Thread: Revive the Utopia Blog

Revive the Utopia Blog

Bring back the utopia blog and use it as a platform for admin/owners to give insight into current issues/ideas/topics and linking to a thread in the forums perhaps where users can give their own feedback.

You could just use the announcements forum for this and link to suggestions like you do with the age changes so long as it has high visibility. E.g. high visibility links to blog/news posts which link to the utopia front page / link to the game update section in the throne page. But i think it is worth having a blog page devoted solely to the purpose of content discussion directed by the administration.

Its a good way to show that there is stuff going on behind the scenes while at the same time engaging wih the player base.

One good example of a simple blog post off the top of my head is discussing potential age changes before implementation. I imagine developers have an idea of what things they want to tackle in age changes and roughly how they would like to go about them. Perhaps if they were to blog about their thoughts, we as a community can then direct our suggestions such to bring about innovative and positive outcomes/ideas.

Thats just one thought. Many ways you can take this. Take a company like blizzard which i know differs vastly in their available resources but that aside they excel at community outreach both via using the aforementioned blog style discussion as well as other avenues such as engaging the community in their respective subreddits etc.

One thing that pleases me greatly is that the new owners are themselves hardcore players so they are in touch with elements of the player base. I think it would be great if we could share in each other's experiences to enrich this game that we all love.

Forum Fanatic
    Alot of newer players would i think read the blog alot more than the forums also

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

There have been worse suggestions.

I approve of this. I often click on the blog link accidentally and I'm always sad to see nothing new. I also actually use it as a quick link to the age changes.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Thread Information