Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the game sucks for low tier

Post Fiend

Why the game sucks for low tier

Saruman Took my runes () invaded Andes () and captured 186 acres of land.

arl Ferdinand Braun () invaded WatchOutForFireballs () and captured 199 acres of land.

Fridtjof Nansen () invaded WatchOutForFireballs () and captured 182 acres of land.

Wizzrobe Ate My Spellbook ) invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 179 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 90 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded GreedyAss () and captured 112 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 101 acres of land.

Saruman Took my runes () invaded GreedyAss () and captured 288 acres of land.

Sparky () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 147 acres of land.

Lava Hound () invaded Miro () and captured 224 acres of land.

Beartic Beep () invaded Hardcore Bonespear Pindlebot () and captured 307 acres of land.

Sparky () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 145 acres of land.

All in a 4 day window while searching for war and then tagged hostile. Real pieces of Shiiiiieeeeet out there. Needless to say we got dumpstered in war because economy was in the dumps. moon was at 189 peasants. Game is so flawed where being bottom fed by a kingom 4x larger than your own can get such good gains on a kingdom thats in hostile. This is why kingdoms quit left and right. This Bull isnt fun

Edit - Emiriti was the only kingdom to reply and accept a cf. Thank you
    Last edited by RollinHammer; 03-03-2017 at 23:53.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post

You are welcome :)
    Last edited by Palem; 04-03-2017 at 00:19.
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You know if you build a reputation of a kingdom that won't just lay there and take it this happens much less often. Also, you're complaining about 12 hits over a 4 day period? That's 3 hits a day. That's actually less than I would expect in a random low-tier kingdom.

You do have my sympathy with the hits ruining war though. I've had my fair share of wars get totally screwed up because of some hits before war starts. It's very discouraging but you can either get mad or you can try to take action to make sure it doesn't happen more.

Enthusiast
    Saruman Took my runes () invaded Andes () and captured 186 acres of land.

arl Ferdinand Braun () invaded WatchOutForFireballs () and captured 199 acres of land.

Fridtjof Nansen () invaded WatchOutForFireballs () and captured 182 acres of land.

Wizzrobe Ate My Spellbook ) invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 179 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 90 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded GreedyAss () and captured 112 acres of land.

Jake Fizzles Fo Shizzle () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 101 acres of land.

Saruman Took my runes () invaded GreedyAss () and captured 288 acres of land.

Sparky () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 147 acres of land.

Lava Hound () invaded Miro () and captured 224 acres of land.

Beartic Beep () invaded Hardcore Bonespear Pindlebot () and captured 307 acres of land.

Sparky () invaded Moon Shadow () and captured 145 acres of land.

All in a 4 day window while searching for war and then tagged hostile. Real pieces of Shiiiiieeeeet out there. Needless to say we got dumpstered in war because economy was in the dumps. moon was at 189 peasants. Game is so flawed where being bottom fed by a kingom 4x larger than your own can get such good gains on a kingdom thats in hostile. This is why kingdoms quit left and right. This Bull isnt fun

bin has been exceptional leader of emiriti no doubt. however to be fair that is not reason you lose the war your opponent took a much worse beating from bb and others

Everyone starts at 400 acres
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Everyone starts at 400 acres
    i can't be the only one looking for you to end there as well.........

Post Fiend
    is it too much to ask to just enjoy the game as it could be palem? the game is an amazing showing of strat vs strat. activity vs activity and its so discouraging to go into it with your faeries absolutely decimated. Crunch to say thats not the reason is just retarded. Faeries on pure defense compared to their humans and dwarf attackers being hit. Yeah its the exact same when each gets hit... .... more dots ....

Enthusiast
    sure in a vacuum but the other kd got hit from all sides too and bb over pop many of them. this is common occurrence happen to everyone nearly every war except perhaps the top 7 or so. and it has been happening as long as i can remember. if those are the only hits it really does not seem bad at all

Post Fiend
    the ones i linked were on the faeries only. left out all the randoms on attackers. would be 10x longer but it doesnt help my point about bottom feeding being an issue. attacks on attackers was from even sized kingdoms or small or larger but it wasnt someone twice as large hitting in

Enthusiast
    well there are only 3 kd in the top in the last 10 or so ages that probably wouldn't do this and that is emeriti under bin leadership. my experience when bin was not there i never got a cf until my kd was destroyed, coss kd or back in the day fratzia and old bb with flogger certainly not bb as it is now. so you have quite a battle on your hands if you are looking to change this. since all kds in your range have same problem it kind of evens things out.

Needs to get out more
    Don't listen to anyone big tell you anything.

These guys CF each other and thus don't target each other. Again i'll offer this: build to top feed.

You enjoy war and you don't bother top kingdoms. I like a little war and I don't bother top kingdoms either. But I do know that retaliation is key and most of the time I'm operating out of a garbage strat. There's no defense so forget about that.

Couple ages ago I was running a dwarf cleric and we got waved. Nobody hit me for the majority of the wave and none of my kingdom mates retaliated. It was sad to see. Well they got to me and I immediately hit back vs one of theirs that was just getting home. I cast warning spells but the second attack occurred so I cast explosions and greed and ambushed the first attack. They grabbed intel and I ambushed the second.

What I wanted them to understand is that these are my acres. I didn't go full ballistic because I understand what they're doing. I'm not opposed to the practice but I will always retaliate if it's me. I can't abide a kingdom decision to capitulate vs the greatest challenge facing the kingdom. Top kingdoms should be prized opponents and all other agendas dropped to engage them.

You see, I'm not trying to compete in their world but if they find it in them to compete in mine I think it's only right to welcome them. They are better than us in so many ways so why deprive ourselves from learning; to see what they do and how.

Curiosity and the spirit of adventure will outlast fear and anger. We should play freely and not in a vacuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    i dont disagree at all strat only issue was it was on faeries and due to the size break up there is absolutely nothing i can do except ask for them to stop and never recieved a msg back. Will remember this and it will come back to bite them when they are must vulnerable.

Needs to get out more
    Lets explore the rhetoric designed to ignite a reaction. These people aren't dumb; maybe morally inept, but not dumb.

One of them said that your opponent took more damage from BeastBlood.
    - This was said to make you feel like a whiner. The one saying such things is morally challenged and lacks inner depth.

Another said we all start at 400 acres.
    - This was said to make you feel inferior as a player. The one saying it is likely an elitist who feels worth is birth.

You'll note that none of them offered to teach you how to play. Only the champion stepped away and CFd.
    This is not a game for those with thin skin, true.

You won't find time to seek revenge, but you do have time to be a danger if messed with. You will not get mutual respect from a bully, you must enforce it. The tops will leave if the price is too high and if they don't that's what alliances are for. Many nice people reside in these kingdoms so don't let the vocal ones piss you off.

Frankly this isn't the place for honest anger because the majority of utopia forum members are from top kingdoms. Thry might pat each other on the back but will never sympathize with a smaller kingdom. Trust me in that anger is wasted energy. Be prepared and act accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

the ones i linked were on the faeries only. left out all the randoms on attackers. would be 10x longer but it doesnt help my point about bottom feeding being an issue. attacks on attackers was from even sized kingdoms or small or larger but it wasnt someone twice as large hitting in
    There are only even, smaller, or larger kingdoms...
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Lets explore the rhetoric designed to ignite a reaction. These people aren't dumb; maybe morally inept, but not dumb.

One of them said that your opponent took more damage from BeastBlood.
    - This was said to make you feel like a whiner. The one saying such things is morally challenged and lacks inner depth.

Another said we all start at 400 acres.
    - This was said to make you feel inferior as a player. The one saying it is likely an elitist who feels worth is birth.

You'll note that none of them offered to teach you how to play. Only the champion stepped away and CFd.
    This is not a game for those with thin skin, true.

You won't find time to seek revenge, but you do have time to be a danger if messed with. You will not get mutual respect from a bully, you must enforce it. The tops will leave if the price is too high and if they don't that's what alliances are for. Many nice people reside in these kingdoms so don't let the vocal ones piss you off.

Frankly this isn't the place for honest anger because the majority of utopia forum members are from top kingdoms. Thry might pat each other on the back but will never sympathize with a smaller kingdom. Trust me in that anger is wasted energy. Be prepared and act accordingly.
    very nicely and accurately put.
    RollinHammer it's true that it happens a lot, that does not make it okay. Hitting into an active hostile isn't cool. If a smaller kingdom did it to a top kingdom they would cry bloody murder, postpone the war and have the kingdom actioned.
    Just ignore the people trying to put you down here in the forums. Every post like this raises the possibility that some day something will change :)
    Meanwhile hang in there and have fun anyway ;) no better revenge than not throwing in the towel

Thread Information