Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So whats point of playing TM now?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    From the final changes announcement:

Scientist Recruit rank reduced from 6 hours to 3 hours
    Scientist Spawn rate lowered slightly
    Magic Science will no longer increase Wizard Production
    Approximately +50% Scientists will be required to reach maximum effects (We want there to be a strategic choice as to what science effects you have by reducing the spawn rate & increasing required scientists to reach max)
    Revelation will increase scientist spawn rate by 30%, down from 100%
    Revelation duration will be lowered

These changes along with sage being weakened should allow a specialized thief/mage to have better success.
    This ^^^^

Science might actually have a place in the game this age since not everyone will have max sci by year 4. This will mean that T/Ms who focus thief/mage sci will have significant advantages early/mid game over attackers.

Also, to OPs point, when was the last age when there wasn't a single prince honor rank achieved? That is a little ridiculous, even with the relatively 'short' age this age.

Needs to get out more
    I just noticed you're a mod to. Very cool.

Communication makes....communication, cooperation and opportunity make all personalities and races viable.

Envision yourself a pusher. You have a core of attack addicts. Be the candyman: if they think they have a good time attacking, wait till you try this stuff.

They'll bend over backwards for you. Need a massacre to shower some nightmare? You'd do it for free if you could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chubtubdaplaya View Post
    If you wanted to cast meteor showers, you should have gone Elf. Regarding theivery ops, do you know how many theives to send? You're likely oversending, which leads to failure + dead theives. .
    This.

On top of what everyone else said, you have to be fluid with your tpa/wpa numbers. What worked last age may not work this age. If attackers, like myself, have 13 mod wpa, you need to run more. If they have 10 tpa, you need to run 30. I'm not surprised that you fail a large amount of ops, since a lot of attackers are running super high mod wpa/tpa this age.

What I'm trying to say is just because 10 tpa was enough last age, doesn't mean it is good enough this age. Things vary from age to age and you have to adapt. Our faes and halfers were able to op just fine, because we ran much higher raw number than the "norm".

A lot of those issues should be fixed next age, as ASF said. But keep in mind, you always have to adapt to the game. If you expect to do the same exact things age after age, you won't be very successful.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    On top of what everyone else said, you have to be fluid with your tpa/wpa numbers. What worked last age may not work this age. If attackers, like myself, have 13 mod wpa, you need to run more. If they have 10 tpa, you need to run 30. I'm not surprised that you fail a large amount of ops, since a lot of attackers are running super high mod wpa/tpa this age.

What I'm trying to say is just because 10 tpa was enough last age, doesn't mean it is good enough this age. Things vary from age to age and you have to adapt. Our faes and halfers were able to op just fine, because we ran much higher raw number than the "norm".

A lot of those issues should be fixed next age, as ASF said. But keep in mind, you always have to adapt to the game. If you expect to do the same exact things age after age, you won't be very successful.

THis is 100% the problem, a attacker running 13wpa, but im sure u still have enough offence to break any1 your size including full defence tm's. THIS IS NOT HOW IT SHOULD BE. Attackers HAVE To have a weak spot just like TM's do. If TM gets hit it hurts abit cause we cant gain land back instantly from a grab, but this age attackers are able to run crap like 13wpa and 10tpa and still run 200opa thats is complete and utterly dumb. Attackers need to a weakess.

And for all u saying op is dumb, look what he just posted 13WPA thats just dumb, in past ages if a attacker got to 13wpa he couldnt break any1 his size cause he sacrifice so much to get it. Not anymore, with offensive numbers like they are, they can run 200opa 13wpa and 10tpa and not even blink a eye while still having 90% BE. As a TM im running roughly 25wpa 30tpa modded and still am breakable by undead orc my size while having hard time maintain 80% BE. And like said, failing ops on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raged0411 View Post
    THis is 100% the problem, a attacker running 13wpa, but im sure u still have enough offence to break any1 your size including full defence tm's. THIS IS NOT HOW IT SHOULD BE. Attackers HAVE To have a weak spot just like TM's do. If TM gets hit it hurts abit cause we cant gain land back instantly from a grab, but this age attackers are able to run crap like 13wpa and 10tpa and still run 200opa thats is complete and utterly dumb. Attackers need to a weakess.

And for all u saying op is dumb, look what he just posted 13WPA thats just dumb, in past ages if a attacker got to 13wpa he couldnt break any1 his size cause he sacrifice so much to get it. Not anymore, with offensive numbers like they are, they can run 200opa 13wpa and 10tpa and not even blink a eye while still having 90% BE. As a TM im running roughly 25wpa 30tpa modded and still am breakable by undead orc my size while having hard time maintain 80% BE. And like said, failing ops on them.
    OP is dumb. He's whining about attackers having high WPA, but fairy has no WPA advantage over any attacker. He can likely cast spells like fireball easily. He's only struggling with hard spells like meteor showers because he didn't pick Elf. Think of it like this- if a fairy could easily cast the hardest spells and ops, there would be no point in going halfling or elf.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
    Also, to OPs point, when was the last age when there wasn't a single prince honor rank achieved? That is a little ridiculous, even with the relatively 'short' age this age.
    This has nothing to do with science, wpa, tms beeing dumb... this is because of the honor gain/attack OOW from topfeeding. You can see that for few ages Honor crown is won by whoring and not by warring. All those TMs who gets close to prince are getting vultured after war easy and ops honor gains oow is not a match to attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raged0411 View Post
    THis is 100% the problem, a attacker running 13wpa, but im sure u still have enough offence to break any1 your size including full defence tm's. THIS IS NOT HOW IT SHOULD BE.
    It isn't how it is. Attackers do not have unlimited space, if their wpa increases their army drops, or they tank their BE and peasants.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    well to be fair bishop he do have a small point, with the heavy tilting of numbers toward offence vs defence its easy for a lets say strong attacking race to keep a high offence / low defence so vs the tm he can still hit them while due to alot of things said here keep a high fail rate vs ops done on him, the tm is defently underpowered vs attackers, and if you dont play in a top kingdom whre focus is to keep the tm bigger then the core then they will be easy taken out.

So even tho he whines alot he is pretty much spot on.

Tm us useless out of war also, something i think needs to be fixed.

Postaholic
    oooh and i forgot the point of tm is, well godness towards your kingdom to help them out, its defently nothing to do with personal goals, as tms cant keep honor, cant keep land (unless in top 3 kingdom) and cant do **** with ops (other then steal) 70% of your age.

Not many of the owners nor the admin play tm so in basic they got no clue they think its fine, buts its far from "fine".

So ye play tm to support the kingdom, take the beating and sit back do nothing most of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    well to be fair bishop he do have a small point, with the heavy tilting of numbers toward offence vs defence its easy for a lets say strong attacking race to keep a high offence / low defence so vs the tm he can still hit them while due to alot of things said here keep a high fail rate vs ops done on him, the tm is defently underpowered vs attackers, and if you dont play in a top kingdom whre focus is to keep the tm bigger then the core then they will be easy taken out.

So even tho he whines alot he is pretty much spot on.

Tm us useless out of war also, something i think needs to be fixed.
    Forts, homes, mil sci and mp+gp stacking were all direct defensive buffs we improved in recent ages. In comparison we haven't modified the offensive buildings in years. I do not buy the argument that t/ms are useless in or out of war. WPA was definetly easier for attackers to get this age sure, and i did warn people that this would be an issue, but its not insurmountable.

Also my point stands, attackers running higher wpa means they are sacrificing troops or peons.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    This age was by far the toughest I can remember as far as casting. frustrating, yes of course, but at no time were our TM's useless.
    I am not sure why or when TMs started wanting to claim a starring role. TMs are support and should be. An important link in the kingdom, but in the end army wins the war.

Regular
    ^^thats last part says it all. Tms are for support. Support your attackers the best way possible. Even if you can't cast certain ops successfully, there's always other that should be easier and still helpful.
    Monarch Bad JuJu age 68

#badjuju
    #vivalakandis
    #gombe

Forum Fanatic
    I remember a few ages ago, we had a mystic that was barely breakable, and got massacred quite a few times on 3k acres such that he couldn't land ops anymore. 4 days later he was 10k acres with 150-200k peons and won the war with the economy he gained from getting massacred.

One of the things that makes utopia interesting is how you respond to changing circumstances.

Post Demon
    Totally agree with the science observation, when max science is no longer a given attackers will not have great science in thievery and magic and thus the t/m's who will max out those categories first will have a considderable edge science wise on top of their tpa and wpa advantage.

Thread Information