Thread: War start bug / delay

Post Fiend

War start bug / delay

Hey there,
    We declared war on another kingdom today. When I hit out just after declare the war bonus hadn't kicked in. My 1st army is well slower and got lower gains than the second army. And no, theres no added hours (lower gains on 1st hit) or QF muck-up (1st army slower too).

It appears theres a delay for the war bonus to kick in. Bug ?
    Declare was around 22nd or so. Server was beyond ffin slow (and oops like 80% the pages?).

Regards,
    NighT

Post Fiend
    Same thing happened to me. Attacked maybe 1-2mins after declare, first army return time is 2h longer than second when hitting the same target.

A similar delay exist with CFs. Sometimes you can hit immediately after a CF.

Doesn't seem like there is a simple fix for this as it is not new. Just something to know and to take into consideration when planning hits.

Hitting out from war is a stupid move. Hitting out right before war, prolly means you are doing a nice fake war.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Folle View Post
    Hitting out from war is a stupid move. Hitting out right before war, prolly means you are doing a nice fake war.
    Pretty sure he is talking about hitting the kingdom they are at war with.

I think it's normal for some war boni, for example protection from outside hits, to slide in over a period of either 12h or 24h.
    How much time was between the first and second hit and did a tick happen in between?

Edit: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...=Relations#War
    Says -10% attack time immediately and -20% after 12h. Also it takes 24h until there is no attack time penalty for hitting a distant island.

If the island penalty is big enough those two effects together could explain the difference assuming at least one tick happened between attacks.
    Last edited by TommyB; 28-02-2017 at 17:12. Reason: Link added

we'll take a deeper look at this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Pretty sure he is talking about hitting the kingdom they are at war with.

I think it's normal for some war boni, for example protection from outside hits, to slide in over a period of either 12h or 24h.
    How much time was between the first and second hit and did a tick happen in between?
    For mine, very close together. Was playing from phone while walking from car to building. We declared <10mins before tick(our planned declare time) so I could make my hit on time and with war bonus. I was hitting oonw range with 0 rax on the same target(I think attack time would have been 16.21h oow, can't confirm), back to back with only an SoT taken between hits. No tick between hits.

I noticed later in the day my first army was coming home about two hours after my second.

Post Fiend
    Sorry, forgot to reply here:

I declared war (steward), went to war room. Pushed to attack (1 minute in between declare/hit tops). Hit was 2 hrs slower compared to the follow up hit I made 30 seconds later (on same target). Obviously it was against the kingdom we're warring (and the hits were in war, for sure as I pushed to war before hitting).

Forum Fanatic
    I believe this is a "known issue" with relations changes due to changes S&B made a few ages back.

You see the same thing with CF breaks - short delay before you can interact.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    I believe this is a "known issue" with relations changes due to changes S&B made a few ages back.

You see the same thing with CF breaks - short delay before you can interact.
    I think maybe these "known issues" should perhaps be listed in a clearly marked and available location... you know... since we are trying to attract new people to the game and all.

Forum Fanatic
    like using a search function

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Thread Information