Thread: Fireballing/ Kidnapping Overpop Kd Mates

Regular

Fireballing/ Kidnapping Overpop Kd Mates

For non-undead attacking races without townwatch,

Is this thing practiced amongst the warrier tier during war?

or is this a concept that is just too impractical / waste of resource/ absolute gibberish ?

Postaholic
    We don't do it, but our attackers are usually overtrained and running very little peasants start of war anyway (and dont grow pez very high in war).

Seems like there is room for it to be a valid strategy once you hit a certain amount of peasants. Throwing storms on them could be good too, if there are several ticks before their armies come home.

They would need to have quite a lot of peasants though to be worthwhile.

I know after doing a homes pump (high homes you run prior to war to overtrain, and then raze them just prior to war) we have had provs mess up and overpop themselves over 115%, so we have intra fireballed them to make them not desert before. But that is prior to war where you can recoup the mana before it matters, T/M stealth/mana is precious in war so you would really have to look at the cost/benefit of it.

Scribe
    if it's hitting time and they are already close anyway maybe. Otherwise I don't think it's worth it. Somewhere between honor loss, use of stealth/mana/runes, loss of thieves on provinces that still need them it'll be cheaper to release something they probably won't need short term and feed them to replenish when they need it again.

You wouldn't lose honor as a KD, intra ops transfer honor, not demolish it.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There's a few problems

1. Assuming the province has been chained and are currently overpopping, their wpa will likely be formidable unless they were sitting on absolutely nothing in the first place and the nw-difference would come into account too. Even for dedicated mages with pumped WPA, it wouldn't be a sure thing that your spells would just land.

2. Going along with #1, you've got better stuff to do with your mana in war, generally speaking. It's not especially hard for a province to manage his overpopulation.

3. As others have alluded to, an attacker that's trained up shouldn't be sitting on TOO many pezzies in the first place, at least in a war setting. If this is a problem you're running into you might want to work on getting your attackers properly trained up (a little easier said than done in the warring tier, but should still be standard you try to match)

Release the wizz and FB away

Scribe
    its not a planned strategy, but there have definitely been situations that lined up to where it was quite practical to FB a mate

Strategy Moderator
    This can be a good tactic if the overpop'd province has low wpa/tpa or will release wiz/thieves. It can be useful to keep wizards though since you can also get rune aid to LL acres and reduce overpop that way (as well as help with damage spells.)

Enthusiast
    Congrats 1000 posts!

Do intra spells and ops have a penalty during war? Times I've tried intra kidnapping in the past to try and help overpop, it seemed much more difficult and much less effective than expected. If so, seems like wpa would need to be extremely low for FBing to work well; TPA falls to 0 sometimes though.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 03-03-2017 at 00:03.

Strategy Moderator
    This has been a longstanding question (particularly with respect to intra kingdom mv in war.) The answer I've heard is that no, there is no penalty.

This exact thing happened to me earlier this age. Had ridiculous Offense and got chained immediately from 1800 to 400 acres or so right at war declare with armies out from hits that started hostilities (So my gains were small relative to hits on me). Released all thieves and defense and still needed to drop. Rather than lose leets, i released half wizzies and took 5-6 FBs. Was high success low effect however, but reduced the time I couldn't hit from 4-5 ticks to 1. Also saved a fair amount of leets from desertion and possible death from any hits with them in.

Thread Information