Thread: Idea for Human and Dwarf

Scribe

Idea for Human and Dwarf

This is just a response to something I read in regards to human having an identity crisis, but think this could also extend to dwarf. So as attackers Orcs are known for their gain and casualties, then Undead for their nasty plague, and Avian as a speed attacker. But as an attacker the Human and Dwarves are more passive with their econ bonuses for war prepping, so to maybe present them in a more active role with their attacks to attach a related utility to their attacks. Humans and dwarves may have lower offenses than their counterparts, but say Human inspires 'Greed' for 8 hours whenever attacking or being attacked and likewise Dwarf reduces the BE of enemies he attacks or attacks him. Then it's a choice of utility vs. heavy attackers.

Regular
    Both Dwarf and Human have well defined identities. Without science bonuses or merchant as a personality option human might have a lost some of its identity but it still has a purpose in the proper kingdom dynamic (yes it could use some improvement). Dwarf still extremely well defined.

Post Fiend
    Knights and Beserkers are still pretty tough and i feel the other benefits of Humans and Dwarves make them still good choices for attacker provinces ...
    Live long and prosper

Regular
    I will second the notion of lack of identity for humans. They mainly lost their jack of all trades versatality with their sci buff removal. Income boosts alternatively does not raise any of their capabilities and high elite costs does not make the race any faster in war prep/recovery unless you focus on a spec army. What i see right now is humans becoming a standard template race. Meaning what it can do, others can do better, only thing it does so without drawbacks of other races nor any ability to outdo the competition.

Dwarves on the other hand have their identity based on fast and free build with in war raze recovery, along with some turtling power which is a different playstyle with different priorities altogether.

That being said, i would much rather see some perks added to the race, even if you have tone down the income bonus.

Thread Information