Thread: Anything but UD

Regular

Anything but UD

So for next age if changes hold, it seems as if a ud core will be the way to go for a warring kd.

So I'm interested in seeing what strats you guys may have for kd builds that aren't ud core or designed to combat a ud core.

Few more pieces to add to the scenario:

Kd size: 23-24 man
    Highly active kd

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Post Fiend
    12 Orc Warrior
    2 Dwarf/Mystic
    2 Human/rogue
    2 Elf/Mystic
    2 Halfer/Rogue
    4 Fae/something

but this is without thinking about it very much

UD wont be strong until mid-age tho
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

8 Orc/WH
    7 Orc/Tact
    5 FA/Heretic
    2 FA/Mys
    3 FA/Rogue

*Based on 25*
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Needs to get out more
    I always post The Virtual Kingdom as an overall strat that's part strategy and part pageantry.

Pageantry plays into kingdom cultural identity as a means of unity and longevity. That's a cold assessment but I'm illustrating it that way because we have so many coldhearted players; I'm inclusive.

Strategically, The Virtual Kingdom template offers every strength and weakness available. Two of the five Virtual Kingdom divisions are designed to interact vs undead core. The remaining three are spearhead divisions designed to disable t/ms, but can easily be reassigned to core control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

> So I'm interested in seeing what strats you guys may have for kd builds that aren't ud core or designed to combat a ud core.

UD cannot survive Ambushes with +Casualties since they can't pump elites.

16 Avian Cleric (No stables means you can run whatever really for builds, including 15% barracks)
    4 Halfling Heretics ( NS / NM army home will completely break UD. As will deep chains. )
    2 Halfling Mystics (This may seem odd but with CS gone, Halflings are going to be better at preserving rWPA against Rogues. You only really need to MS attackers you plan to shell anyway tbpfh.)
    2 Faery Rogues (+40% Op damage > 1% Stealth/Tick if you run a Rogue to do AW runs )

This is based on 24 and it will completely eat Undead that don't anon. If they Anon, an Avian is going to deep chain a helluva alot better than an Undead. (~4.75 attacks in terms of gains vs ~3.75 with Undead running Anon)

Throw in some Dwarfs instead of Avians depending on activity. (i.e. People who are going to 2x/day should run a Dwarf PA)

Veteran
    Something along the lines EvilEndures says. Maybe switch avian cleric to avian tact. Avian/tact with 20% hospitals will have similair losses reduction as cleric. Avian/cleric with 20% rax will have similair attack times as avian/tact without rax. So choice is more about accurate intel + clear sight vs plague immumity + animate death

Yeah. Avian/Tact is a realistic option but I think Avian/Cleric gives the most flexibility in builds since you will always need 20-25% Hospitals as Avians if you don't run Cleric & (tbh) I don't think many KDs have 16 people able to handle Avian Tact with ~6-7 hour attack times.

25 Halfling/Rouge

So much stealth, Can open up targets with raze the props would be lethal.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by justinj6686 View Post
    25 Halfling/Rouge

So much stealth, Can open up targets with raze the props would be lethal.
    Dwarves. all Im gonna say.. dwarves.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    UD wont be strong until mid-age tho
    Because their high sci penalty the longer the age the weaker they will become. Getting elites won't matter when you are behind in every category. And next age unds probably will need to get something in production :).

Regular
    Seems it's actually gonna be the age of avians and halfers. So far they have the most. Wonder if this thread had anything to do with that lol.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Undeads need to protect their elites a lot and with 1 Def they are so easy to hit army home.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Well in war it's as simple as anon (to protect leets from bush). And with the honor loss being taken off anon, I imagine this means a lot more anons and a lot of attackers (particularly wh) to gain more honor which will create a different dynamic.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJoe View Post
    Well in war it's as simple as anon (to protect leets from bush). And with the honor loss being taken off anon, I imagine this means a lot more anons and a lot of attackers (particularly wh) to gain more honor which will create a different dynamic.
    Only for a short time anyways, once u get razed/chained and resources being stolen u wont be able to anon all hits.

Thread Information