Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new owners

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Me when I read that Pillz thinks my modship was one of the least worst appointments in modern utopia:

I would get another 3 day ban expressing my thoughts on your modship

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Not saying they are friends, I don't know what their relationship is at all. Just that Zauper is already himself one of the more famous players/leaders and ASF is the physical manifestation of evil in Utopia, and also more prolific and famous imo.

So the fact that one is an owner and the other is now a mod does sort of give the appearance that not all are equal, and in particular to ghetto riff raft who do believe that 'the top' is a secret cabal helll bent on destroying their funs
    Who cares about the Aladdins of Utopia?

Me when I read that Pillz thinks my modship was one of the least worst appointments in modern utopia:
    You set yourself up for that one
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm already soaring with pride and confidence. Your backtracking does nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Who cares about the Aladdins of Utopia?
    The Jasmines?

The Jasmines?
    Every time you post an image of Gif my hatred grows.

The Jasmines?
    I have full confidence that she'll make the right decision and listen to her father.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I have full confidence that she'll make the right decision and listen to her father.
    When does the voice of reason get to pick his utopia forum colour?

To whom it may concern,

I am writing with interest for the position of Strategy moderator.

I submit as evidence of my ability, one of the highest read threads in the history on these forums: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...ealest-Returns

I would invite a chance to discuss my qualifications in further detail.

Best regards,
    Realest
    The End of an Era

Administrator
    The forums seem to think that thread has all of 4 unique readers. Even this thread already has 42!

In all seriousness, Persain and ASF were approached because we know that they are actively involved in the community and interested in giving advice. Broadly -- if you think that you have the necessary knowledge (because frankly there is an expectation that the strategy moderators understand game mechanics, and proactively attempt to expand the knowledgebase for the game) and time to contribute, we're open to talking about giving you the same goldenrod color, with all the extra access (you get access to a mod subforum with no posts after 2009!) that entails.

Realest -- if you are serious, PM me or email support, and let's talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    When does the voice of reason get to pick his utopia forum colour?
    I am happy just to not be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    To whom it may concern,

Best regards,
    Realest
    Can we get that bad boy unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    The forums seem to think that thread has all of 4 unique readers. Even this thread already has 42!
    Page one has Realest, Godly, and Syntico that is a Historic page. #Blessed

I like to post
    I understand the promotion of Persain. He's been an active and constructive forum poster for many years. He was actually the guy I looked up to most when I started this game and his patient explanation of strats and mechanics on the strategy section helped me a ton.

As for ASF, I really don't understand? He hasn't played for what, 10 ages? His recent achievements have been limited to the occasional forum post defending against some old ABS-not ABS thing 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong, he might still be a good player, but his recent achievements do not warrant it, and you shouldn't be selected just based on having founded a long-running alliance that's already dead?

Needs to get out more
    I'm thinking ASF mod designation is based on a different strategy level than Persains. Persain is tactics and ASF strategy.
    ASF has a global understanding of Utopia that surpasses the age to age idiosyncrasies.

For khronosschoty, I rarely see his expression of opinion. I can't know his intentions but I gather his objective was to encourage zen in the new ownership. He's always been a positive light and I expect his words come from experience. I'm a creature of hope and wish you guys the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    And what use is ASFs strategy? is he going to advise ghettos how to retal soldier swap hitting? There is literally 0 incentive for him to be upfront about teaching the lower tier anything because.

1. He aint from there.
    2. Teaching them means hurting his friends who've been used to running this game for the last 70 ages.

I hardly need to remind anyone that Em and Div have been allies for many ages, assisting each other when it was necessary.

People Id put in charge would be Elit (I can translate) or Coss, hell Strato would be a much much better pick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    And what use is ASFs strategy? is he going to advise ghettos how to retal soldier swap hitting? There is literally 0 incentive for him to be upfront about teaching the lower tier anything because.

1. He aint from there.
    2. Teaching them means hurting his friends who've been used to running this game for the last 70 ages.

I hardly need to remind anyone that Em and Div have been allies for many ages, assisting each other when it was necessary.

People Id put in charge would be Elit (I can translate) or Coss, hell Strato would be a much much better pick as well.
    I believe you are projecting onto ASF. I don't believe he thinks like you. Elit, Coss, and Strat0 are welcome to post in that section of the forums and they are welcome to PM Jeff/Zaup aka J/Z aka JayZ if they desire modship.

*I am outspoken against ABS and ASF and I will continue to be, but this is not an issue*

I like to post
    No I simply observe. Hes too much part of the in-group. If the devs truly want to make this a game for all it should incorporate people from the out-group as well (can always teach em first).

Strategy Moderator
    Been a bit busy so just caught this thread, wanna comment on a couple of things

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I have to say I'm already disappointed with what I've seen them do so far in the forum -- "promoting" "Aquaseafoam and Persain" IMO was a mistake, and not a small one.
    if the game were to jump up 20k players there has to be more mods. If not ASF/Me who would you prefer? (bart says a few below) I personally view the strategy forum is probably the best forum to "train" competent new players as new players are always going to have the same questions. Those same questions need to be asked every age too because mechanics/races/personalities and whatnot constantly change. Go read some of the "guides" from ages 20-30 in utopia temple and then tell me if people wouldn't rage to have a player following that guide today. To that end

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Their doing so makes me question whether the game is unbiased or not. I also feel its unfair to their long time opponents. For those reasons I loose confidence in the game as a whole.

And for the record I've never had a personal issue with either of them.
    Every person has a bias, a perfect example was this thread

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...at-Race-Debate

My bias is obvious...im not going to say XYZ counters undead war hero perfectly nor am i going to detail out my own kds setup step for step. Because
    1. every setup requires a differnt level of play so if i said a 25 man orc mystic kd beats pure t/m+undead war hero and then someone fails the default answer cant just be "well get better" because running a kd is so much more than just haveing a designed setup.
    2. im only a small part of what decides what my kd runs. I've actually had my kd run setups that are just terrible (we tryied to run undead rogue+undead mystic full hybrid kd, that i still argue SHOULD work) so to "guess" a setup that i haven't fully planed out isnt exactly helping anyone.
    3. in that thread in particular i personally was thinking my own kds best option was probubly undead....so i wasn't trying to go beyond it.

With that said im not sure how making me mod is unfair to anyone...i dont really have a bias against anyone but realest because he can be condescending, but if he wants to be a strategy mod and is willing to be a bit more active/give good advise i'd be all for him to be a mod too. Likewise im not drastically changing my posting habits, the only differnce now is if i KNOW how a mechanic works and i can confrim it in the strategy forum and people can be like "aaah" hes a mod he wouldnt lie, instead of trying to determine which of the 8-10 posts contains the most "facts"

As for
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post

1. He aint from there.

Strategy as in how to deal with people, or overal how do i manage a kd. ASF is also pretty knowledgeable about game mechanics but he gives good advise on how to deal with the people in this game. Like if want to build a named kd people dont hate be straight forward about cf's and not back down on statement. Case in point is the age Coss pk'ed 2/3 of my kd because we needed his cf to grow....."either u cf us for free as your opponents did, or we're going to stall you because your being the only nasty kd". Never had trouble with cf's after that....but it nearly cost me 3 players due to a wasted age.

Also for what its worth Divinity are Emeriti are allies because you and Dorje, ASF told me to stay on good terms with ALL the top back in age 55 but we allied Emeriti in the alliance war due to Dorje and they backed us up due to you waving us a couple of ages later..... The extent of our "alliance" in the past 4+ ages were in game cf's once both kds loc leaked....not unlike my relationship with your own kd.
    Last edited by Persain; 08-03-2017 at 07:46.

Thread Information