Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So whats point of playing TM now?

So whats point of playing TM now?

Seems pointless since even heavy attackers can run enough tpa u cant be effective against them and plenty of wpa to make u ineffective also? Im running 8raw wpa, max sci and i fail like 7/10 spells on pretty much every attacker i go after these days. So i try to op them with thieves...running 10raw tpa 20% tds and max sci....fail at least 6-8 outta every 10 ops. On targets running 0 tds and 0 watchtowers. just seems like its pointless to play tm if every attacker has become highly immune to tms as it is. Science has basically screwed over TM;s very hard, before attackers had to work at getting a decent defence against TM's now 3 days into the age they are like like way better then the old hybrids ever was, able to run 200opa and enough 10tpa 8wpa pretty easy and not even be worried.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Raged0411 View Post
    Seems pointless since even heavy attackers can run enough tpa u cant be effective against them and plenty of wpa to make u ineffective also? Im running 8raw wpa, max sci and i fail like 7/10 spells on pretty much every attacker i go after these days. So i try to op them with thieves...running 10raw tpa 20% tds and max sci....fail at least 6-8 outta every 10 ops. On targets running 0 tds and 0 watchtowers. just seems like its pointless to play tm if every attacker has become highly immune to tms as it is. Science has basically screwed over TM;s very hard, before attackers had to work at getting a decent defence against TM's now 3 days into the age they are like like way better then the old hybrids ever was, able to run 200opa and enough 10tpa 8wpa pretty easy and not even be worried.
    The problem this age was that wizard production was added to science making pumping wizards much easier. That combined with the high science income that let everyone max science very quickly made life hell for tms this age.
    For next age wizard production will be guilds only again and the distribution of scientists will be slowed down, that means people will have to make a choice where to place their scientists.

Ya just not fun trying to get MS on a attacker running 200opa but still able to run 6-8mod wpa just seems like the devs did a really bad job of balancing around the new science. If u able to run that kinda opa, u should basically have a nonexistant wpa/tpa. But this round attacks dont sacrifice anything, insane offence,defence tpa and wpa

Scribe
    Ya just not fun trying to get MS on a attacker running 200opa but still able to run 6-8mod wpa just seems like the devs did a really bad job of balancing around the new science. If u able to run that kinda opa, u should basically have a nonexistant wpa/tpa. But this round attacks dont sacrifice anything, insane offence,defence tpa and wpa
    sometimes you just gotta try out new things or life would get boring. Utopia isn't perfect and if Utopia hands you lemons , you make lemonade. Once you figure out that your original mission isn't something you can accomplish, find something you can do. Be a support player for example. Aid your kingdom mates to make them stronger than the opponent. Run an offense for support attacks such as razes and massacres. Anything is better than doing nothing.
    And delight in the fact that this age is almost over and new challenges lay ahead.

Needs to get out more
    One reason is to use one aspect of attacking to achieve all 3: marching, ops, sabotage.

In the past breaking certain provinces required strength of ops(meteors, etc) or sabotage(AW, NS). While marching may've achieved dominant status in this regard it can now be considered the venue to open the other 2. By concentrating support in all 3 aspects of province breaking you offer yourself the best chance at victory from a warring standpoint.

Goodwitch mentioned the other reasons if you live by the 'war is won before it's fought' idiom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    Lot of bs claims there op

OP, what race are you? If you're playing fairy, you can't be surprised at your difficulty because you have no innate bonuses to WPA or TPA.

Are you asking for help to improve your skills or just venting?

Im a fairy with 8raw wpa max sci. And 10raw tpa with 20% tds and max sci. And i fail 6-8 outta 10 ops on a undead/orc who are at 2000acres and 350k networth, so there nwpa is horrible but they can still have so much wpa and tpa cause sci is so broken and easy to get. How can u justify a orc/undead having 200+opa and enough wpa tpa to stop a faery from getting ops off on them on a fairly constant basis.

Basically they can break anyone they want, but are also very well protected from tm's just becuase of sci being a joke.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    For the love of Mehul people, it's faery.

Carry on.

Needs to get out more
    Help him Zauper, I see you.

My tactics are kitchen sink stuff. If I couldn't break them with thieves or wizards I'd attack. Don't laugh, it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I'm playing h/r full t/m. The only reason I'm failing ops is because the enemy has tons of wts and/or CS. With spells after some aw nothing is too difficult :).

Given that everyone can max science, and faery has no innate bonuses to WPA or TPA, you really don't have that much more TPA/WPA than any decent attacker. That's the drawback of faery. If you wanted to cast meteor showers, you should have gone Elf. Regarding theivery ops, do you know how many theives to send? You're likely oversending, which leads to failure + dead theives. I'm running Human/Sage w/ max science, but only 3 raw TPA. I have no trouble kidnapping/robbing vaults from other attackers. I can night strike some people with really low TPA.

Director of Age Changes
    Supporting your team.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Strategy Moderator
    From the final changes announcement:

Scientist Recruit rank reduced from 6 hours to 3 hours
    Scientist Spawn rate lowered slightly
    Magic Science will no longer increase Wizard Production
    Approximately +50% Scientists will be required to reach maximum effects (We want there to be a strategic choice as to what science effects you have by reducing the spawn rate & increasing required scientists to reach max)
    Revelation will increase scientist spawn rate by 30%, down from 100%
    Revelation duration will be lowered

These changes along with sage being weakened should allow a specialized thief/mage to have better success.

Thread Information