Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The new owners

I think a more interesting question would be when was the last time Asf posted in Strategy? (The welcome doesn't count)

Director of Age Changes
    He did post recently, you're just nitpicking :P
    Last edited by Avenger; 08-03-2017 at 15:58.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I think a more interesting question would be when was the last time Asf posted in Strategy? (The welcome doesn't count)
    Yesterday.

If you mean before the color change, July 23rd, 2015, but that doesn't include mechanics topics posted in UT or other means of discussion

Im not against ASF as moderator for Strategy just surprised by their choice. You would think they would pick someone that was actively and geniunely providing information, discussions etc would be the choice. Not someone that just has merits of "top play" and a big name historically speaking. :P

To me it seems like some cave in to pressure of Zauper being called out by Binar.

WEAK
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Im not against ASF as moderator for Strategy just surprised by their choice. You would think they would pick someone that was actively and geniunely providing information, discussions etc would be the choice. Not someone that just has merits of "top play" and a big name historically speaking. :P
    This. I have nothing against ASF the one time I spoke to him he seemed like a nice guy.

Its just that there are currently many players with way more current game knowledge whove also shown way more commitment. Francis is a good example, Coss too. Hell, I know for sure that I personally can teach ghetto monarchs a lot better than those topplayers because simply put Ive been one for the last 8-9 ages and have been doing active kd building for that period as well ans have shared tons of knowledge with other warring tier monarchs discussing strats etc.

There are many other suitable candidates too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    This. I have nothing against ASF the one time I spoke to him he seemed like a nice guy.

Its just that there are currently many players with way more current game knowledge whove also shown way more commitment. Francis is a good example, Coss too. Hell, I know for sure that I personally can teach ghetto monarchs a lot better than those topplayers because simply put Ive been one for the last 8-9 ages and have been doing active kd building for that period as well ans have shared tons of knowledge with other warring tier monarchs discussing strats etc.

There are many other suitable candidates too.
    Nothing stopping you or any of those people posting in the strategy section. Nobody seemed to care enough to post before, whats the big deal now?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Would it help if there was an indicator that "Moderator" status does not indicate control over the game or authority beyond enforcing independent rules in the particular forum? That way there's less risk that new players get confused.

I can see the movie Idiocracy becoming more real each day.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Nothing stopping you or any of those people posting in the strategy section. Nobody seemed to care enough to post before, whats the big deal now?
    Not a bad point. But all you have done is call out the strategy section for being useless because nobody ever posts there. You haven't explained why ASF should be a moderator. Why not make Ronald McDonald the mod? Uh, Bart or Coss could still post there and that would not be "stopping you or any of those people" from posting in the strategy section.

I don't GAF who is mod and would be more than happy to see ASF or Mickey Mouse moderate the forum. I just like to call out bad logic when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    Not a bad point. But all you have done is call out the strategy section for being useless because nobody ever posts there. You haven't explained why ASF should be a moderator. Why not make Ronald McDonald the mod? Uh, Bart or Coss could still post there and that would not be "stopping you or any of those people" from posting in the strategy section.

I don't GAF who is mod and would be more than happy to see ASF or Mickey Mouse moderate the forum. I just like to call out bad logic when i see it.
    Where did I say strategy was useless? We've already explained why we chose who we chose.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Don't worry yourself about logic when discussing with Bishop. Authoritative figure is where it's at.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Matija, don't post in this thread again.

I like to post
    I'll scold Matija a bit for you Bishop. Sadly he has trouble dealing with authority/logic, but together we will succeed!

What is your name? Reek! Reek!

No, he was wondering why the sudden peak of interest in the Strategy forum when it previously had no interest at all. Also wondering why people cant do all the things they mentioned in above posts, it doesnt matter if you're a moderator or not.

Thread Information