I'm very open to change, but there are a few things I love about this idea:

One, I like that idea of being forced to try out different race/personality combos and working in tandem with other randoms.
    Two, short "ages" like this would allow more players to step in and out of utopia without the sometimes grinding commitment of so many weeks.
    Three, it eliminates the hassle inherent in finding wars.

It does take away from the camaraderie of long time teammates, so perhaps you have a team(15-25?) that stay together and sign up for a start time.
    It could be run with more than 2 kds that have access to each other. Four might make for an interesting king of the hill type scenario.

We did something like this before and it was pretty fun. The new devs already have plans to launch a Genesis server for testing mechanics so you can play on that are try things out and hopefully they will add in a Great Utopian War server every once in a while.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Interesting twist to include might be that ONLY the winning KD has the option of staying together for the next round to defend thier crown.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBDuDe View Post
    Interesting twist to include might be that ONLY the winning KD has the option of staying together for the next round to defend thier crown.
    That could be fun.

Post Demon
    What Genesis is comming back? So excited, that was the only server where you could compete on almost even ground with everyone else. I soloed there so much I ended up dropping the regulair server when BF got decomissioned.
    Furthermore I think Carthage should be destroyed and Dryads brought back to the game

Post Fiend
    More and more I want this.

Two to four kds get one week to pump then war.

Everyone gets random race /personality combos.

Post Fiend
    I've been scanning through the forums and saw more suggestions for a tournament type server. I'd still love to see one that paired kds off to war, gave a set amount time (1-2 days?) of prep and gave everyone random race/personalities.

It'd be fun to try and figure out how to leverage each race/pers strengths then execute the war.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    I've been scanning through the forums and saw more suggestions for a tournament type server. I'd still love to see one that paired kds off to war, gave a set amount time (1-2 days?) of prep and gave everyone random race/personalities.

It'd be fun to try and figure out how to leverage each race/pers strengths then execute the war.
    I mentioned on our last AotS that this functionality is 2nd on our priority list at the moment so we do expect to have these options available to us in the short term. Although I'm not keen on the idea of giving people random race/personalities since I feel that may detract from the Utopian environment of predictability/strategy/planning. Once we have the functionality built into our system I assure you we will have a Genesis style server and at least one additional server for tournament style gameplay to provide something for everyone.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Thread Information