Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new owners

The new owners

I have to say I'm already disappointed with what I've seen them do so far in the forum -- "promoting" "Aquaseafoam and Persain" IMO was a mistake, and not a small one.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why do you feel that way?

Strategy Moderator
    What makes you think it is a promotion?

Their doing so makes me question whether the game is unbiased or not. I also feel its unfair to their long time opponents. For those reasons I loose confidence in the game as a whole.

And for the record I've never had a personal issue with either of them.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Their doing so makes me question whether the game is unbiased or not. I also feel its unfair to their long time opponents. For those reasons I loose confidence in the game as a whole.

Isn't one of the new owners a long time opponent of ASF?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Jeff and Dave plan on expanding the player base. Those new players will most likely have questions and those questions will likely be asked in the forums.

Persain and ASF are both members which are very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions and help out new players. That's essentially the point of their "promotion"; To give the strategy forum a bit of "certified" help available and give people some confidence that the advice they're getting is good

Strategy Moderator
    For the record, I haven't actively played for quite a number of ages and while I have given some advice to a specific kingdom, I expect that will also be limited this coming age. I can only moderate the strategy forum so I guess you can keep a close watch on me there to see if I appear biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Jeff and Dave plan on expanding the player base. Those new players will most likely have questions and those questions will likely be asked in the forums.

Persain and ASF are both members which are very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions and help out new players. That's essentially the point of their "promotion"; To give the strategy forum a bit of "certified" help available and give people some confidence that the advice they're getting is good
    Thanks Palem for this post. I waited to post about this because I honestly did not want to. but, I feel like I needed to; and now it is done. I will let actions speak from this point on, and, hope those actions prove me wrong and correct me. I wish no hard feelings with anyone on this topic.
    #magi

Enthusiast
    I have to say I'm already disappointed with what I've seen them do so far in the forum -- "promoting" "Aquaseafoam and Persain" IMO was a mistake, and not a small one.
    How dare they help people with strategy!!

How dare they help new people on understanding the game and how it's played!

PERSAINGATE!
    BLUE your my boy!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    For the record, I haven't actively played for quite a number of ages and while I have given some advice to a specific kingdom, I expect that will also be limited this coming age. I can only moderate the strategy forum so I guess you can keep a close watch on me there to see if I appear biased.
    You've forgotten more about utopia than most of the people offering help have ever known lol.

Most people asking for help in the forums aren't look for top level strategies. They want to know why their kingdom is mad that they aren't running any guilds even though they are an orc

Enthusiast

I'm really confused about what your problem is, then. Any long time player will have long time opponents. Long time players are still the best to tap for strategy. You wouldn't want advice from some noob.

Lol.

What a retarded thread. Your reasons are poor. First, they're mods, and second, of the ****tiest of all forums.

Bishop's promotion was FAR worse and FAR more contentious. He had in game enemies and enemies of his former KD, heretics. And on top of that, he'd been a vocal and prominent poster on AR, utimes and these forums for years before he was promoted here.

Dharan/Bishop modship and, heaven help me, bishop being game support, we're two colossally bad decisions. Help should have been sought from outside the game. And we see this constantly brought, people not liking bishop personally, whenever bishop for whatever reason triggers someone.

But, bishop has been a great forum mod and game support admin. And I say that as someone who sparred with him across AR, utimes, and these forums, who has been perma banned by him in game for forum posts, and has literally a dozen bans on the forums from him.

But ya asf as mod when Zauper of all people bought the game does present the appearance of the establishment of some sort of aristocracy. I agree there. And personally I'd rather not see any prominent kd or alliance leaders, past or present, ever receive modship or game support power.

But asf hasn't traditionally been a confrontational person in public and he hasn't had public rivalries like bishop did imo when he was promoted.

And at the end of the day who is more qualified? Nobody from within the community would be a better or worse choice. Everyone has baggage and Skeletons and interests of their own. And people from outside the game are probably not interested in devoting time to moderation and they'd lack the knowledge of asf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    But ya asf as mod when Zauper of all people bought the game does present the appearance of the establishment of some sort of aristocracy. I agree there. And personally I'd rather not see any prominent kd or alliance leaders, past or present, ever receive modship or game support power.
    Zaup played a third of an age with ASF in Emeriti and it ended with Zaup leaking council chat to assist flogger's AWAR, which in the end resulted in a crown for Zauper + Hawk and Expendables. I feel like they aren't good friends, I'd say more long time opponents. And I think D&J reaching out to people they weren't friends with is a positive thing, and those are two decent picks for Strategy forums.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Zaup played a third of an age with ASF in Emeriti and it ended with Zaup leaking council chat to assist flogger's AWAR, which in the end resulted in a crown for Zauper + Hawk and Expendables. I feel like they aren't good friends, I'd say more long time opponents. And I think D&J reaching out to people they weren't friends with is a positive thing, and those are two decent picks for Strategy forums.
    Not saying they are friends, I don't know what their relationship is at all. Just that Zauper is already himself one of the more famous players/leaders and ASF is the physical manifestation of evil in Utopia, and also more prolific and famous imo.

So the fact that one is an owner and the other is now a mod does sort of give the appearance that not all are equal, and in particular to ghetto riff raft who do believe that 'the top' is a secret cabal helll bent on destroying their funs

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Me when I read that Pillz thinks my modship was one of the least worst appointments in modern utopia:

Thread Information